60MPH 11kW Qulbix Raptor

snellemin

10 kW
Here is what I received today. Shipping to the USA took about a week. 3 weeks wait time before shipment.

I installed a 26 x 2.3 tire on the 46mm rim. I had requested the dropout to support a Cromotor and 5 speed freewheel, thus 165mm dropout spacing. Well it looks like I'll go with a 3 speed or two speed freewheel instead. Too bad a Schlumpf drive can't/won't fit.

I am disappointed in one thing. For the money I have spend on this frame, I expected a non-tweaked chainstay to get too the 165mm dropout.

I have the DNM fork with dual disk brakes for the Raptor. Still deciding on a rim to mount on the hub. I have Zombies brakes as well.

I have the CA V3 and Zombies 18fet controller to go. But I will start off with Lyen 18fet sensorless controller. Batteries will be the same 18s2p Skylipos that I've been using on my other bikes.

Nice!!! Looking forward to your build!!!!

Looks fun to assemble as it will be to ride.

No shit, they actually bent out the rear swingarm to fit 165mm? They should build a wider arm later, and send it to you for nothing, or maybe just the shipping cost. Or did you bend it?

Nice dual disk brake options sounds nice, I might just get my own Torque Raptor next summer, winter is almost here and it way harsher than most places

dogman said:

No shit, they actually bent out the rear swingarm to fit 165mm? They should build a wider arm later, and send it to you for nothing, or maybe just the shipping cost. Or did you bend it?

I didn't bent the swing arm. The dimples are at the exact same spot on the opposite side. Kinda mess up on their part right.

The build looks like it will be fun. This thing has so much more space for batteries compared to my EVG bike. That EVG bike is due for a rebuild, as it's acting up a bit. Lyen send out the 18fet controller yesterday, but I used my old address by accident, so I'll have fun tracking it down.
I wonder how well a sensorless controller can push the Cromotor. I will need to buy a bunch of jst connectors for the two CA V3 that I purchased too.

That swing arm is steel, right?!

How wide is the main frame where your knees cross?

snellemin:

what are you going to use for rear shock? I recommend going with a 10.5"

If you plan to off-road this bike any I would recommend getting the pro-wheel 19" dirt bike rim and dirt bike tire. Really the only way you will be able to use a knobby tire that will last more than 800 miles.

veloman said:

Everything is steel, the body is 160mm wide. It was intended I believe to fit 150mm lipo batteries sideways to really stack them inside the case.

QuestionMan said:
snellemin:

what are you going to use for rear shock? I recommend going with a 10.5"

If you plan to off-road this bike any I would recommend getting the pro-wheel 19" dirt bike rim and dirt bike tire. Really the only way you will be able to use a knobby tire that will last more than 800 miles.

I'm looking at expensive and cheapo rear shocks. I'm thinking going with cheapo ones first so I can get different length shocks to mess with. Once I figured out what I'm looking for, I'll get a Fox shock or similar. 50 Bucks for 10.5" shock is easier to swallow for testing compared to a $300+ shock that I may not like.

I'm sticking with the 26" bike tires. I will be commuting with the bike and don't want the PoPo to bug me. They never had with my fast EVG bike and don't want to give them a reason to do so. I'll also be using this bike on the single track trails around my house and don't want anybody screaming "NO MOTOCROSS" on the trails. But I'm no so sure as the torque bike looks like a monster compared to my GNG kitted Fuji MTB.

snellemin: how long did it take from the point you paid for your frame until it was shipped out?

Here's Zombies 18Fet controller. This is when I want to play with regen at 24s. But for real running on 24S, I will need a bigger controller for the Cromotor.

This is the Hygia E-hydro brakes I got through Zombies. Uses a hall sensor that is screwed on the bottom of the brake handle.

I have a pair of V3 CA's. One for Lyen 18fet sensorless controller and one for Zombies 18Fet.

snellemin said:
dogman said:

I didn't bent the swing arm. The dimples are at the exact same spot on the opposite side. Kinda mess up on their part right.

The build looks like it will be fun. This thing has so much more space for batteries compared to my EVG bike. That EVG bike is due for a rebuild, as it's acting up a bit. Lyen send out the 18fet controller yesterday, but I used my old address by accident, so I'll have fun tracking it down.
I wonder how well a sensorless controller can push the Cromotor. I will need to buy a bunch of jst connectors for the two CA V3 that I purchased too.

Mine came this way too, I also have the 165mm swing arm however, I was not sure about the reason until I put the cranks on and pedals if those dimples where not on the swing arm at least in my set up using an 89mm Bottom bracket and crank it barely clears it if it wasn't for the dimples my pedals would hit the swing arm. In other words if they weren't there I would have had to go to a 100mm BB and 100mm crankset and that would narrow your choices quite a bit. So in my case I am glad they are there. My 2 cents and thoughts. I don't know if its on purpose or from bend but I don't think bending it 5mm in each arm would cause the dimple.

bending / crimping the frame chainstays during production is a pretty common practice to get clearance for tires, cranks, etc..

ecruz said:
snellemin said:
dogman said:

Mine came this way too, I also have the 165mm swing arm however, I was not sure about the reason until I put the cranks on and pedals if those dimples where not on the swing arm at least in my set up using an 89mm Bottom bracket and crank it barely clears it if it wasn't for the dimples my pedals would hit the swing arm. In other words if they weren't there I would have had to go to a 100mm BB and 100mm crankset and that would narrow your choices quite a bit. So in my case I am glad they are there. My 2 cents and thoughts. I don't know if its on purpose or from bend but I don't think bending it 5mm in each arm would cause the dimple.

QuestionMan said:
veloman said:

Everything is steel, the body is 160mm wide. It was intended I believe to fit 150mm lipo batteries sideways to really stack them inside the case.

The only aluminum on the raptor is side battery covers and bottom controller cage.

QuestionMan said:
snellemin: Why won't the schlumpf drive fit on the raptor?

I didn't see them having a 83mm bb fit. I did send Haberstock Mobility GmbH. an email asking if there is one that will work for me. Waiting on an answer.

Good news is that I did finally receive my 18Fet Lyen controller. Bad news is that the mounting holes in the bottom frame don't match up. So some drilling will be required .

QuestionMan said:
Why would you want to use the schlumpf drive over a regular crank set?

You can pedal at 45mph with perfect cadence. You can actually get a workout on a 20mph+ e-bike

mattrb said:
QuestionMan said:
Why would you want to use the schlumpf drive over a regular crank set?

You can pedal at 45mph with perfect cadence. You can actually get a workout on a 20mph+ e-bike
+1

I love being able to pedal with some meaningful force at high speed. First, it's the best "fake pedaling" ever to keep the po-po off your back. Second, when it gets cool out, expending effort keeps you warm. Love the Schlumpf.

I received an email from Torque regarding the indentations. After seeing my picture, they are going to send me a new arm. They mentioned that they worked on some new tooling to to fix this issue. So it's good to know that they stand behind their product and wanting to put a good product out on the market.

snellemin said:
QuestionMan said:
snellemin: Why won't the schlumpf drive fit on the raptor?

I didn't see them having a 83mm bb fit. I did send Haberstock Mobility GmbH. an email asking if there is one that will work for me. Waiting on an answer.

Good news is that I did finally receive my 18Fet Lyen controller. Bad news is that the mounting holes in the bottom frame don't match up. So some drilling will be required .

Well, you could probably fabricate a bracket with a couple of washers to screw into the frame holes. Then screw the controller into that bracket. The washers would be to give some spacing for screwing the lyen controller into it.

I got some more parts today.

Got the 50 dollar 9.5" shock. Looks ok for the price.

Got me some stuff from evworkslab.

Back