More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 12:47am

(Wiki:)
Yeshiva World News (YWN) is an Orthodox Jewish online news publication. It also has multiple services catering to Jews all over the world.

Yeshiva World News started as a news aggregation blog. It has since grown to an independent news source with freelance reporters and photographers, in addition to continuing as a news aggregator. It is known for providing news of interest to the Orthodox Jewish community. Its web page header says "Frum Jewish News" (frum is the Yiddish term for a religiously observant Jew). Headquarters Brooklyn, New York (state), United States...
60-Year-Old Seriously Injured By Electric Bicycle In Betar Illit:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/is ... illit.html
Another accident involving an electric bicycle, this time, resulting in a 60-year-old man sustaining serious injuries on Wednesday afternoon, 22 Sivan.

The accident occurred on Elazar Hamodai Street in the A area of Betar. The bicycle struck the pedestrian, who according to medical personnel, is in Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in serious condition.

As a result of the growing number of accident in Israel involving electric bicycles, new laws were implemented including:
One must be at least 16-years-old to operate an electric bicycle
One must wear a helmet
One may not use a cellphone without a hands-free device
One must ride only in the street and abide by traffic law

Police are cracking down on violators, who are issued stiff summonses. One of the locations police are focusing on is Yaffo Street between King George Street and the shuk, where police wait for bicycle riders who disobey the law, and issue summonses.
Meanwhile... In unrelated newz... Cellphones were number one cause of Israeli car accidents in 2017...
Police said 362 people were killed on Israeli roads throughout the year. The number of yearly fatalities has hovered between 300 and 400 in recent years.
:roll:
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 1:18am

(They say:)
Jalopnik is a news and opinion website about ebikes (and cars, the automotive industry, racing, transportation, airplanes, technology, motorcycles and much more. We aim to cover these things with an honesty, transparency and cheerful belligerence that can’t be found anywhere else.

From vintage superbikes to modern jet fighters, we are obsessed with the cult of ebikes (and cars and everything that moves you.)
Yeah I'm All About Electric Scooter Sharing Now:
https://jalopnik.com/yeah-im-all-about- ... 1826620018

Starts:
Electric scooter sharing is bad business and a public nuisance. Venture capital funded companies like Bird that have dumped miniature EVs in cities are already getting chased out of San Francisco and Austin. But if you don’t care about any of that, the things are really fun and cheap to ride.

Our weekend contributor Bradley Brownell tested some Birds in SF in April and hated it. But I’ve just had my own Bird experience here in LA, and I have to admit, I really enjoyed myself and will be sad if the silly little scooters get stripped from our streets.
Ends:
So I’m cool with the Birds nesting near my apartment, but I’m not about to count on this as the mobility solution of the future because I can’t imagine how this company is making money. Oh well, let’s enjoy them while they’re here and get the hell out of my way if you hear the bell, baby!
:roll: Ring yer bell? HUGE FAIL... :evil:

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 1:26am

he Beijinger is a free monthly listings and entertainment website and magazine produced by True Run Media in Beijing, China. It was launched in October 2001 as that's Beijing and began as a print magazine...
Beijing E-Bikes Will Require a License to Drive; Limited to Speeds Under 15km/h:
http://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2018/0 ... nder-15kmh

Starts:
For the first time ever, you will need a license to drive an electric bicycle in Beijing as the city implements harsh new regulations on the city's cheapest and quickest mode of single-person transportation.

In the wake of last month's new electric bicycle law, the National People's Congress of Beijing will double down on national standards by introducing a local licensing system of their own. Under the new Beijing law, all electric bicycle riders must obtain a driver's license while e-bikes must be registered and be given its own license plate.
:cry:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 1:34am

[Press Release]

La Jolla's Top Luxury Resort Rolls Out Exciting New Experiential Packages
("The AAA Five Diamond The Lodge at Torrey Pines introduces new experiential packages that allow guests to explore Southern California through outdoor adventures, winery tours, and close-up animal encounters."):
https://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/06/ ... 536039.htm

Starts:
This summer, the AAA Five Diamond The Lodge at Torrey Pines is unveiling several new experiential packages that allow visitors the unique opportunity to discover the destination’s off-the-beaten path attractions and activities. The Lodge invites guests to explore as a local would by booking a getaway perfectly tailored to their interests. The new room packages include:
Includes:
Will Pedal for Views
Explore La Jolla with ease with The Lodge’s Electric Bicycle Adventure. Enjoy the freedom of an electric bike and enjoy the beauty of the area from La Jolla Cove to the hilltop of Mt. Soledad, which provides 360-degree views of downtown San Diego, the La Jolla Cove and the greater area. This package includes a day rental for two bikes, two helmets and a bike lock.
:mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 7:35am

The Ashland Daily Tidings is a morning newspaper serving the city of Ashland, Oregon, United States.

The Daily Tidings is distributed Monday through Saturday mornings... It is one of Oregon's smallest-circulation dailies, along with the Baker City Herald in the state's northeast region. In 2006 the Daily Tidings was awarded the "General Excellence" prize by the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association.
... and:
The Rogue Valley is a valley region in southwestern Oregon in the United States. Located along the middle Rogue River and its tributaries in Josephine and Jackson counties, the valley forms the cultural and economic heart of Southern Oregon near the California border. The largest communities in the Rogue Valley are Medford, Ashland and Grants Pass.
WasteNot champion: Rogue Bike Share:
http://dailytidings.com/lifestyle/waste ... bike-share

Starts:
For the last nine months Ashland has been enjoying a spiffy bike rental program for our community that has been sponsored through a partnership with the Rogue Valley Council of Governments (RVCOG) as the primary driver, along with the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) and the Rogue Valley Transportation District (RVTD).

Rogue Bike Share is here thanks to this public funding, grants, the city of Ashland and Southern Oregon University. Ideally, says Andreas Napoli, RVCOG’s transportation planner. Rogue Bike Share hopes to eventually sustain itself on more private dollars. An earlier bike program started by the United Way helped pave the path for RVCOG which has (literally) taken the initial offer further down the road. Rogue Bike Share currently has six locations in Ashland and one in Medford.
Includes:
One thing that could make Rogue Bike Program easier for some in our community is if the bike came with someone else to do the pedaling. I hope technology doesn’t create self-driving bicycles. Cars are worrisome enough with (and without) drivers! And besides, we can benefit from a little exercise. An option available in some other communities is an electric assist bicycle. In hilly places (like parts of Ashland), the electric push up a slope can make all the difference. As Rogue Bike Share grows, maybe this feature on some bikes could included.
:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 8:03am

WBNG-TV, virtual channel 12 (VHF digital channel 7), is a CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Binghamton, New York, United States and serving the Eastern Twin Tiers of Southern Upstate New York and Northern Pennsylvania.
Advocates push New York legislature to legalize e-bikes:
http://www.wbng.com/story/38368116/advo ... ze-e-bikes

Starts:
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - State legislators are again being urged to legalize pedal-assist electric bicycles before the current session ends.

A coalition supporting the expansion of electric bicycle use in New York held a product demonstration on Wednesday at Empire State Plaza in Albany, and dozens of people, including some lawmakers, took the bikes for a spin.

Each state has its own rules on the bikes, and in upstate New York they're still not classified. That makes them illegal to ride on public roads.

Senator Martin Malavé Dilan is a ranking member of the Senate Transportation Committee and co-sponsor of a bill to make Class 1 e-bikes legal. Dilan says the state is missing the benefits of something that's widely embraced and has impacted communities worldwide. He calls legalizing the bikes a "no-brainer."
Hehe... Watt ES Newz has been whining about for years and years...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29292

:lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 8:15am

Lawyer Monthly is a news website and monthly legal publication with content that is entirely defined by the significant legal news from around the world.

Our editorial focus tracks legal news from across key practices areas, jurisdictions and sectors. We are one of the very few publications that can boast editorial scope in the both the established and emerging markets.
How Can Legal Reform Encourage Cycling?:
https://www.lawyer-monthly.com/2018/06/ ... e-cycling/

Starts:
We all know that cycling is a great form of exercise, benefitting both mind and body. Various studies have shown that cycling to work or school substantially improves fitness and helps to maintain a healthy weight. Taking a bicycle instead of a car is also a Green option. However, according the British Social Attitudes Survey released in August 2017, 59% of respondents agreed with the statement, ‘It is too dangerous for me to cycle on the roads’. So how can legal reform help get us out and about on our bikes? Here are some ideas from the experts at Osbornes Law.
Includes:
Expand the Cycle to Work Scheme

Changes to the law could improve access to bicycles. The Cycle to Work Scheme is already a valuable, tax exemption benefit for employees. Legislative changes could permit the expansion of the scheme to cover electric bicycles, currently not covered due to the £1,000 limit. Electric bikes would make cycling available to those who currently do not ride, including those who are in poorer health, are older and who live in hilly areas.
Watt? THOUGHT the UK Cycle to Work Scheme DID already include electrics? Must check...

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 9:48am

Wired is a monthly American magazine, published in print and online editions, that focuses on how emerging technologies affect culture, the economy, and politics. Owned by Condé Nast, it is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has been in publication since March/April 1993. Several spin-offs have been launched, including Wired UK, Wired Italia, Wired Japan, and Wired Germany.
Review: Yuba Electric Boda Boda
("This nimble, compact electric cargo bike is your complete car replacement."):
https://www.wired.com/review/review-yub ... boda-boda/

Starts:
Coincidentally, the day that I brought home the electric Yuba Boda Boda bike was the day that the city of Portland decided to start a major construction project on the thoroughfare that goes by my house.

For a week, car commuters have been wandering around in a daze, finding their way through a maze of detours. “It’s like they’re a bunch of ants and their home has been destroyed,” our babysitter mused. I’ve bypassed all the confusion by e-biking to the construction site and walking my daughter and myself through the crosswalk.

Contrary to what my colleagues think (I love you guys!), I don’t believe that the bike revolution will happen when infrastructure improves. You see, I live in Portland, one of the most famously bike-friendly cities in the country. I’m (relatively) young, I don’t have a disability, and almost all of my destinations are less than a mile from my house, reachable through quiet residential roads.

Even armed with the best intentions, ideal circumstances, and gear, there are still some days when it’s just faster to pop my screaming toddler into a carseat than to get on my bike and do a SoulCycle-esque uphill sprint to her daycare. I don’t think people will take to biking en masse until it’s faster and easier to bike than it is to drive a car.

For the first time since I’ve become a mom, the electric Yuba Boda Boda has made that possible. It’s faster and easier to wheel the Boda Boda out of my garage, strap my toddler on the back, and e-bike, than it is to get in my car.

GO Yuba! :)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 10:13am

50 Cycles boss: 20mph UK e-Bike law needed “if we’re taking pollution and health seriously”:
https://cyclingindustry.news/50-cycles- ... seriously/

Starts:
The boss of electric bike shop and distributor 50 Cycles has today made a public call for the Government to consider a law change on the power output of pedal-assisted bikes.

Scott Snaith, the business’ owner tells CI.N: “If we want to take pollution and the health of the nation seriously then we should be encouraging people to get on two wheels. E-bikes are attractive in this respect because they’re easy to hop aboard without having to worry about your fitness levels.

“But it’s my view that current legislation is unhelpful when it comes to both rider safety and in people catching the cycling bug in the first place. A speed of 15.5mph (25kmh) is just a tad too slow when it comes to being safe going through traffic.”

For this reason, Snaith is calling on the Government to give consideration to legislation that would bring electric bikes more in line with generally permitted 20mph limits in the United States (though exact rules can vary state to state).
Hehe... The Canadian government did lots of testing of electric bikes before they concluded that a 500 watt (continuous, not peak) would be "OK"... and a max. speed of 32kmh... about equivalent to the 20mph max in the USA... Watts why today Canadians get around on pony-powered bikes... and seem OK w/the 20mph max speeds.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 10:20am

Gates to debut e-Bike components to meet latest mid-drive motor designs:
https://cyclingindustry.news/gates-to-d ... r-designs/

Starts:
Gates will take to Eurobike to launch a suite of new products, including a direct-mount crankset and e-Bike components for recently released Bosch and Shimano mid-drive motors.

Discussing a recent period of expansion and one during which it surpassed 1.5 million belts sold in the bike market, Gates has also created several new positions within its bicycle division to meet growing customer demand in two of Carbon Drive’s most important market segments: electric mobility and share/fleet bikes.

“While the bicycle industry as a whole is experiencing soft growth, we continue to grow our product line to meet the needs of consumers and manufacturers in all of our main bicycle market segments: electric bikes, share bikes, pedal bikes and stationary fitness bikes,” says Todd Sellden, Global Director of Gates Carbon Drive. “In light of this fact, we have strategically realigned our business development strategy to more effectively target and serve each of these industry segments.”
Hehe... "Stationary" bikes. :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 10:48am

The Nasdaq Stock Market is an American stock exchange. It is the second-largest exchange in the world by market capitalization, behind only the New York Stock Exchange located in the same city.
Uber may find four wheels just as bad as two:
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/uber-may ... 0607-00729

Starts:
WASHINGTON, June 7 (Reuters Breakingviews) - Uber is signing up for a risky ride. Like rivals including Lyft and China's Didi Chuxing, the ride-hailing app is expanding into two-wheeled transit, buying an electric bike-sharing company called Jump and expanding its global footprint. Investors might cringe as Chief Executive Dara Khosrowshahi enters a bleeding-edge industry where he has no first-mover advantage. But the old model isn't working either.

This spanking-new sector is not yet profitable; like taxi hailing, market entry has been rapid, price wars vicious, and regulation unpredictable. Jump currently has a fleet of only 1,000 bicycles, according to Uber. It's going to need millions to win global market share, tying a studiously asset-light company into bike manufacturing, not to mention employing repairmen. Uber will also need to improve relations with city governments, who don't want sidewalks swamped with idle cycles. Uber is starting way behind cash-flush Chinese rivals like Mobike and Ofo, both of which already have millions of bikes deployed and are busily wheedling city halls from London to Singapore.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 2:24pm

Pedego announces six new stores in Canada, bringing worldwide store count to 132:
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/retail-n ... xmC6mMh21g

Really??? I thought they had a million. Anyway...

Starts:
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. (BRAIN) — Pedego Electric Bikes has opened six new stores across Canada, bringing the total number of Canadian Pedego stores to eight and the total worldwide to 132.

The new Canadian stores are located in Calgary, Kawartha Lakes, Vancouver, Prince Edward County, Hamilton and Oyama. They join previously opened Canadian stores in Qualicum Beach and Victoria, both of which opened in 2014.
Oyama-who? (Had to look that up... They (the city) says:)
Lake Country is a District Municipality with a population of approximately 10,000 in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada. The city of Kelowna lies to the south, while the city of Vernon lies to the north. As its name suggests, there are a number of lakes in the vicinity of Lake Country, and outside the municipal boundaries in the hills to the east. Okanagan Lake acts as the western boundary of the municipality, while the entirety of Wood Lake and the southern-most portion of Kalamalka Lake are encompassed by it.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 4:42pm

Hundreds Of New Laws Take Effect In Washington Today
("From a ban on "lunch shaming" to creating a "Cesar Chavez Day", here's a look at some of the new Washington laws."):
https://patch.com/washington/across-wa/ ... gton-today

Includes:
ESSB 6434 - Electric-assisted bicycles
"Electric-assisted bicycles are exempt from vehicle registration and licensing requirements. No driver's license is required to operate an electric bike in Washington, if the driver is at least 16 years of age. Provisions relating to bicycle helmets apply to riders of electric-assisted bicycles. Electric-assisted bicycles have the same access to trails, paths and public roads that regular bikes have, unless restricted by local ordinance. However, electric assisted bicycles may not be operated on a fully controlled limited access highway or a sidewalk."
http://apps2.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bil ... &Year=2018

:D

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 6:06pm

The Wisconsin Gazette is Milwaukee’s most honored alternative publication.
Museum of Wisconsin Art's Trek exhibit includes workshops and activities:
http://www.wisconsingazette.com/enterta ... 7743d.html

Starts:
Graeme Reid would consider himself a casual cyclist, but his commitment to life on two wheels says otherwise.

“Last year was a little light,” says the Scottish-born Reid, director of collections and exhibitions for the Museum of Wisconsin Art in West Bend. “I just scraped 5,000 miles last year. Normally, I do about 6,300 miles.

“But I’m up to 1,200 already this year,” he adds optimistically.
Goes on:
Reid is combining his exercise passion with his professional one by mounting Joy Ride: Designing Trek, an exhibit about the Waterloo bicycle manufacturer. It’s the latest in a series of Wisconsin success stories on which MOWA has begun to focus.

“Last year we did Florence Eiseman, the Milwaukee designer who began producing women’s and children’s clothing after World War II and became a nationally known name,” Reid says. “This year we’re doing Trek, another great Wisconsin company that has gained international status.
Includes:
Trek started in 1975 as a Madison bicycle dealership before the founders realized their greatest competitive advantage lay in manufacturing bicycles at the mid-range or higher price point. The company moved to Waterloo, roughly equidistant between Madison and Milwaukee, and began manufacturing in an old barn that formerly had served as a carpet warehouse.

Trek also has moved into electric-powered bikes, which it sees as a boon for the crowded European and Asian urban markets, where space to drive is at a premium.
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 07 2018 6:28pm

Scoop.co.nz is a New Zealand internet news site run by Scoop Media Limited...
... and:
Porirua is a city in the Wellington Region of the North Island of New Zealand, and one of the four cities that constitute the Wellington metropolitan area. It almost completely surrounds Porirua Harbour at the southern end of the Kapiti Coast. Pauatahanui Inlet, the eastern inlet of the harbour, is notable for its world-class estuarine values. The population as of June 2017 was 55,900.
Porirua business wins 'Most Cycle Friendly Business in Wellington:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK1806/S ... n-wgtn.htm

Starts:
A community easter egg hunt involving 500 chocolate kiwis donated by Whittakers Chocolate, Bicycle Fix Up days, art exhibitions, mum’s n bubs sessions – these are just some of the great events the Porirua/Tawa community have flocked to enjoy at Porirua’s Get Fixed Bicycle Café situated on the new Harbours Edge site. The family business also took out the award for ‘Most Cycle Friendly Business in Wellington’ at the recent ‘Love Cycling Wellington Region Awards’ held in March.
Includes:
When Clair Nolan from PCC got back in touch just over a year later in around November 2017 to ask if they were still interested in following through with their proposal – except in a different location, the couple jumped at the opportunity.

"As much as the MTB trails on Colonial Knob are gaining popularity, we knew that mountain bikers only make up one component of the total cycling community. As well as road cyclists, commuters and children there is also a growing number of electric bike enthusiasts and as a key area of our business is offering a service that converts standard bikes to electric, we knew it wouldn’t necessarily matter where we were located."
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 7:40am

Our founders started Digital Trends to solve a major problem: How do we introduce people to the world of technology in a way that is fun and welcoming, not intimidating and snarky?

Digital Trends was founded in 2006 by Ian Bell and Dan Gaul, and started out above a small furniture store in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Giant ToughRoad GX E+ review
("The Giant ToughRoad GX E+ is a hardcore gravel bike with an electric twist"):
https://www.digitaltrends.com/bike-revi ... review/#/2

Starts:
Highs
Excellent training tool
Versatile enough to ride anywhere
Aggressive styling
Quality Components
Ride Control EVO display
Lows
Heavy
Comes with basic platform pedals that you’ll want to upgrade
... and:
The idea of throwing an electric motor on a bicycle may seem a little counter-intuitive — especially on one built for someone to break a sweat. Wouldn’t making exercise easier just defeat the purpose? To bike manufacturer Giant, the answer is a resounding no. That’s why the brand developed the ToughRoad GX E+, a new ebike designed to elevate the world of bicycling beyond its current mindset.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 7:52am

T3 magazine is a UK-based technology magazine, which specializes in gadgets and ebikes, gizmos, and other technology.

Originally, T3 stood for Tomorrow's Technology Today, but this is not used anywhere in the magazine or on the website anymore. It is exclusively referred to as T3 or T3.com. The magazine is popular but in terms of sales is ranked second among UK gadget magazines.
Shopping for an electric bike? Gtech is offering a huge 40%, £1200 discount on its urban and mountain e-bikes…
("Why buy one e-bike when you can buy two?"):
https://www.t3.com/news/gtech-ebike-deal-voucher-code

Starts:
Okay, let us talk you through this Gtech eBike deal, because it could seem a little odd at first glance. You have to buy TWO electric bikes: the urban-focussed, original Gtech eBike City and the Gtech eScent. The price: £1,699, a massive 40% or just shy of £1,200 off the RRP.

You might think, "Why would I want to buy two electric bikes?" but think of it like this: the eScent normally costs £1,899. So you're getting a £200 discount on that and then they throw in an eBike City for nothing. No pounds. Zip. Oh, and then they also throw in an additional spare battery, which can be used in both bikes.

All you need is this magic phrase and nerves of steel: EBIKET3

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 1:05pm

(They say:
Founded in 1881, The Aspen Times is the oldest and most-trusted print news outlet in Pitkin County, Colorado. The newspaper is a free, 9,000-circulation daily distributed from Aspen to Carbondale.
ie Quite clueless about 21st-centure realities...
Roger Marolt: Yes, of course we can remove that mole
:
https://www.aspentimes.com/opinion/roge ... that-mole/

Includes:
Our team of urban beauticians ensure there are no bald spots in our parks, every hedge is trimmed tight to the neckline, and there are no branches out of place along our sidewalks. Speaking of sidewalks, they are flat, crack-less, and perfectly straight. We have miles of trails that coax us to wander; mind, body and soulless electric bicycle.
So. NOT a "retardo boy"?

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 1:58pm

EV World commenced publication officially on January 1, 1998. Our objective -- then as now -- is to provide a human face to the topic of sustainable transportation with a focus on the people and policy, as well as technology.

The site has continued to steadily grow in readership over the years with little promotion, other than word-of-mouth. We currently entertain more than 15-20,000 visitors daily from around the world who download from more than 20-30,000 pages of information every day.
... and may be quite clueless about reality (like most folks...)

So Many eBike Brands! (Gosh! ... and Golly!)
http://evworld.com/blogs.cfm?blogid=1472

Starts:
Just a few short years ago, there were maybe a half-dozen major electric bicycle brands in the United States: iZip, Pedego, ProdecoTech, A2B. Now there are, quite literally, hundreds, most small importers seeking to carve a niche for themselves, usually with something customized for them in Asia, typically China or Taiwan. Here's what you need to know about the rapidly evolving world of electric bikes in America.

The numbers are amazing:
• More than 250 million ebikes in use world wide, every day.
• About one million ebikes in USA garages and on the roads.
• 10 million in Europe.
• Sales this year will approach 40 million units, world wide.
• Now the money maker for nearly all the bicycle industry.
• More than 650 brands of ebikes world wide.
• Nearly 300 brands of ebikes offered in the USA!
It's true! So many "asleep at the switch"... :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 2:17pm

HAHA... Would you believe a search of the Internet via Giggle for "electric bicycle" first lists the `Sphere? :lol:

Barnett e-bike training to Include Bafang, LEVA
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/retail-n ... xrTOmMna1g

Starts:
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (BRAIN) — Barnett Bicycle Institute has announced new partnerships with Bafang and Light Electric Vehicle Association. The brands will be joining BBI's E-Bike Fundamentals class, which kicks off June 25.

Bafang is an e-bike motor and component maker, and an important supplier to the e-bike industry.

LEVA is a global e-bike advocate and trade organization. LEVA educates technicians on e-bike technology, and will be offering BBI students LEVA Levels 1-4 certification.

The 2018 E-Bike Fundamentals course dates are June 25-28, and Nov. 12-15. The course will cover e-bike related topics ranging from the class system and e-bike access to hands-on technical practice of fundamental electronics that apply to all e-bike systems. The course will also cover hands-on education for major systems including Bosch, Shimano STEPS, and Bafang.
Hehe... ES Newz... The "go to" source about watts happening on this planet re travels. :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 2:30pm

E-bikes are efficient, but nothing beats this 400 mile range electric recumbent trike
https://electrek.co/2018/06/08/e-bikes- ... ent-trike/

Starts:
When it comes to electric transportation, it’s hard to beat an electric bicycle on efficiency. They are lightweight, narrow and can cram batteries in the negative space of standard bike frames. But one Danish startup appears to have gone even further, and all they had to do was lay down.

Engineer and designer Lars Oksbjerre built the VELOKS MK3, a full suspension electric recumbent tricycle that has a range of 660 km (410 mi).

Seriously... Who needs sex, from an old guys perspective... (you have been warned)...

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 4:30pm

Hehe... How much cheaper than cheap can one afford? :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 4:46pm

Hehe... "Search found 682 matches: robot"... But not THESE robots... :mrgreen:

Video: Food delivery robots are roaming the streets in DC

:lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 6:59pm

For more than 76 years, The Daily Item has provided news for its hometown of Sunbury and the Valley as a whole.
The Susquehanna Valley is a region of low-lying land that borders the Susquehanna River in the U.S. states of New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. The valley consists of areas that lie along the main branch of the river, which flows from Upstate New York through Pennsylvania and Maryland into the Chesapeake Bay, as well as areas that lie along the shorter West Branch in Pennsylvania.
Revere adopts new stationless bike sharing program:
https://www.itemlive.com/2018/06/08/rev ... e-sharing/

Starts:
REVERE — The city is giving bike sharing another try.

After last year’s pilot program with the Chinese company ofo had mixed results, Revere has joined 14 other communities in Greater Boston to adopt LimeBike and Spin.
Includes:
“People who live, work, and visit the service area will be able to rent bikes using a smartphone, and ride them anywhere in the 15-community region, starting at a cost of $1 for the first 30 minutes,” said Marc Draisen, MAPC’s executive director, in a statement. “The new system incorporates stationless, smart bike technology, and will also feature some pedal-assist electric bicycles, or ‘e-bikes,’ to make cycling uphill and into headwinds less challenging.”
Gee... I wonder watt will be "more popular"? Hehe... :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 08 2018 8:51pm

Oh Boy! LOVE competition! Hehe... It's the "American Way". :mrgreen:

In SF, Uber, Lyft and 10 others vie for five electric scooter permits
("The scooters are coming, the scooters are coming."):
https://www.cnet.com/news/in-san-franci ... pin-razor/

Starts:
The scooter war of attrition has begun in San Francisco.

Twelve companies -- including Uber and Lyft -- are vying for just five permits that would allow them to operate a dockless, rentable electric scooter program on city streets, according to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA).

San Francisco officials passed a law in April limiting the number of scooters in the city. The law says that over the next year only five companies will get permits to put their scooters throughout the city. The number of scooters is also limited to 1,250 in the first six months. If that number of scooters works, the cap could increase to 2,500.
Dang. Wet my jeans. (Again...) :lol: