http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=55

NeilP said:
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=55

I'm waiting for the invisible one.

The Friendly Cat's Paw
$49.95
friendlycatspaw.jpg

Motorists and Cyclists alike,

As you already know: most states require a three foot buffer for a motorist to pass a cyclist. How far is three feet? Well, it's pretty impractical to hang a measuring tape out of your window.

So what is the solution?
The KaleCoAuto Friendly Cat's Paw. Simply attach the clamp side to your bicycle and extend the telescoping Cat's Paw. This extends to exactly 2ft 11 and 7/8ths inches. If a motorist passes too close, the spring-loaded Cat's Paw will gently brush the paint of the vehicle and emit a high pitched squealing sound as the (user replaceable!) friendship-blades run across the paint!

The motorist will know immediately they are too close, and give you a friendly wave. Whew! Accident avoided.

Another KaleCoAuto product that makes sharing the road safer and more fun!*

Weight Weenies: Only 113 grams!

*Not for use with pedestrians.

"friendship-blades" :lol:

ahah!! If only it is possible to use something like this!! :lol:

I'm sure if I install something like that on my bike, I'm going to be stopped by the COP for weapon on board! lol

Too bad, I'd love to have something like that on my brompton :twisted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i could not stop laughing. the performance kits include the Opipe exhaust, either single or double Opipe exhaust are the same price!!

the cross drilled brake lines for good air flow, the engine oil bypass line to protect your new synthetic oil, radiator insulator to stop energy loss.

this has gotta be the best one i have seen. hats off to the guys who sponsor them, get your power bands from them.

edit: there is even a place where you can enter your email address and password!!!!!!!!

enter all your credit card info too!!!

here is the dual exhaust Opipe:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=41

Those guys must have a sense of humor.

Getting on the main page, this made me laugh. Tampon dispenser.tampon.jpg

Looks like it's stuck in the cigarette lighter to me, "Hey, no smoking tampons in my car a hole!"

Re the original topic. It's hard to be the traditional method. Wear a paint can opener on your traffic side hand like a ring.Paint can opener.jpg

Really now :?: :lol: I'm more concerned with drivers turning without having seen me and the 1 second its going to take before serious injury. No time for either me or the driver to react. Its the "roads belong to car drivers" mentality that is all wrong. The laws, police, courts & insurance companies are a cabal that reinforces this status-quo. In my post-trauma recupperation time, I'm contemplating what I want to do. The "assume you're invisible" and do things to become more visible, like lights is step number one. But if the roads are ever to be made safer for me and my friends, my city has to become more "bike friendly." So some revised local ordinances. I'm hoping to bring something to my local city district councilor to consider what might be done. :shock:

no, it's all a spoof, none of it is real. that was why i liked it so much. just reading about the porcupine quill seat covers is too much, and the salad shooter spinners. you gotta read every one. that was why i was amazed to see that auto shops were buying google ad space there. if you need new adjustable power bands, go buy them from the sponsors.

but the best part was where they have an order page where you can enter all your personal info. such as your email address and password, credit card info and passwords, i wonder if anyone really did. you never know, some people may not even realize it is a spoof and think they really do need to have the chromed hollow spark plug wires, or the spark plugs that really do plug the spark.

They even have a product for Doc Bass, a Flux Capacitor: http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=21

fluxcap.jpg

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=51

A very useful screwdriver

Dauntless said:
You can even have 'em stick a quarter in to open it as a gate.
They're more likely to stick their quarter panel into you, for "blocking their path". :roll:

People are aggressive enough here in Phoenix on some roads (and all roads at some times) that they wouldn't care that they hit something as long as they think they can get away with it. In the last two major collision cleanups at my workplace's west exit, they even went around the police trying to control traffic by blocking the lanes so the cleanup crew could do their job safely, and did so by going around them AGAINST ONCOMING TRAFFIC, causing further collisions in two or three cases, and almost running down an officer in at least one, who almost fired at them after they passed him while he was beating on their car to make them stop.

So I wouldn't trust them not to aim for anything sticking out of the bike, although I have wanted to make a lighted stick on a hinge like MattyCiii's for a while to test the theory.

But I also suspect the police would stop me for it, and try to tell me it's illegal to block the cars' paths. :roll:

Funny we keep coming back to this concept.

I've been using something along these lines a long time now:
DSCF2985.JPG

Here's the full thread: Folding "Lefty Light Stick" - Keep the cagers at bay!

Once upon a time I used to dream of putting a nasty surprise - along the lines of the "friendship blades" - on the end of those lights. Instead I have nice, cushy soft clear heat shrink. This came in handy recently as I was moving about 20mph down the center of 3 lanes in down town Boston. A woman popped out between planters in a refuge island in the median, and started to cross the street (mid block). I had few choices - since pedestrians are so nimble. I was preparing to brake and swerve, but she hesitated a step - looked like she was going to stop. So I swerved right without braking. Then in an instant, she started to cross again, right into my path. I barely swerved around her and passed her down my left side.

I'm not sure if my Lefty Light Stick even hit her, if it did only the tip touched and it didn't hit with enough force to pivot the light mount. That carbon fiber strip is plenty yielding:
DSCF2990.JPG

I'm glad I never did install any "friendship blades", this might have been a ride-by C-section for her...

I've considered using a spring base whip antenna with an orange blinky at the end, hoping it would get hit (the drivers would just aim at it instead of me). Instead of respecting it as a left turn signal, they might think it's a sign directing them to turn right into the next bar. :twisted:

It's the carrier of my brompton bike. It's easier to see now.

Basically it extend the carrying capacity with an aluminium sheet. This sheet is very... cutty :lol:

It'll be cutty as it tears your ass up when you slip on a pedal or eat chit. Seriously consider what its gonna do to you in the worsts case situation.

I got a fold out red plastic arm with a 2 1/2" red reflector on the back and white one on the front. It's probably about 14" long. I got it for two situations
- When mothers are driving their kids after picking up from school there attention is firmly on the kids, little on me.
- Narrow roads (usually no path by a wall, trees or hedges) where cars seem to have no judgement of space. I had a bar end mirror knocked off by one of them!

This is the kind of thing, mines a little different.
(UK cheapest I've seen is £5 from http://www.thebikefactory.co.uk)
reflector.jpg

Back