Best video for getting a total noob into ebiking??

The Stig

100 kW
Post links
and embedded youtubes!

What would you show someone who is a total noob to ebiking and maybe bike commuting too? Lets say want to give them the best impression etc, and make them want to buy their first ebike?

I'm thinking videos that are short, flashy, marketing style, epic? simple? informative?

It would have to not mention the price. You gotta get em to ride one before they find out a good battery is $500-$800.

Short and interesting, the "You know this bike is dangerous?" vid.

But more seriously, just point people to Hyena on Y tube. His vids are the best.

Your absolutely right about Luke's video... I found it on his channel http://youtu.be/NCpzXIPXdAQ

This may be a good strategy but I usually recommend people to buy a ready made ebike when I talk about ebikes. I tell them $900...

I can see hyena has a grand collection, and a nice hill climb test but I'm not sure thats the "one" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV-PCvE2fKY

EDIT: Here we go for some hyena contender videos
mark5 said:
For general interest how about one of Hyena Electric Bikes' videos like Sydney tour or Greatest Hits.

Or for a commuter how about one of the ampedbikes' customer videos, here, showing a speeded-up ride and cost meter. Ride begins at 1:40.

[youtube]BnmAFFlL1m0[/youtube]

Thanks for the shout outs dogman and stig.

If I had to introduce a noob to the possibilities of ebiking I'd say my channel trailer gives the best insight into the varied applications / places you can ride and some of the fun you can have.

[youtube]Es-iGOA64k4[/youtube]

Many of the shots are on my stealth fighter fighter which even in stock form aren't cheap bikes but it could easily be a lower powered budget conversion in many of these situations.

This older greatest hits vid I made a few years back is all of a $300 hard tail with a conversion kit

[youtube]5jLm-cYVcyg[/youtube]

Ummm... Alternatively, perhaps there is a vid of some large (fat) person, sitting on their diseasal chair (really a big, comfy couch), sitting (in line, literally) in a ginormous "sport utility vehicle" (watt passes these daze for a "car", see also "automobile", "horseless carriage", etc) in stop-and-go traffic, in a lineup to a fast food takeout drive through, talking on their yell phone (portable telephone) to complain to somebuddy else (off camera, or pan to another large person also sitting in some lineup, huge kids in the back seat/seats), throwing cash (emptying out their wallet) out the window, to *another* lineup (on foot, assisted by walkers, canes, on mobility scooters, etc) of various folks with nametags from car insurance companies, one (or more) car etc manufacturers, car repair/parts outfits, parking lot operators, etc, etc.

If anybuddy here can post up any links some might be very interested.

Thanks!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=11d_1386833425

a couple years ago, there was a video posted on ES by a couple college kids as a class project. The E-bike was the most basic 36V SLA system with a hub, but a custom panel hid the batteries and wires.

The video and music were outstanding, and I regret not saving the link, I was thinking I could find it again, but...so far no luck.

Back