EPX Terra shark carbon frame

1000w

1 kW
Purchased a Terra Shark frame today, I don't know what I'll do with it, I just had to have it.
It's never been built, came with a carry bag, has a nice Fox shock and was $200.
Not sure where to put batteries on it.
Anyone had experience with these frames?
Other forums seem to say they were ok in their day, it's at least 5 years old I believe.

IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

I'd say pedal it. Or make it into a power assist type dirt ride.

Can't go drilling holes to bolt on a battery anywhere.

But you can put a low speed Mac in the back, metal dropouts there, and something you can bolt a torque arm to, such as the disk mounts. Then a seatpost rack could carry a very small and light battery, for a pedal assist type ride of 5-6 miles.

Only by making it into a very light bike, could you benefit in any way from the light frame.

I agree Matt, make it a good and proper mountain bike, pedals and all :)

Hey Matt, yeah I've got two TerraSharks, bought one as a spare. I've had mine for about 6 or 7 years now and its been fun, i'm running a longer air shock on the rear with a custom swingarm mount and net around 150mm / 6" travel, fork was a 140mm RockShox Pike air, great light weight medium travel combo. It came with an extended shock mount but I chose to make my own instead.

I have to say that I've cracked the swingarm on one of mine but that was my fault as i'd been been doing trials type riding with it...
But apart from that, no dramas at all.

You could build one into a ripper light weight ebike - 10t or 12t mac / 26" rim, 6 or 9fet in an under seat bag and 5 - 6ah 10s /12s lipo in a water bottle.

Now you've got your TIG, i'd suggest making some torque arms that maybe wrap around the swingarm as well as bolting to the dropout to help disperse / distribute the force from the hub.

Checkout the EPX owner's website - http://www.epxbikes.com/Media/tabid/2470/LGaid/656528/Default.aspx
Perth was involved with the bikes, some pre - production happened here :)

Oh and from memory, they were designed in Sydney, won an Australian Design Award and hark back to 2001ish.

View attachment 1

1736_1074941876726_4808_n.jpg

Paul.

Back