Trolling for a 40

pwbset

100 kW
I got my ebike parts today finally and since I don't have my Milwaukee setup yet got a little desperate for some trial batteries. I pulled out the FrankenPack of nicads I built at 36v/2.4ah, but since it's been without a charge for who knows how long that only took me about 4-6 blocks and back... though did provide my very first legitimate "ev grin". I then got really impatient and series wired my two Ryobi 18v and that allowed about 4 miles of fun before crapping out.. poor batts. :mrgreen:

Anyway.. figured the FrankenPack with the lamp cord connector and mounted in the water bottle holder might potentially warrant a 40? :lol:

frankenpack.jpg

ryobi.jpg

PS - I'm learning that to get into town and back for a couple miles you don't have to spend $1000 on batteries... anything laying around the shed will do! :mrgreen:

Not just a 40... but two, for the fine work with the zippies, the "air-cooled" cells and the C'lyte Scrotolator.

file.php
file.php

Pardy-Hardy...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pwbset said:
PS - I'm learning that to get into town and back for a couple miles you don't have to spend $1000 on batteries... anything laying around the shed will do!

True, but if the pack is undersize it's gonna have a short life.
Even if they're free it's worth it to have a pack with a little excess capacity.

TylerDurden said:
Not just a 40... but two

OMG... I can't explain it, but I'm all warm and fuzzy inside right now! 8)

It's probably the *real* 40s I've been swilling all evening as I "fast" charge my poor 18v packs for more fun. Ha!

Back