Another cheap Chinese retailer...cheap stuff?

veloman

10 MW
a 48v 10ah headway battery (no charger) is $370 including shipping to USA. Are these real Headways?
greenbikekit.com

They seem to have cheap prices on Bafang hubs too.

What could go wrong with the Headway battery if it's legit? That seems like a great deal for a complete quality battery. You can choose a high amp bms with it too.

Well, it could be big and awkward in its long steel can. But only if you want to carry a lot of wh of it. 36v 1p is plenty small and light still.

Definitely a lot more fixable than any soldered pouch pack.

I still need to do more research but it seems Chinese battery manufacturers are engaging in illegal dumping. What this means is they can't sell their batteries at retail price so they flood the market i.e. ebay, and online with very low price, low quality batteries. People think they are getting a good deal when really they are not.

Buyer beware.

lester12483 said:
I still need to do more research but it seems Chinese battery manufacturers are engaging in illegal dumping. What this means is they can't sell their batteries at retail price so they flood the market i.e. ebay, and online with very low price, low quality batteries. People think they are getting a good deal when really they are not.

Buyer beware.

I guess everyone will have to buy your batteries then, huh? :lol:

So who is this retailer anyway?

It's there in the OP.
greenbikekit.com

I didn't see it the first time either.
Where are those reading glasses anyway :roll:

I'm spoiled, was looking for a link to click. My google search only pulls up a tradekey page selling a motor.

So I do need a link to see that battery.

http://www.greenbikekit.com/index.php/lithium-battery/lifepo4.html

Same stuff as BMS Battery, slightly lower pricing, but of course we know it's all about shipping with these vendors in China.
Maybe later I will run some things though check-out to get an idea how much we would be gouged for shipping.

yeah you have to bend over when it comes to shipping

just checked 1 headway pack will cost you about 100 - 200 shipped to Australia

but its still slightly cheaper than bmsbattery, i wonder if they ship their items quickly
4 weeks later bms battery still have not sent squat. i want my 2kw charger

veloman said:
a 48v 10ah headway battery (no charger) is $370 including shipping to USA. Are these real Headways?

$370 SHIPPED to me in USA is pretty cheap.

nechaus said:
yeah you have to bend over when it comes to shipping

just checked 1 headway pack will cost you about 100 - 200 shipped to Australia

but its still slightly cheaper than bmsbattery, i wonder if they ship their items quickly
4 weeks later bms battery still have not sent squat. i want my 2kw charger
Yeah, that's the crux of it, isn't it? It's really annoying when you place your order with BMS Battery, get a payment notice and they go "dark" for 10 working days. And then there is the Chinese New Years issue.
If this new outfit wants to act a little more "Western" In their practices, I for one, will give them my business. And let BMS Battery know the reason I left!
We'll see I guess.

neptronix said:
lester12483 said:

Buyer beware.

Which, unless I'm mistaken, are really cells made in China or the Far East and just assembled in the USA into packs. Gotta give lester12483 full marks for being the pushy salesman at every opportunity......................

Jeremy Harris said:
neptronix said:
lester12483 said:

Buyer beware.

Which, unless I'm mistaken, are really cells made in China or the Far East and just assembled in the USA into packs. Gotta give lester12483 full marks for being the pushy salesman at every opportunity......................

And it really stands out here on the Sphere, where the majority of those who sell new products don't do any sales pitches, their products and service sell themselves.

Just a warning about buying from Chinese suppliers - Yawn!. I still do it but I haven't always been successful. BMSBattery told me that the Bafang SWXU was disk compatible, so on their advice I ordered a kit. When it arrived, I found it wasn't disk compatible, so I queried it with BMSBattery. They told me I got what I ordered, so they couldn't help me in any way.

My only option would have been to send it back for a refund, but the high shipping cost meant that I would have lost nearly everything. Luckily, I was able to sell the kit on Ebay, so I didn't lose too much.

I also had a bad experience with EVassemble, who didn't package a couple of motors properly, so they got damaged in transit. Paypal said the same : I would have to send them back for a refund, which would have cost even more than I paid for them. Again I had luck. After a lot of phone calls I managed to get the shipper to accept some responsibility and they sent them back free of charge. EVAssemble made be send all the evidence of damage and get confirmation from DHL so that they could claim on their insurance, but they didn't offer me anything. Eventually I got my money back from Paypal. It was a lot of work: four visits to DHL office; about 2 hours on the phone; another hour or so doing photos and sending e-mails - about 6 hours in total!

Morals of the story:
If you buy enough stuff from China, eventually you'll lose something, but you save enough on the other orders to more than compensate for it. There's always a risk with a single order.
Be very careful with the actual ordering process to make sure you select the right things. All their niceness goes out the window once you have something you don't want.

I noticed now http://www.greenbikekit.com/ just returns a standard Godaddy hosting page!
Would be a shame if these guys have closed up shop. I never ordered anything but a spare part from them but I always liked the option of them / prices and have been eyeing some of there stuff for a while now.

lester12483 said:

Buyer beware.

They are 10 or 20c and in the 15 to $25 range depending on The C rate and Ah rate. They seem to be selling them all over the place. I would think if they are very bad we would be hearing about it from new users joining. They could be off 10 to 20% and most people would never notice.

TheBeastie said:
I noticed now http://www.greenbikekit.com/ just returns a standard Godaddy hosting page!
Would be a shame if these guys have closed up shop. I never ordered anything but a spare part from them but I always liked the option of them / prices and have been eyeing some of there stuff for a while now.

oh wow, you're right. Yea, I hadn't ordered anything from them yet. I've ordered from BMSbattery at least a dozen times so now they give me good service and often throw parts in for free to keep me coming back, but as their shipping prices keep slowly rising I was considering trying out greenbikekit.com. That's a shame if they've closed up. Though I never did really find out what their story was and why they seemed like the little brother to BMSbattery. Maybe there is a connection?

mlt34 said:
TheBeastie said:

oh wow, you're right. Yea, I hadn't ordered anything from them yet. I've ordered from BMSbattery at least a dozen times so now they give me good service and often throw parts in for free to keep me coming back, but as their shipping prices keep slowly rising I was considering trying out greenbikekit.com. That's a shame if they've closed up. Though I never did really find out what their story was and why they seemed like the little brother to BMSbattery. Maybe there is a connection?
I recon at heart they were still different people at least, mainly because greenbikekit did things like sell internal bafang parts like gear cogs so you could service/repair your motor on the cheap and keep it going for a long time, looks like Bmsbattery aren't into that kind of business.

I checked today, and their website is back up. I just receive the cutie 100 like motor and controller from them last week. It was quick shipping, they sent out Friday and I got it Wednesday, shipped by DLH. Anna Lee was the sales rep that I dealt with. When I get my BPM, I will order it from them. shipping is costly, my cutie was $135 total, where the BPM is going to cost $200.

Has anyone ordered anything from them yet? Do they respond to inquiries in a timely manner? How are their English skills? Is it worth the risk in order to save a couple of $$?

ambroseliao said:
Has anyone ordered anything from them yet? Do they respond to inquiries in a timely manner? How are their English skills? Is it worth the risk in order to save a couple of $$?
I've used them a couple of times. They're very good comms-wise. I think they get their stuff from the same place/s as BMSBattery. There seems to be a link between the two companies. My theory is that one or more employees split and set up on their own.

dnmun said:
there is a guy here on CL who is selling his unused headway cells for $10 each. so that would be $120 for a 36V battery, plus add on a BMS and charger

Can you post a link to this listing I would like to see

GBK?
I've bought four times from them. They are cheaper on shipping than BMSbattery. I place my order, wait about 3 weeks for them to get the stuff from bafang, lace the wheel and ship. Two days later it lands here in Australia.

My q100 kit from them on my globe is excellent. Their 350w controller is cheap, small and pulls about 490W from the battery, so it's cop proof. My latest BPM500 kit is good, straight from the factory as the latest version and very quiet.

My other nice item from them is my 8.8Ahr bottle battery and charger. It has been faultless, so I bought another for my wife's cargo bikes. So far faultless after about 5 weeks.

Alice on their email is very good and very quick. Yesterday i complained to her that the BPM 500W rack battery kit needed an extra rack (not included in the kit) , and the extra $20 rack drove shipping to Australia up by eighty extra bucks. Within 5 mins she emailed back to say she had fixed it so the shipping would only be $20 extra. I hit refresh and ordered again.

She did say that the rack battery was out of stock as LiPo, and would I take LiFePo. She knows her stuff.

I really like GBK. Talk to them and they will try to get you what they want. Just do it before clicking the paypal button, so no surprises.

Back