Jet bike and e-bikes on TV tonight! (UK only)

Papa Pro

1 W
Hi all,

Here's a video of the Jet Bike. It sounded amazing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7513473204138601722&q=source:004271549387836335260&hl=en

And tonight you can see this and some e-bikes including the Optibike being tested on the Gadget Show. Can't wait to see what they show.

So it's 20:00 on Channel Five. I'll try and google video it too.

its repeated on Sunday morning. damn if only i had seen this thread earlier! :x

Hi Monster,

I am trying to upload the show to Google but it's down. Will try somthing else. It was a good show.

Here is Suzi Perry riding the Optibike. I will post the Google bigger Video with all the other bikes once Google approves it.

http://groups.google.com/group/optibike/files You can dowload this file. It's been made using DivX.

Sorry for the late reply. Been up to me neck...

So, here is the video of the Suzi on the Opti

http://www.optibike.co.uk/optibike800Li/gadgetshow.htm (30 seconds)

And here is the full feature of bikes including the FASTEST electric bike in the world. 0 to 60 on ONE SECOND!!! I wonder what batteries they are using? Hmmm...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7318853641582804032&hl=en (5 mins)

Hi Rich

Got to say I was so disappointed with the coverage they gave the bike, concentrating on the jet bike which was ridiculous and has been done so many times it was pointless. You had the bike shipped over especially and run around like mad to get it ready and they gave you blink and you miss it exposure like that, my opinion of the show has dropped considerably, the other week Jason spent 10 mins showing off on a petrol powered snow board? whats the point?

They missed a huge opportunity, I sometimes think that you only get coverage if you are prepared to give them gifts to give away in their prize phone in, they have no objectivity a few years back they run camera tests and a certain brand seemed to beat others but when you checked up online and on forums this never seemed to fit.

I think you would get more exposure just doing your own UK opti video and pushing it on youtube, you can hardly push it as the as seen on the gadget show bike as it was hardly seen at all, lets all sit there and watch old baldy test water pistols...again...yawn yawn..... they let you down big time IMHO.

Knoxie

Hi Paul,

Yes my friend. In many ways it was a missed opportunity. But only when you talk to the researchers do you realise that they are the ones who have to research all the products (and there are many) and they can’t possibly get the real picture in the time frame they have to do their research.

As for the bikes they reviewed. Not many companies turned up with their products. So they showed what they had. And I don’t think this was a serious stab at environmental products. They did have some cool stuff but nothing really life changing. I did just LOVE the “Air Jelly” what a robot that was. As was the Aqua Jelly. I will try and Google that too as they were simply beautiful. But over all, I was very happy with the coverage. Sure I would have like more but I knew it would only be 30 seconds. Life is a bitch sometimes. But I enjoy the challenge.

I fund both Suzi and Jason to be very aware of environmental issues. Jason was even hosting a live Eco show and offered to bring the Optibike. Unfortunately we did not have a bike to bring so missed that show. But he will help when I am ready. He is also getting an Opti to test for a month. Soon I will try and offer you guys a months test ride too. It’s a pretty cool machine. Suzi also offered for us to go to Monaco for the Boat show. Not sure but it’s interesting...

The show has been well worth it though as we are about to order another 100 units. So no, it was well worth it! :D

Thanks Paul for your input. Take care my friend and we will talk soon.

Hi Mate

100 more units!! jeez thats amazing!! so didnt do so bad after all then? are they all sellers? hmm well fair play, I still think they could have made more of the bike, well perhaps next time maybe? they need to make sure folks know what these high end gadgets can do, I doubt that suzi or Jason have much say in the editorial process of the show though? so it may be a little unfair to blame them. Maybe after owning one for a month they will get the optibike back for an e-bike shootout, that would make a good show, I could bring my BMX for a race!!

Id also love to test one for a month, jeez even a week would be great, just let me know, if you want a video doing can sort that out as well, I get a lot of hits on youtube and google on my films, may help shift a few for you, I dont see the bike having any problems with me, I think it is an amazing machine without even trying one.

Hope you get your lipo pack soon and look forward to a ride report from you, take care and good luck

Paul

Hi Paul,

Bless your cotton socks

Yes my friend. It’s going really well. But very slow to get our stock. Everything is hand made in the USA including the motors, battery packs, Electronics, frame ect... And shipping & taxes alone are around 1.5k which really pissed me off. At least we are delivering some cool tech to Europe.

The presenters of the gadget show don’t get much say. It’s the same for my girlfriend who hosts the Russian version of the Gadget show in Moscow. They are near told what to say. It is funny when the presenter says “I chose this product” when in fact the products were found by a researcher. So it’s not as clean cut as it looks.

I can’t wait to loan you a bike. I want Josser to try one too. It looks like we are near sold out of our first 20 bikes. Not quite but a few weeks and I think they will all be gone? So this is real world proof that their is a high end market just waiting to be tapped. But much more importantly. Getting these bikes out there is reward enough for me. Even though it’s cost a small fortune.

Take care Paul and we will meet up soon. When are the Welsh races? Maybe we can meet up for that?

Back