springer forks info for ebike

diver

1 kW
I want to put a springer fork on but have no idea how to measure anything that pertains to the bike and fork. Do i just buy one and hope it fits. I asked this question at a bike forum and cant seem to get an answer. Hope you guys can help me out. the bike is Schwinn and i want a fork that is 26inch
thanks again guys

If you figure it out, let us know how it works. I'd love to put a springer on my trike, but I have no Idea if it could handle the torque of a hub motor. I need to see one in the flesh, instead of a picture. As for fitting the bike frame, one of the major issues is the diameter of the steer tube. A lot of bikes use 1 1/8 " but some are only 1" . The big tube will not fit in the hole on the frame if it takes the small one. So the starting point is to find out what size steer tube your bike has. After that from what I can see in pictures, the springer fork steer tube is either adjustable, or cut down to fit the lenght you need on the steer tube. Just my luck, my trike is the one inch tube and most of em I see are for the big tube.

aw, the tube that goes threw for the steering ? The OD of the tube now in the bike has to be the same as one im buying? that was just to easy. thanks so much

If you take the bike to a bike shop, they may be able to tell you what size steer tube you have. Or take the forks off the bike so you can measure it. On my Schwinn trike, the nut on the top of the headset is only about 1 3/16 and the tube is 1" So if the nut on top is bigger than mine it should be a 1 1/8 " steer tube.

Those are mucho nicer forks than the ones I was looking at on ebay!

Back