Is schwinn corvette cruiser good candidate for an ebike?

arar1971

100 mW
hi,
I am planning to build my rear hub 2809 7x9 to a classic,chopper looking schwinn cruiser. Is schwinn corvette cruiser good candidate for an ebike? or are there any installation problems?
battery is going to be 48v or 52v 10ah.

I'm getting tired of having to type it in, Schwinn corvette cruiser, run a search, then have a clue what the question is.

http://www.schwinnbikes.com/usa/bikes/cruisers/corvette

That's a coaster brake cruiser. I think it's a terrible choice. An ideal choice would be the same type of thing, but with two v brakes, and a seven speed rear shifter. Even if you went one gear, it's going to work better with a 7 speed frame that's 135mm wide in the back.

In the Schwinn line, the panther would be it. Looks like the cheaper lakeshore would work too, just change it cosmetically. If you want it one gear without the shifter, that's easy.

arar1971 said:
I dont know.is it possible to install v brake and gears?
mark5 said:
What will you use for brakes?

E-S member nonlineartom has a very nice Schwinn Panther cruiser.
That would cost more and take more work. Easier to get the Schwinn Panther instead. Earlier you wrote about also having a front hub motor. That would work better on the Schwinn Corvette. Other front hub Schwinn examples at E-S are mst3kpimp's Landmark and Racer_X's Heavy Duti.

My corvette from the 60's doesnt look like that.It looked like a typical schwinn of the 50's & 60's. top of the line then was the Phanthom, like Pee wee Herman. the corvette was a medium weight bike with 1 1/2" tires and mine was a internal 3 speed hub, and hand brakes.
If you want disc or v-brakes, you will need to weld tabs on, as the bike were steel. Lotsa room in triangle.

sorry about my lots of questions but I am new and try to learn.thanks for your reply. if you did'nt write I was almost buying a used corvette at a reasonable price but does not work for me. then I will look for another bike.thanks for your information.
dogman said:
I'm getting tired of having to type it in, Schwinn corvette cruiser, run a search, then have a clue what the question is.

http://www.schwinnbikes.com/usa/bikes/cruisers/corvette

That's a coaster brake cruiser. I think it's a terrible choice. An ideal choice would be the same type of thing, but with two v brakes, and a seven speed rear shifter. Even if you went one gear, it's going to work better with a 7 speed frame that's 135mm wide in the back.

In the Schwinn line, the panther would be it. Looks like the cheaper lakeshore would work too, just change it cosmetically. If you want it one gear without the shifter, that's easy.

thanks.
mark5 said:
arar1971 said:
I dont know.is it possible to install v brake and gears?
mark5 said:
What will you use for brakes?

E-S member nonlineartom has a very nice Schwinn Panther cruiser.
That would cost more and take more work. Easier to get the Schwinn Panther instead. Earlier you wrote about also having a front hub motor. That would work better on the Schwinn Corvette. Other front hub Schwinn examples at E-S are mst3kpimp's Landmark and Racer_X's Heavy Duti.

Back