Cannondale M500... good for conversion?

muffinman

100 W
In my area there is a community bike shop that, among other things, refurbs bikes to sell. they have a Cannondale M500, for $100. as far as i can tell, this is a great deal for a project bike to rebuild, but is it any good to be converted to an ebike? say a 500w or less motor, rear hub? I appreciate any advice. also, any suggestions for what i should be looking for, if this isn't it. thanks!

reading frame reviews... apparently its a very stiff frame. bad for ebike?

1276517290_Cannondale2011claymore_blesk.jpg

This one ?

no... ill post the pic as soon as i get to a real computron. sooo next week some time lol. no hurry on this.
if it helps. the frame is a hardtail, dont know if it has suspension forks off hand.

http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-bikes-mountain-Cannondale-M500-AS-IS-W0QQAdIdZ419843013

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!lUFBfluLJF7BQbzNeU6cw~~48_20.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!lUFBfluLJF7BQbzNeU6cw~~48_20.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,378
Looks to me like a good choice at a great price, unless the thing has been ridden to death.

I love my Cannondale ebike. I do have a Surly fork on mine. 20 year old aluminum frame, still going strong.

thanks for the input! i just hope i can scrounge together the cash. the seller is a local "bike shop" they actually teach people to repair their own bikes. also a registered not for profit. volunteers help rebuild bikes to sell, to support their initiatives.

Back