More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

Post by LockH » Jul 05 2018 4:17pm

(They say:)
The Austin Business Journal is the source for local business news, research and events in the Austin area. General Excellence Finalist - American City Business Journal Eagle Awards, repeat Texas Press Association winner.
More than 2,100 dockless bikes, scooters licensed in Austin with addition of Uber's Jump:
https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news ... ensed.html

Starts:
Another dockless transportation option is now on Austin's streets, this time from Uber Technologies Inc.

Uber announced this week the local launch of Jump, a dockless electric bicycle service, the latest way to quickly cover short distances in the urban core. Scooters and bikes have popped up downtown in the past few months as Austin experiences the same wave of interest in the vehicles seen in other cities worldwide.
:mrgreen:
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jul 05 2018 6:01pm

(Wiki:)
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer (popularly known as the Seattle P-I, the Post-Intelligencer, or simply the P-I) is an online newspaper and former print newspaper based in Seattle, Washington, United States.
... and:
Mercer Island is a city in King County, Washington, United States located on an island of the same name in the southern portion of Lake Washington. Mercer Island is in the Seattle Metropolitan Area, with Seattle located to its west and Bellevue located to its east. Population Estimate (2017) 25,261

Congratulations Mercer Island, you're getting dockless bikes too
("Will it help ease the sting of the I-90 loss?"):
https://www.seattlepi.com/local/transpo ... 051623.php

Starts:
Dockless bikeshares have been popular in Seattle. Very popular.

Sure they've been waylaid by pranksters and vandals, but on the whole, the city has welcomed the bikeshares with open arms.

Where Pronto's docked bikeshare service spun out, the glut of dockless options -- LimeBike, Ofo and Spin -- have taken over Seattle; the city reportedly serves 22 percent of the nation's dockless bikeshare bikes, with some 10,000 cycles rolling around town.

And now our suburbs will get a cut of the action.
:mrgreen:

Goes on:
The city of Mercer Island is conducting a three-month pilot program with bikes, bringing the dock-anywhere bikes to the Island starting mid-July. The bikes will all be of the electronic-assisted variety, and though they'll be stocked at key "hubs" they're able to be parked at any legal, public location, just like Seattle bikes.
:)

(Politicians LOVE a "pilot" project...) :lol:

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 05 2018 6:55pm

The Derby Telegraph, formerly the Derby Evening Telegraph, is a daily tabloid-sized newspaper distributed in the Derby area of England. Current average circulation is 20,090 daily (as of 01/10/2015).
... and:
Derby is a city and unitary authority area in Derbyshire, England. It lies on the banks of the River Derwent in the south of Derbyshire, of which it was traditionally the county town. At the 2011 census, the population was 248,700.
Ebike scheme already being abused in Derby - after less than a week
("At least four have been abandoned away from the docking stations or cycle racks"):
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/d ... ce-1752010

Includes a pic:
One of the abandoned ebikes spotted in Derby (Image: Glyn Ivings)

Ah yes... A problem w/dealing with the pubic... offering goods as "public". More a fan of bike, etc RENTALS. :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 05 2018 7:05pm

Engadget is the original home for technology news and reviews. Since our founding in 2004, we've grown from an exhaustive source for consumer tech news to a global multimedia organization covering the intersection of technology, gaming and entertainment. Today, Engadget hosts the archives and expertise of early digital publishing players like Joystiq, TUAW and gdgt, and produces the Internet's most compelling videos, reviews, features and breaking news about the people, products and ideas shaping our world.
VanMoof's Electrified X cured my fear of bike thieves
("Smart security features have given me peace of mind."):
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/05/van ... mart-bike/

Includes:
None of these really appeal to me. I want to ride my bike to the supermarket, or the nearest café, and not have to spend 10 minutes fussing about with a dungeon's worth of chains and U-locks.

Enter VanMoof.
:)

... and:
I've been riding one of its pedal-assisted bikes, the Electrified X, for a week in the south of England. The electric motor has been a wonderful aid for my noodle-thin legs in downtown Portsmouth and the hilly backcountry of the South Downs Way. The real game-changer, though, has been the smart locking system and security features that come baked into every VanMoof bike. While not ironclad (barring a personal security guard, is anything?), it's helped restore my confidence in city-centric cycling and, in the process, allowed me to embrace a healthier, greener lifestyle.
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 06 2018 2:39pm

Hehe... ESB " Search found 0 matches: Muhr"...

Automotive Supplier Mubea Launches E-Bike Drive Train and Frame:
https://www.bike-eu.com/sales-trends/ni ... e-10134072

Starts:
ATTENDORN, Germany – As experts in lightweight automotive products, the German Muhr and Bender KG will present a range of e-bike products at Eurobike. According to project manager Martino Lupo, “this includes an ultra-light CFRP frame and a geared e-bike drivetrain unit.”

At Eurobike Muhr and Bender KG, or Mubea Group, will launch this frame and drivetrain in combination with several other innovations on two ready-to-use e-concept bikes. “Unlike many other manufacturers, we rely on design and production in Europe,” said Martino Lupo. “Why? Because the potential of lightweight production of carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) can only be achieved with a close coordination between engineering and manufacturing process. Therefore the high-quality lightweight CFRP frame was developed and made by Mubea Carbo Tech in Salzburg. The drivetrain manufactured at the company headquarters in Attendorn.”
... w/a pic:

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 09 2018 2:18pm

Sachs Celebrates Rebirth at Eurobike as Brand for E-Bike Parts:
https://www.bike-eu.com/shows-events/ni ... s-10134157

Starts:
FRIEDRICHSHAFEN, Germany – An iconic brandname is celebrating its rebirth at this year’s Eurobike. It’s Sachs. In Hall A1, on stand 401, the brandname is proudly presented on an e-bike mid-motor which will be produced by ZF. This company is one of the largest automotive parts makers in the world.
And, ANOTHER "automotive" manufacturer trying to jump aboard the ebike steamroller! HOPEFULLY not like the Ford Stink electric bike. :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 09 2018 2:22pm

Haibike To Set New Standards in Hi-End with Next Generation e-Performance Bikes:
https://www.bike-eu.com/shows-events/ni ... s-10134155

Starts:
Haibike’s next generation of e-Performance bikes is named Flyon. This name stands for e-bikes and e-MTBs that “Set new standards in high-end” and is Haibike’s “1st e-Performance complete system.” Under that system comes the 120 Nm motor, a 630Wh ‘Intube’ battery, an all-new carbon frames as well as an “innovative operating concept and more connectivity.” Haibike’s information on Flyon e-Performance bikes does not state when these bikes will make their market entry.

8)

wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW

Post by wineboyrider » Jul 10 2018 9:30am

LockH wrote:
Jul 09 2018 2:18pm

Sachs Celebrates Rebirth at Eurobike as Brand for E-Bike Parts:
https://www.bike-eu.com/shows-events/ni ... s-10134157

Starts:
FRIEDRICHSHAFEN, Germany – An iconic brandname is celebrating its rebirth at this year’s Eurobike. It’s Sachs. In Hall A1, on stand 401, the brandname is proudly presented on an e-bike mid-motor which will be produced by ZF. This company is one of the largest automotive parts makers in the world.
And, ANOTHER "automotive" manufacturer trying to jump aboard the ebike steamroller! HOPEFULLY not like the Ford Stink electric bike. :mrgreen:
When I was stationed in Germany there were a lot of two stroke small assist kits on bicycles. Glad to see the name reborn as the kits were very reliable.
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.

Bigwheel   10 W

10 W

Post by Bigwheel » Jul 10 2018 10:25am

LockH wrote:
Jul 06 2018 2:39pm
Hehe... ESB " Search found 0 matches: Muhr"...

Automotive Supplier Mubea Launches E-Bike Drive Train and Frame:
https://www.bike-eu.com/sales-trends/ni ... e-10134072

Starts:
ATTENDORN, Germany – As experts in lightweight automotive products, the German Muhr and Bender KG will present a range of e-bike products at Eurobike. According to project manager Martino Lupo, “this includes an ultra-light CFRP frame and a geared e-bike drivetrain unit.”

At Eurobike Muhr and Bender KG, or Mubea Group, will launch this frame and drivetrain in combination with several other innovations on two ready-to-use e-concept bikes. “Unlike many other manufacturers, we rely on design and production in Europe,” said Martino Lupo. “Why? Because the potential of lightweight production of carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) can only be achieved with a close coordination between engineering and manufacturing process. Therefore the high-quality lightweight CFRP frame was developed and made by Mubea Carbo Tech in Salzburg. The drivetrain manufactured at the company headquarters in Attendorn.”
... w/a pic:

8)
€€€€€€€K

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 10 2018 10:30am

^^ Yah, maybe... but I trust Sachs re motorized bikes... versus an "automotive" company (see eg Ford Stink electric bike). :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 10 2018 10:38am

Hehe... New phrase for the `Sphere...
Search found 0 matches: procedural absurdity

Electric bike importer collective files lawsuit against EU alleging “procedural absurdity”:
https://cyclingindustry.news/electric-b ... absurdity/

Starts:
The Light Electric Vehicle Association of Europe, on behalf of the Collective of European Importers of Electric Bicycles, has today filed a lawsuit against the European Union, alleging a string of procedural “absurdities” that fail to allow Far Eastern business to defend themselves against a anti-dumping case brought by the European Bicycle Manufacturer’s Association.

Speaking at Eurobike, Annick Roetynck, LEVA-EU Manager, said: “The situation for importers is intolerable. Some importers have shipments waiting at sea. If they cannot be unloaded and sold, the importers lose their investments. If the Commission decides to collect duties retroactively, importers may lose their entire business. This is already punishment before a verdict was reached. The chaos and uncertainty created by this baseless procedure pose an existential threat to small businesses and the growing e-bike market in Europe.”
:evil:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 10 2018 10:50am

The Albuquerque Journal is the largest newspaper in the U.S. state of New Mexico.
... and:
New Mexico, is a state in the Southwestern Region of the United States of America. With a population of approximately two million, New Mexico is the 36th most populous state. With a total area of 121,590 sq mi (314,900 km2), it is the fifth-largest and fifth least densely populated of the fifty states. It is one of the Mountain States and shares the Four Corners region with Utah, Colorado, and Arizona. Its capital and cultural center is Santa Fe, while its largest city is Albuquerque.
New electric bike shop opens in Santa Fe:
https://www.abqjournal.com/1193225/new- ... ta-fe.html

Starts:
SANTA FE, N.M. — A new electric bike store in Santa Fe aims to offer a “comfortable, easy-to-maneuver” way to get around.

The shop’s owners, Texas natives Dan and Becky Armstrong, and their friend Jim Hilderbrandt, have owned Santa Fe RV together for the past three years.

According to Dan Armstrong, who’s retired from working as an independent contractor in the oil and gas industry, the trio viewed electric bikes as an “RV accessory,” a lightweight, easy transportation option for local traveling that can be packed up for a trip.
Includes:
They entered into a sales deal with California-based Pedego, one of the country’s major electric bike dealers with more than five billion stores nationwide. The bikes combine electric power with an option to pedal manually.

Santa Fe Pedego, which opened about two weeks ago and is the only Pedego store in New Mexico, will have its grand opening July 14.
:shock:

wineboyrider   100 MW

100 MW

Post by wineboyrider » Jul 12 2018 8:23am

Haven't been to Santa Fe in a while.
ES IS SAVED! THANK YOU JUSTIN.

Hwy89   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Hwy89 » Jul 12 2018 10:27am

So LockH, I'm just curious. How does 130 stores become 5 billion ?

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 10:39am

^^ Hehe... Obviously haven't been counting... Great fun visiting new ebike stores :) and asking staff "awkward" techie questions... :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 10:47am

E-Mobility Transformation of Eurobike: :D
https://www.bike-eu.com/shows-events/ni ... e-10134169

Starts:
FRIEDRICHSHAFEN, Germany – While the bicycle market is in a positive mood thanks to growing demand for e-bikes in Europe and Germany in particular, the biggest bicycle show on earth did not manage to keep up the number of visitors. The reason for the decline in the number of Eurobike visitors from 42,590 om 2017 to 37,379 this year is two-fold: the new registration policy for IBDs in order to improve visitors’ quality as well as the changed show dates.
Ends:
The Eurobike transformation to urban mobility and e-mobility in particular was apparent most of all in the Rothaus Hall, Hall A1. Here Messe Friedrichshafen introduced the motto ‘E-Mobility Solutions’. From drive systems and battery technologies to new solutions in connectivity and digitalization, and on to cargo bikes. They gathered all presentations of modern mobility in one hall and with that gave an inside into the future of Eurobike.

In the past years Eurobike was already one of the best locations for companies to present their e-bike market enty and this was also the case at the 27th edition of the event. One of them was ZF, headquartered in Friedrichshafen, ZF was positive about their first Eurobike: “We have received a lot of positive feedback from OE customers and dealers on our product line,” said a company spokesman. “The topic of system integration was particularly interesting for partners who develop vehicles beyond the bicycle for professional use. Many people were happy seeing the brand Sachs the return to the bicycle industry.”
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 11:01am

Hehe... ESB "Search found 0 matches: WFSGI". Watt? Zero mention re the WFSGI??? Try the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry. :) They say:
the world authoritative body for the sports industry officially recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the industry representative within the Olympic Family.
The WFSGI is an independent association with no objective of economic character for its own gain and formed by sports and sports-inspired leisure brands, manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, national/regional federations, industry and trade associations and all sporting goods industry related businesses.
The WFSGI is composed of Executive and Board members, 8 core Committees and additional working groups which exchange information on various issues and topics. WFSGI Members meet at least once per year in an Ordinary General Assembly called the “Annual Meeting”. The General Assembly approves the budget and strategic direction of the WFSGI as proposed by the Board, and elects the Board, President and Committee members for three year terms.
https://www.wfsgi.org/about-wfsgi

WFSGI forms electric bike committee as UCI backs racing:
https://cyclingindustry.news/wfsgi-form ... ks-racing/

Starts:
Following the recent announcement by the Union Cycliste Internationale that they will sanction E-Bike racing in the near future, the WFSGI has announced that it will form a committee to work in this area.

Already in the UCI consulting period, WFSGI has formed an ad-hoc E-Bike group advising the UCI on the various possibilities from an industry perspective. Collaborative work between the UCI and the WFSGI has been long-standing on pedal powered machines.

The new WFSGI E-Bike committee will be launched at Eurobike and will focus on developing the equipment regulations framework in close collaboration with the UCI.
"focus on developing the equipment regulations framework"...

:roll:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 11:20am

The Herald & Review is a news organization based in Decatur, Illinois. It is owned by Lee Enterprises.

In 2018, the Herald & Review was recognized by Editor & Publisher for digital growth and other initiatives. It also received top honors in the investigative reporting and public service categories in the Illinois Associated Press Media Editors 2017 newspaper contest.

The Herald & Review in August 2017 was one of 10 newsrooms chosen from across the country to receive a grant for watchdog training through Investigative Reporters and Editors Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening investigative journalism.
... and:
Decatur is the largest city and the county seat of Macon County in the U.S. state of Illinois. The city was founded in 1829 and is situated along the Sangamon River and Lake Decatur in Central Illinois. In 2017, the city's estimated population was 72,124.
Vroom with a view: Riding the straight and narrow on motorized bikes in Illinois:
https://herald-review.com/news/local/vr ... 10956.html

Starts:
DECATUR — The trick to riding motorized bicycles is staying on the straight and narrow.

There are the roads themselves, of course, full of treacherous potholes waiting to tip the unwary into the nearest ditch. And those battered highways are also prowled by drivers of cars, trucks and SUVs not always gifted with the ability to notice other road users, especially ones on bicycles that can keep up as they pull away from the lights.

And just how long a motorized bicycle can keep up with traffic is a major legal sticking point, too: Motorized bikes that can go too fast accelerate themselves into a new vehicle category, and a whole bunch of legal requirements.
Includes:
Knowing the law

Illinois is one of nearly 30 states with laws defining motorized or electric bicycles, which are also becoming popular and generally subject to the same speed restrictions.
Apparently, in Decatur, ebikes aren't "motorized"? :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 11:59am

My Modern Met was formed in May, 2008 to create one big city that celebrates creativity. Our mission is to promote a positive culture by spotlighting the best sides of humanity—from the lighthearted and fun to the thought-provoking and enlightening. Today, we receive an average of 3 million visitors coming to our site each month, looking for articles on ebikes, art, design, photography, architecture, technology, environmental issues, and more.
Stylish and Affordable Electric Bike Designed for Effortless Daily Commutes:
https://mymodernmet.com/am1-electric-bi ... og-motion/

Starts:
For those of you who aren’t sure what an electric bike is—they’re essentially ordinary bicycles with a battery-powered motor. They’re designed to give you an extra boost when you push the pedals, making them perfect for hilly terrains or during long-distance cycles. While most e-bikes are chunky, heavy, and likely to cost you a small fortune, the new AM1 electric bike by Analog Motion is designed to be sleek, ultra-light, and affordable.
... and ANOTHER WIN for the AM1 bike. :)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 12:12pm

The Sedona Red Rock News is a newspaper published in Sedona, Arizona. It is Sedona's only general interest print newspaper.
... and:
Sedona is a city that straddles the county line between Coconino and Yavapai counties in the northern Verde Valley region of the U.S. state of Arizona. As of the 2010 census, its population was 10,031.
E-bikes: Good for road, not land:
http://www.redrocknews.com/sports/82825 ... d-not-land

Starts:
Visit any major city across the world, and chances are people can be seen riding identical bicycles, many which have a sort of electric-powered motor, as part of a bike share program.

Sedona is not a major city and has no such program, nor many electric bicycle users. But e-bikes do have a practical use around town, and there is speculation that their market could grow.
Includes:
Riding e-bikes on the red rock trail system is not allowed. In May 2015, the Bureau of Land Management officially categorized them as motor vehicles, rendering them legal only on official U.S. Forest Service roads, trails and land designated for motor vehicle use. There are logical reasons on both sides of the fence in regard to their theoretical use on the trails.
:roll: ... and ANOTHER WIN... for fears and ignorance. :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 12:22pm

WEMU (89.1 WEMU) is the public broadcasting service of Eastern Michigan University.

A National Public Radio (NPR) affiliate whose primary market is Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti) and the surrounding area, WEMU carries the standard NPR news magazines All Things Considered and Morning Edition.
... and:
Ann Arbor is a city in the U.S. state of Michigan and the county seat of Washtenaw County. The 2010 census recorded its population to be 113,934, making it the sixth largest city in Michigan.

Ann Arbor is home to the University of Michigan. The university shapes Ann Arbor's economy significantly as it employs about 30,000 workers, including about 12,000 in the medical center. The city's economy is also centered on high technology stuff like ebikes, with several companies drawn to the area by the university's research and development infrastructure, and by its graduates.
Fire Damages Ann Arbor Electric Bicycle Manufacturing Facility:
http://wemu.org/post/fire-damages-ann-a ... g-facility

Starts:
No one was hurt by a fire that damaged an electrical bicycle manufacturing facility Friday in Ann Arbor.

Fire began outside Mahindra Genze at 1901 Ellsworth just after ten o’clock Friday morning. The fire began in several bales of cardboard outside the building but traveled inside after spreading to a nearby dumpster and trailer.
"fire began in several bales of cardboard outside the building"... Having fun kids? :evil:

wturber   100 kW

100 kW

Post by wturber » Jul 12 2018 12:29pm

LockH wrote:
Jul 12 2018 12:12pm
The Sedona Red Rock News is a newspaper published in Sedona, Arizona. It is Sedona's only general interest print newspaper.
Ah Sedona. Reminds me of a hardbat table tennis friend of mine who lives there, Tim Wright. Here's a short video about him. It isn't exactly e-bike stuff, but it relates.

"Commuter - DC Booster"
Iron Horse 3.0 hardtail - 48V / 1000W / 470rpm generic Chinese DD Hub motor (ebay)
8 x 36v 4.3ah 10s 2P battery packs - 1500W 30A DC Boost Converter delivers 54v and about 1000 watts peak
53T/42T Sakae Road cranks - 30mph+ on flats
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90369

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 12 2018 12:34pm

^^ Sadly, plenty of examples that a drivers license is NOT an intelligence test. (American Ben Franklin:)

The New Paper is a newspaper in tabloid form. It was originally published as a "noon paper", but since 2016 has been published daily as a freesheet in the morning from 7 a.m. onwards.

First launched on July 26, 1988, by Singapore Press Holdings (SPH), it had an average daily circulation of 101,600 in August 2010, according to SPH.
Little India house fire likely caused by electric bicycle:
https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/littl ... ic-bicycle

Starts:
A Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) spokesman said preliminary investigations found that the cause of the fire at 82 Sing Avenue had originated from the bicycle, which is believed to have been outside the house at the time.

The fire was reported to the SCDF just before 9pm on Friday and it took firefighters about an hour to bring the blaze under control, and another 45 minutes to extinguish it.
... w/a pic:

Includes:
It was previously reported that there were 16 cases of fires involving such bicycles and personal mobility devices from January to April this year.

It was also reported that there were 40 cases of fires involving electric scooters last year, up from nine in 2016.
:roll:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 14 2018 7:02am

Campaigners slam government for ignoring e-bikes in Road to Zero emissions strategy: :twisted:
http://road.cc/content/news/244810-camp ... s-strategy

Starts:
Not providing subsidies to buy electric bikes described as a “missed opportunity” in plan aimed at eliminating vehicle emissions
... and:
The government’s Road to Zero strategy, published today (link is external: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... o-zero.pdf)and which seeks to lay the groundwork for eliminating almost all road traffic emissions by 2050, has been criticised by cycling campaigners for failing to acknowledge the role electric bicycles can play in helping achieve that target.

The strategy foresees continuing existing grants to purchasers of electric cars, vans, taxis and motorcycles at leased until 2020, but Sustrans says there has been a “missed opportunity” to also provide subsidies to people buying e-bikes, as happens in a number of other European countries.

The strategy does say that the government will consider offering incentives for e-cargo bikes, but the charity Cycling UK said that it was “extraordinary” that no mention was made of e-bikes generally, an omission also highlighted by the Bicycle Association.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jul 14 2018 7:10am

HAHA...

Study: Cycling daily reduces obesity - unless it's an e-bike: :lol:
http://road.cc/content/news/244732-stud ... its-e-bike

Starts:
Research in seven European cities found cycling is healthiest way to travel, but e-bike riders' BMI was second only that of motorists...
Good thing they didn't test north americans... :)