Xlite controller going wonky on me

Pure

10 kW
Ok, a few days ago I was riding the bike in our FL heat when all of the sudden my bike just cut out on me. The CA was showing full power, and I reset the BMS to make sure it hadn't tripped. Everything looked fine, my motor was still cool to the touch and like I said, the CA was powered up showing 66 volts. After pedaling for about 15 minutes It powered up and ran fine. Now when I take the bike out, at first it runs fine, but after about a mile it won't let me pull more than 4 amps with the CA still showing full power and very little voltage sag.. The controller is a first gen xlite 36-72V analog. I assume I over heated the controller. Is it toast?

I have a new 18fet infinion that's been collecting dust for 2 years. Does anyone have a link to the wiring diagram for xlite 5300 motos to the infinion?

Pure said:
I have a new 18fet infinion that's been collecting dust for 2 years. Does anyone have a link to the wiring diagram for xlite 5300 motos to the infinion?
Swap blue and yellow hall wires
Swap blue and green phase wires

Thanks! I'll give her a go this weekend.

Thanks Fechter, I kinda figured that's about what's going on. I bought the 18 fet controller way back when I built the bike as a replacement for when this one went tits up. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did with how hot it gets. This is the first summer where I put more than 48 volts to it and at 48 volts the outer case still got hot enough to burn to the touch.

MadRhino said:
Pure said:
Swap blue and yellow hall wires
Swap blue and green phase wires

OK just did this, and this combo makes it go in reverse and it studers. Any one know the proper combo.

And we're off to the races. Found the right combo.

Controller: Motor:
HALL:
Yellow Yellow
Green Blue
Blue Green

PHASE:
Yellow Blue
Green Green
Blue Yellow

Back