has anyone got experience with the V2 crystalyte controller?

monster

100 kW
has anyone got experience with the V2 crystalyte controller? you know the one with the heat sink finned aluminum case. i heard that they are digital more efficient compared to the old V1 analouge. i got one now and it would be nice to know how much more efficient they are.

"more efficient" is going to depend upon the FETs. Same FETs, same setup, and there won't be any differences in efficiency. I mean, they're pretty efficient as it is, especially compared to, say, the motor.

Generally, the v2 units are just better designed. PCB layout is cleaner, and the PCB itself is white (so you can see problems, blown things, burns more easily), and the FETs are mounted far better, with shorter leg lengths and no bending. They've also got a troubleshooting LED with error codes.

To be fair, I haven't put any miles on mine yet. Just unloaded tests, since I have no spoke wrench, or tire, or torque arm.

Mine ( 36-72V 35A version 2 ) has been working just fine for me.

But since I have never ridden with an older V1 Crystalyte controller, I have no clue what the difference is between the two in performance.

ive noticed a few differences between the controllers. the V2 controller doesn't seem to get as hot as the old controller. i think the FETs are better in the V2. i noticed the V2 controller "dips" the power for 1/2 a second to let you know something bad is happening. im not sure what yet? either high voltage sag or batteries running low? can anyone confirm this?

same top speed, same acceleration.

other nice touches are the on/off button more easily accessible and changed to a positional switch instead of button so easier for pressing through a cloth bag. there are more connectors coming out the V2.

monster said:
there are more connectors coming out the V2.

Yep. Brakes, throttle, pedelec, cruise control ( the six pin ), and the usual battery, power, and hall sensor connectors.

kbarrett said:
monster said:

Yep. Brakes, throttle, pedelec, cruise control ( the six pin ), and the usual battery, power, and hall sensor connectors.

Unless, of course, the controller is one of ebikes.ca's, in which case all you have are throttle, CycleAnalyst, hall, battery, and phase wires.

lazarus2405 said:
kbarrett said:
monster said:

Unless, of course, the controller is one of ebikes.ca's, in which case all you have are throttle, CycleAnalyst, hall, battery, and phase wires.

Justin's controllers are definitely not stock ... heh.

Back