BMC hub, e-crazyman 48v 28amp controller?

andys

100 W
I was thinking of building another electric bike. I want a full suspension for riding the dirt trials and fire roads. I was thinking of actually doing a BMC geared hub motor on the front wheel this time, lithium battery on a rack behind the seat for a good front rear balance This way I could have a two wheel drive bike with my couple hundred human powered watts added on the rear wheel. I also won't have to fool with the derailers, cassette, crankset, and will have a clean wiring by keeping everything up front with short wire runs. I plan to have a torque arm on the fork and to mount the controller close in the front like the go-hub kits, with only 2 wires going to the rear to the battery. I like the specs and price of this controller linked below, but thought I might have read some issues with the BMC hubs. I can't find any info now that I search the archives though.

Any input about my idea of a front wheel drive dirt climber or the e-crazyman hub appreciated. How weird is it to have the front wheel powered and not the rear? I should have about 25MPH top end

http://cgi.ebay.com/48V-600W-brushless-controller-for-E-bike-scooter_W0QQitemZ300225412390QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11332QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi andys,

Have a look in the ebike technical section. A few of us are testing the ecrazyman controller for bike applications and posting there.

Currently I have an ebike with a front hub motor. I'm building one with a rear motor because, among other things, I want to see how different the handling is.

Nick

Mine is front wheel drive and it handles pretty well. The steering is heavy, but once you get used to that the balance is good.

As long as you don't full-power through a tight u-turn on a wet road then it would be fine up to ~1000w.

I have this controller, and another BMC motor that I know has issues with it. Read the sticky in the technical section, the motor will not work properly with that controller.

Back