Heated handle bar grip pads

bionx 1954

100 W
I just got some of these 12 v handlebar heating pads. Installed them to day and they work GREAT.Using a DC/DC coverter to power them. They use about 2o W so about 1.5 A draw. At room temp. the heat up to 55 Celuis or 130 F. Went for a 2 hour ride at -10C and they keept my gloves and hands warm. They cost 7.00 US including shipping from Ebay sellers. Search motorcyle grip heating pads and there are several sellers from China. It took about a month to arrive. The unit is pre-wired with a on/off swich with mounting bracket. Very simple to wire just connect the + and _ to 12v.Handle bar heater.jpg

Looks like they could be tucked into a battery box for toasting a battery before the ride too! Run it on a switching power supply while your bike is parked, charging, before the ride in cold winter?

Can you actually feel the heat when you're riding? My fingers get so cold with the gloves I wear, heated fingers means better control of the bike!

Yes they heat is good. I nstalled the heater pads by wrapping them around the top part of the handle bar grips . You can use the supplied rubber covers or tape them on. I used a old tire tube and stretched it over the pads. which held the heaters tight to The bars. They heat up to 130 F, and even when riding in _=10 C the grips are HOT and the heat transfered throgh my gloves and you can feel the HEAT on my fingers,. It is a cheap solution (7.00 US for a pair) for cold fingers and as Dogman points out can also be used to heat battery packs.

dogman said:
Looks like they could be tucked into a battery box for toasting a battery before the ride too! Run it on a switching power supply while your bike is parked, charging, before the ride in cold winter?

yep. they work a treat... I attached one to a large sheet of alloy to distribute the heat more evenly which was then covered in duct tape (to prevent it pearcing the batteries etc). you'll want to run it off a lower voltage ~9v or so to prevent overheating the batteries but it works well, brought my 24s 8ah pack up to 28degC from around 15 in about an hour, ie the time it took to charge!!

Back