Enough juice to make it?

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
NeilP   10 GW

10 GW

Re: Enough juice to make it?

Post by NeilP » Jan 16 2014 5:09pm

hi teklektik. The range spread sheet..any chance you could save me (us) some work and post up the blank sheet...very useful..but to lazy yo make my own up unless I have too .cheeky I know, but no harm in asking :wink:
:) Only Irish coffee provides in a glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat :)

teklektik   10 GW

10 GW

Post by teklektik » Jan 16 2014 6:29pm

NeilP wrote:hi teklektik. The range spread sheet..any chance you could save me (us) some work and post up the blank sheet...very useful..but to lazy yo make my own up unless I have too .cheeky I know, but no harm in asking :wink:
No problem and not cheeky at all.

I want to post it and some other prediction tools in a thread, but am running a bit behind. I actually posted a couple of earlier versions of the range calculator in my build thread over the past couple of years.

The newer version (the screen snaps above) has preset voltage settings for a number of chemistries that you can select with a pulldown menu - but I need to verify them before I post it up - I don't want to send someone down a Bad Path.

So - for now, here's the 'custom' sheet from the newer calculator that lets you enter your own voltages.
You can alter the Wh/mi column designations as well if you wish to change the range of 'What Ifs'.
Works with Excel and Apache Open Office (free).
Hope this helps!
BatteryRangeCalculator-teklektik.zip
(41.25 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by teklektik on Jan 17 2014 10:59am, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Grin Technologies at www.ebikes.ca
Build Thread: 2WD Yuba Mundo V4

NeilP   10 GW

10 GW

Post by NeilP » Jan 16 2014 11:24pm

Neat, thanks

Time 0430 here, on iPhone in bed, between my 1st and 2nd sleeps. Will check out in morning. Thanks.
:) Only Irish coffee provides in a glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat :)