Best video for getting a total noob into ebiking??

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
The Stig
100 kW
100 kW

Best video for getting a total noob into ebiking??

Post by The Stig » Jan 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Post links
and embedded youtubes!

What would you show someone who is a total noob to ebiking and maybe bike commuting too? Lets say want to give them the best impression etc, and make them want to buy their first ebike?

I'm thinking videos that are short, flashy, marketing style, epic? simple? informative?
Last edited by The Stig on Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dogman dan
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Best video to show a noob that would get them into eBike

Post by dogman dan » Jan 06, 2014 4:02 pm

It would have to not mention the price. You gotta get em to ride one before they find out a good battery is $500-$800.

Short and interesting, the "You know this bike is dangerous?" vid.

But more seriously, just point people to Hyena on Y tube. His vids are the best.

The Stig
100 kW
100 kW

Re: Best video to show a noob that would get them into eBike

Post by The Stig » Jan 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Your absolutely right about Luke's video... I found it on his channel http://youtu.be/NCpzXIPXdAQ

This may be a good strategy but I usually recommend people to buy a ready made ebike when I talk about ebikes. I tell them $900...

I can see hyena has a grand collection, and a nice hill climb test but I'm not sure thats the "one" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV-PCvE2fKY

EDIT: Here we go for some hyena contender videos
mark5 wrote:For general interest how about one of Hyena Electric Bikes' videos like Sydney tour or Greatest Hits.

Or for a commuter how about one of the ampedbikes' customer videos, here, showing a speeded-up ride and cost meter. Ride begins at 1:40.

Willow
10 kW
10 kW

Re: Best video for getting a total noob into ebiking??

Post by Willow » Jan 06, 2014 7:32 pm

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Jan 08, 2014 4:36 am

Thanks for the shout outs dogman and stig.

If I had to introduce a noob to the possibilities of ebiking I'd say my channel trailer gives the best insight into the varied applications / places you can ride and some of the fun you can have.

Many of the shots are on my stealth fighter fighter which even in stock form aren't cheap bikes but it could easily be a lower powered budget conversion in many of these situations.

This older greatest hits vid I made a few years back is all of a $300 hard tail with a conversion kit

www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

LockH
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jan 08, 2014 6:48 am

Ummm... Alternatively, perhaps there is a vid of some large (fat) person, sitting on their diseasal chair (really a big, comfy couch), sitting (in line, literally) in a ginormous "sport utility vehicle" (watt passes these daze for a "car", see also "automobile", "horseless carriage", etc) in stop-and-go traffic, in a lineup to a fast food takeout drive through, talking on their yell phone (portable telephone) to complain to somebuddy else (off camera, or pan to another large person also sitting in some lineup, huge kids in the back seat/seats), throwing cash (emptying out their wallet) out the window, to *another* lineup (on foot, assisted by walkers, canes, on mobility scooters, etc) of various folks with nametags from car insurance companies, one (or more) car etc manufacturers, car repair/parts outfits, parking lot operators, etc, etc.

If anybuddy here can post up any links some might be very interested.

Thanks!
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=60564

Melbourne
100 W
100 W

Post by Melbourne » Jan 08, 2014 7:39 am

1. BH Neo Xtrem
2. Cellbike Bafang Crank bbs01 36V350W
3. Cannondale Bad Boy bbs02 750W 48v15Ah
Melb,Aust

spinningmagnets
100 GW
100 GW

Post by spinningmagnets » Jan 08, 2014 8:04 am

a couple years ago, there was a video posted on ES by a couple college kids as a class project. The E-bike was the most basic 36V SLA system with a hub, but a custom panel hid the batteries and wires.

The video and music were outstanding, and I regret not saving the link, I was thinking I could find it again, but...so far no luck.