New "off the shelf" ebike

csmarr

100 mW
http://www.rrbike.com
It looks Interesting. Bottom bracket drive. I saw one of these on ebay a while back. What do you think?

Well, it's obviously not marketed to us!

Looks like a solid bike frame. The motor only adds 200w, so it's pretty wimpy. I don' know enough about the bike and the (non-electrical) components on it to say whether it's worth $1600.

The good news is, however, that if we ever get in trouble with an electric cop, we can always outrun them. :twisted:

Lame.

:roll:

Optibike it ain't. But that's an honest bike. $1,600 is realistic.

So it is possible to look rugged but not ratty, hhmmm....

Built in battery rack iz da hotz.

Motor looks noisy though. . . how are you supposed to sneak up on the perps with a spidey net running a loud ass motor?

Made for torque than speed. Just slap a rear 408 or 406 on there and you'd be set.

I missed the 200 watt power rating. Yeah weak. It looks like there was some kind of adaptation of a wheel chair drive motor bolted on the bottom of the frame. I wish I coud see inside the "gear box". Adding a more powerful motor doesn't look too hard.

lazarus2405 said:
I don' know enough about the bike and the (non-electrical) components on it to say whether it's worth $1600.

I'd opine that the non-electric bike part of it is worth maybe $200. Generic Chinese stuff through and through.

Looks like someone wants to hose the taxpayer.

That would be me, damned it. Cop would be better off on a horse.

looks like a worm gear drive for the bottom bracket. I wouldn't expect it to be too loud. I'd be more concerned about gear losses. While worm gears are great for high gear ratios, the efficiency usually sucks. Does make for a compact and simple drive though. That rear battery/cargo-rack is nice too. Price is relatively sane too, considering it uses lithium batteries.

Marty

Back