Aerials : Backflips? 360's?

safe

1 GW
Aerials : Backflips? 360's?

BMX bikes, Mountain bikes, they all can do all kinds of spectacular aerial tricks.

In designing these bikes we need to ask:

:?: What design will be effective as a trick bike?

:?: Who might be the first to do a backflip on an electric bike?

inv9006.jpg

main.php

Note: It's a "safe" bet that SLA will not be part of any trick bike. :lol:

Half Pipes?

I'm sure most of us have ridden half pipes (at least a little) and know how most of the energy is pumped by the rider by exploiting the shape of the pipe itself. There is no "pedaling" in half pipe riding.

You would think that with an electric motor with it's instant power on abilities that you could get a strong extra boost with the way the torque would kick in. You could get some incredible aerials because the electric would be able to give you power without upsetting your rhythm.

I could see it being done, but it's going to take a small (mebbe 1kW) RC motor, and a small amount of LiCo in the middle of the frame. These kinds of bikes simply cannot be heavy if you're going to be stunting on them.

Link said:
I could see it being done, but it's going to take a small (mebbe 1kW) RC motor, and a small amount of LiCo in the middle of the frame. These kinds of bikes simply cannot be heavy if you're going to be stunting on them.

Agreed, the components would need to be a lot stronger too. I've busted controllers by going fast over rough terrain. A lot of times these stunts are practiced into water before trying them on land too.

Exactly why I didn't suggest a hub. You'd have to try and keep the bike's COG in the same spot, else a faceplant is in your future. :?

Back