GT LTS

evolutiongts

10 kW
This is my dreambike, GT LTS, would this be a good ebike?

00X0X_50pNupNq6ib_600x450.jpg

Looks excellent for a commuter. I can't say how well that suspension linkage works on off road. Surely good enough for the less challenging off road stuff.

My guess is that it's intended more for cross country up and down hills riding than for serious DH descents.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50685

They're good.

I'm always trying to buy the frames on ebay when they come up......

Kudos

Would this bike be able to handle 40mph and the abuse of the city?

I like them too

Mine will do around 31mph but i normally ride about 20mph. Triangle frame is great for a 48V 15Ah ping battery. The rear suspension copes well for road use. I have rock shocks on the front. What it would be like at 40mph, i have no idea, i suppose it depends on weight of batteries you intend carrying?

It should be ok for 40 mph, but not if there is a lot of wear causing a lot of side to side slop in the suspension.

Of course, I have said a lot of times how I feel about 40 mph ebikes for street riding in the USA. Your decision, your ticket, your trip to the ER.

Quite a few of these go through ebay.co.uk.
What power are people running with the standard drop-out?
I'm told they're about 12kg. Also that the rear shock fails and is a big issue.
They seem the most likely base for a full suspension bike in the uk. Costs around £350 ($550ish)

dogman said:
It should be ok for 40 mph, but not if there is a lot of wear causing a lot of side to side slop in the suspension.

Of course, I have said a lot of times how I feel about 40 mph ebikes for street riding in the USA. Your decision, your ticket, your trip to the ER.

Your right, even 30mph is plenty fast for me. I may or may not plan on going the 40mph club, but I just want to overbuild the bike just in case.

I think that is an excellent frame for conversion. You don't need an overly complex suspension setup for ebikes since pedaling is very much secondary. The added bonus of this design is HUGE triangle, which should make things much easier to fab and more stable to ride.

I think its a good frame to use to build an ebike, I've used them on a few builds

Gt Lts Ebike4.jpg
Gt Lts Ebike1.jpg
Gt Lts Ebike2.jpg
Gt Lts Ebike3.jpg

I managed to fit 18 x 4s 5000mah hardcase lipos and a 24 fet controller into the 20" Gt Lts 5000 frame

Gt Lts ebike5.jpg

Shock fails, you may be able to replace that. That's normal, for a shock to wear out, or be already worn out on an old bike. Finding one that fits old bikes can be a problem.

Does the suspension linkage fail? That would be a killer to replace. If that linkage is the weak spot, you could have real trouble. Check for visible cracks of course.

Lovely huge triangle space. I'd buy one immediately if I saw one local, at reasonable price.

I didn't realise there was a gt sts and gt rts too.
The rts don't look great, but the carbon sts does http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-GT-STS-2-Full-Suspension-Mountain-Bike-/161206244970?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2588a4166a

edit: OFFS, The add says carbon 17" frame with 27 speeds. Then the edits at the bottom say it is plastic 21" 24 speed. Idiots...

Back