More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 1:14am

(They say:)
The COOLEST music ever made!
... from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
(Wiki:)
Saskatoon is the largest city in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Straddling a bend in the South Saskatchewan River and along the Trans-Canada Yellowhead Highway, it has served as the region's cultural and economic hub since it was founded in 1882 as a Temperance colony. At its 2016 census population of 246,376, Saskatoon is the largest city in the province, while at a 2016 census population of 295,095, the Saskatoon census metropolitan area (CMA) is the 17th largest CMA in Canada. The City of Saskatoon has estimated its population to be 271,000 as of July 2017, while Statistics Canada has estimated the CMA's population to have to be 315,200 as of 2016.
98COOL is excited to partner with Biktrix for a "Ride & Seek" Kutty Electric Bike giveaway!! We'll be hiding the bike all over beautiful Saskatoon and all you have to do is identify where it's hidden. We'll select one person who guesses correctly on each photo and they'll have a 1 in 5 chance of winning this incredible $1,600.00 electric bike. Where is our Kutty hidden today? PS. We've all had a chance to take one of these bad boys for a rip and they are SO MUCH FUN!!

https://www.facebook.com/98Cool/

8)
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 1:28am

Seattle Business magazine and seattlebusinessmag.com deliver insight into the key people, enterprises and trends that drive business in the Pacific Northwest.
Seattle is a seaport city on the west coast of the United States. It is the seat of King County, Washington. With an estimated 725,000 residents as of 2018, Seattle is the largest city in both the state of Washington and the Pacific Northwest region of North America. According to U.S. Census data released in 2018, the Seattle metro area’s population stands at 3.87 million, and ranks as the 15th-largest in the United States.
This Lightweight, Affordable E-Bike Was Created With Seattle in Mind
("Propella’s power-assisted bike targets the sweet spot between price and weight"):
http://seattlebusinessmag.com/technolog ... attle-mind

Starts:
Ben Tarassoli admits his Propella electric bicycle is neither the fastest nor the flashiest on the market. But he will put it up against all makers who seek that elusive “sweet spot” where function and form meet at the intersection of Yes! and Awesome!

Weighing about half as much (34.5 pounds) as the average e-bike and starting at a price ($999) that allows you to still buy groceries, the Propella is now in Version 2.2, which Tarassoli expects to be ready for delivery later this summer. Versions 1.0 and 2.0 — about 300 units in all — sold out in 2016 and 2017.

8)

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 1:51am

To get more people stoked about riding bikes.
Intense Cycles Teases New Electric Bike:
https://mbaction.com/intense-cycles-tea ... tric-bike/

Starts:
Intense Cycles posted a teaser on their Instagram today of an aluminum top tube tagging owner Jeff Steber. We clicked through to Jeff’s account to find some slightly more detailed photos of a prototype electric full-suspension.

:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 2:05am

Hehe... Well it DOES have two wheels and a motor and battery... just really hard to pedal... :lol:

The San Diego Union-Tribune is an American metropolitan daily newspaper, published in San Diego, California.
... and:
San Diego is a major city in California, United States. It is in San Diego County, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, approximately 120 miles (190 km) south of Los Angeles and immediately adjacent to the border with Mexico.

With an estimated population of 1,419,516 as of July 1, 2017, San Diego is the eighth-largest city in the United States and second-largest in California. It is part of the San Diego–Tijuana conurbation, the second-largest transborder agglomeration between the US and a bordering country after Detroit–Windsor, with a population of 4,922,723 people.
San Diego paying out $1.7M for Segway injury on La Jolla street:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... story.html

Starts:
A woman who suffered a shattered pelvis in a Segway crash on a La Jolla street three years ago will receive $1.7 million from San Diego under the terms of a negotiated settlement.

The settlement, which the City Council is scheduled to approve on Tuesday, includes $1.5 million for Regina Capobianco and $200,000 for her husband, Christopher Capobianco, because her injuries damaged their marriage.
:shock:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 2:38am

Hehe... Not often one sees Lord Justin and Gang pop up...

Electric bike $1,500.00
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-ebike/calgary/e ... 1361466916

Starts:
For Sale:

Custom built electric bike
Trek FX series fram 7.3
Grin technologies electric conversion kit - 2000 W DC rear hub motor
lots of tork - top speed 50 km
fully tunable with many options
Bontrager seat
Travoy trailer
Bontrager city front tire
48 V 11.6 AH battery - 2 years old - used one season - low km
Lezyne bike pump
paid 3000 for all equipment

:mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 3:50am

Focus Paralane² e-road bike first ride review
("Focus revamps its road all-rounder with a power-assisted version"):
https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cat ... iew-52064/

Starts:
The Paralane is one of the original all-road machines in the vein of the GT Grade or Cervélo C series. It’s a bike that blurs the lines between endurance road and gravel, that you can take pretty much anywhere. This one however brings e-assistance into the mix.
The bottom bracket is dedicated to the Fazua power unit, which along with the battery can be easily removed making the Paralane2 a standard bike

Apparently, some folks still appreciate "standard" bicycles? :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 6:01am

Lonely Planet (TM) is the largest travel guide book publisher in the world. The company is owned by American billionaire Brad Kelley's NC2 Media, which bought it in 2013 from BBC Worldwide for US$77 million (the equivalent of £45.5 million in May 2014) after it was valued at US$250 million in 2008.
Alicante Electric Bike Tour (TM) : In the footsteps of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (University of Alicante)
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/spain/alic ... 9P8/360772

(Extra "TM" added here ->:) TM

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 6:21am

Uniting millions to make riding better for everyone.

PeopleForBikes aims to make riding better for everyone. By collaborating with millions of individual riders, businesses, community leaders, and elected officials, we’re uniting people to create a powerful, united voice for bicycling and its benefits.
Electric mountain bikes at ski areas:
https://peopleforbikes.org/blog/electri ... ski-areas/

Starts:
After brief seasonal hiatus, many ski area chair lifts are about to start spinning again. Lift-serviced bike parks continue to grow in popularity, both with summer ski area tourists and locals who use the parks to hone their skills. While most users prefer the unique geometry and suspension of downhill bikes, a handful of bike parks are welcoming Class 1 electric mountain bikes (eMTBs) to join the mix this season. Mammoth Mountain, Purgatory Resort, Mt. Snow, and Highland Mountain Bike Park will all join Steamboat Springs – who first allowed eMTBs last summer – to accommodate this burgeoning sector of the e-bike market.
:mrgreen: Apparently, ebikers can start ignoring signs posted by the retarded in some areas. :lol:

AWD   100 W

100 W

Post by AWD » Jun 09 2018 9:50am

AWD   100 W

100 W

Post by AWD » Jun 09 2018 9:54am

LockH wrote:
Jun 09 2018 1:14am
The COOLEST music ever made!
... from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Saskatoon is the largest city in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Straddling a bend in the South Saskatchewan River and along the Trans-Canada Yellowhead Highway, it has served as the region's cultural and economic hub since it was founded in 1882 as a Temperance colony. At its 2016 census population of 246,376, Saskatoon is the largest city in the province, while at a 2016 census population of 295,095, the Saskatoon census metropolitan area (CMA) is the 17th largest CMA in Canada. The City of Saskatoon has estimated its population to be 271,000 as of July 2017, while Statistics Canada has estimated the CMA's population to have to be 315,200 as of 2016.
98COOL is excited to partner with Biktrix for a "Ride & Seek" Kutty Electric Bike giveaway!! We'll be hiding the bike all over beautiful Saskatoon and all you have to do is identify where it's hidden. We'll select one person who guesses correctly on each photo and they'll have a 1 in 5 chance of winning this incredible $1,600.00 electric bike. Where is our Kutty hidden today? PS. We've all had a chance to take one of these bad boys for a rip and they are SO MUCH FUN!!

https://www.facebook.com/98Cool/

8)
$1600? Just tuned two bikes exactly like that yesterday at the shop that were branded Ancheer that the clients got for $550 off of Amazon. And yes they would make suitable Anchors.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 10:39am

Tridel is a major real estate developer based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is the largest builder of condominiums in the Toronto area. Since being founded in the 1930s it has built some 80,000 homes.
http://condos.tridel.com/elby/
Tridel is Giving You the Chance to Win an Elby e-bike!
Building a Better Way of Life with our Friends at Elby

Tridel wants to keep making city life richer, more fulfilling, and better for everybody, every day. This doesn’t just mean building green or living green in one of our energy-efficient condos, it means commuting green too!

We’ve partnered with Elby – a world leader in electric biking- to help offer a way for Torontonians to get around the city easily, quickly, and without the frustrations of traffic.

To celebrate, Tridel and Elby are giving away three e-bikes this summer!

:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 11:59am

AWD wrote:
Jun 09 2018 9:50am
And so it begins.
https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a20047 ... e-circuit/
8)

Pro Cycling to Get Its First Official E-Bike Race

The European Cycling Union will add a circuit for e-road and e-mountain bikes in 2019

8) :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 1:32pm

Austin real estate, architecture, and city life since 2007.
Lockless and Flockless: The State of Austin’s Dockless Vehicle Pilot Program:
https://austin.towers.net/lockless-and- ... t-program/

Starts:
If you hadn’t heard, Austin has a newfangled pilot program for dockless bikes and scooters. This is awesome because scooters are awesome and bikes are awesome, and if you disagree, I’ll leave you in my scooter dust, at no more than 15 miles per hour.

So, now that we’re a month into the city’s new dockless regulations, let’s check in on the progress:
:) (Apparently, one writer hasn't seen the special ES Mod Super-Duper (TM) scooters. :lol:

Includes:
Goat is an Austin dockless scooter company still getting off the ground – as of June 5, it had received only 20 permits. Unlike the other companies, Goat has never operated in another city before, and from my experience their app is still working out the kinks.
... and:
Lime, a company that provides scooters as well as e-bikes and pedal bikes (also known as “bikes”), had a small presence of scooters in town prior to the permit program, but is now currently in the process of applying for permits for the maximum 500 vehicles, using a mixture of scooters and e-bikes.
... and:
On top of the logistical challenges of complying with these regulations, it appears that the city vastly overestimated the interest of dockless vehicle operators in participation with this pilot. They initially estimated 17 companies would participate; to date, only three have completed applications and two more have told me they’re interested. One of the three completed applications is a startup firm with only 20 scooters.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 2:58pm

(He says:)
My name is Kris Hay-Disney and I grew up and live in Decatur, Illinois. I have been married for more years than I can usually remember (I’m not kidding, it’s been between 20-24 years, something like that), have two children, one grandchild, two dogs, one cat, four fish, and a bearded dragon. I have many angel fish, goldfish that became angels that is, that are looking down on me now from heaven wondering how and why they lived such short lives under my care. I tried! I really did.

I have a B.S. in Natural Resources from Oregon State University, “Go Beavs!”, and as you can probably tell I like science and technology a lot. I also like gadgets, probably too much. I hope you find something useful or entertaining on the blog from time to time and share articles you find particularly interesting… or awful.
Testing Out a New Blood Pressure Watch and My Electric Bike is Here!:
https://thejournier.com/2018/06/09/test ... e-is-here/

Includes:
NESS Icon Electric Bike

Another item I will be reviewing over the next few weeks is the NESS Icon E-Bike. It arrived yesterday and I haven’t had a chance to ride it yet but I think it’s going to accommodate my 5’1″ height very well. That was something I was worried about since I purchased it online and couldn’t try it out first.

Ends:
Definitely much more to come on this later. I have a lot of riding to do!

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 3:11pm

The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London. It is the United Kingdom's second-biggest-selling daily newspaper after The Sun.
Hundreds of cheeky cyclists bare all as they take part in the World Naked Bike Ride around London:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ondon.html

Includes:
To Valhalla! One participant takes the easy route and rides an electric scooter

:lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 6:26pm

The Cape Cod Times is a broadsheet daily newspaper serving Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, Massachusetts, United States.
... and:
Cape Cod is a geographic cape extending into the Atlantic Ocean from the southeastern corner of mainland Massachusetts, in the northeastern United States. Its historic, maritime character and ample beaches attract heavy tourism during the summer months.

As defined by the Cape Cod Commission's enabling legislation, Cape Cod is conterminous with Barnstable County, Massachusetts. It extends from Provincetown in the northeast to Woods Hole in the southwest, and is bordered by Plymouth to the northwest.
Putting the brakes on e-bikes?:
http://www.capecodtimes.com/news/201806 ... on-e-bikes

:roll:

Starts:
PROVINCETOWN — E-bikes have made their way to the streets of Provincetown and town officials are pondering how to best regulate the electric vehicles.

Shop owners argue that e-bikes, essentially bicycles with electric motors, should be treated like any other bicycle in the eyes of the law, but town hall has received several complaints about e-bike rentals in town.

The Cape’s outermost town does have a bylaw on the books that prohibits the rentals of motorized two-wheeled vehicles, but town counsel John Giorgio said that, in his opinion, the bylaw is unenforceable. A 1981 state Supreme Court case ruled that a previous version of the same bylaw was invalid because it was inconsistent with state law, which allows the use of motorized two-wheelers on public ways.

That case was centered on mopeds, not e-bikes.

There are two shops in town renting e-bikes: Coast Provincetown and Provincetown Bike Rentals. Coast Provincetown is renting URB-Es: folding, battery-powered bikes that can clock speeds of up to 18 mph, and without pedals, are similar to scooters. Provincetown Bike Rentals is renting pedal-assist models, where a rider pedals the bike, helped by an electric motor. Riders have to pedal for the bikes to work.
"town hall has received several complaints"... Details please? How many "complaints" about stepping in dog excrement?

Next week... Putting the brakes on automobiles? (town hall has received several complaints) Stay tuned...

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 09 2018 6:52pm

Amusing... News re San Francisco circles the globe...

The Punch is a Nigerian daily newspaper.
Uber, Lyft, 10 others vie for five electric scooter permits:
http://punchng.com/uber-lyft-10-others- ... r-permits/

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 10 2018 3:20pm

Seasoned industry professionals who had the vision that the future of news delivery is a centralized hub where news from thousands of sources can be filtered into personalized news streams. We consider EIN Presswire (a service of EIN News) to be one of the most advanced central sources for communication professionals whose time is valuable.

EIN Presswire is designed to assist those seeking breaking news and those who have breaking news to share. Thoughtfully developed tools that help seekers find news content and manage it. Online content uploads let you feed directly into the stream of daily breaking news. EIN clients are global and diverse, all sharing similar goals - efficiencies, productivity, effectiveness, and value.
Tour San Francisco on a Kick Butt Electric Scooter Adventure:
https://www.einpresswire.com/article/45 ... -adventure

Starts:
Want to avoid looking like a tourist when you're in San Francisco ? Take a fully guided tour on an Electric scooter with an entertaining tour guide.
Fully guided tours on kick butt fun to ride electric scooters ! What's not to love? Jump on and let's go”
— Brian Huber
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, UNITED STATES, June 10, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ -- Want to avoid looking like a tourist when you’re in San Francisco? Take a tour of the city on an electric scooter!

As scooters become as ubiquitous as artisanal coffee in the city by the bay, the San Francisco Electric Tour Company — the people who introduced Segway® tours to the town back in 2004 — has launched SF Scooter Adventure Tours. Brian Huber, the company’s president, says the tours cover some of the same ground as the Segway tours with one major difference.

“We can get closer to the Golden Gate Bridge with electric scooters than we can with Segways,” Huber explains. Neither conveyance is allowed on the bridge but scooters can venture closer, similar to where you can travel on a bike.

SF Scooter Adventure Tours offers four different ways to enjoy the city on a scooter, all of which offer stunning views of San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the city skyline:
"... the people who introduced Segway® tours to the town back in 2004..."? Yup, as seen in ES Newz back in 2011...
Segway tours irritate some in San Francisco:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26013

You want to get irritated about... anything? Take a number and get in line... :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 11:26am

The World is a daily newspaper in Coos Bay, Oregon, United States. From its office on Commercial Avenue in downtown Coos Bay, The World serves Oregon's South Coast, including the cities of Coos Bay, North Bend, Reedsport, Bandon, Lakeside, Coquille and Myrtle Point. The newspaper's circulation is 5,500 Monday–Thursday and 6,500 on Saturdays. It is the largest newspaper on the Oregon coast by circulation.
... and:
Coos County is a county in the U.S. state of Oregon. As of the 2010 census, the population was 63,043. The county seat is Coquille. The county was formed from the western parts of Umpqua and Jackson counties. It is named after a tribe of Native Americans who live in the region.

Coos County comprises the Coos Bay, OR Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Whiskey Run Mountain Bike Trails celebrates its new routes with festival:
https://theworldlink.com/news/local/whi ... afe58.html

Starts:
BANDON — Neither rain nor wind could stop hundreds of bicyclists from gathering and participating in the first Whiskey Run Mountain Bike Festival held Saturday in Bandon.

The event, which celebrated the recently-developed Whiskey Run Bike Trails, offered visitors the chance to ride the trails and familiarize themselves with its route and new signage.

Volunteers from the Wild Rivers Coast Mountain Bicycling Association and local riders from Coos County presented festival goers with three different guided rides. The rides ranged from beginner to advanced and lasted up to two hours, depending on the trail mileage covered. Erin Kessler, a WRCMBA board member, said the organization had been volunteering every Wednesday leading up to Saturday’s event to get the trails cleaned and ready for the festival.
Includes:
In addition to the guided rides, booths on local bicycle resources and clubs were also in attendance as well as mechanical support provided by South Coast Bicycles. Riders with pedal assist electric bikes were given the OK to use the trails, but throttle and motorized bicycles were not.

Karl Maxon, owner of South Coast Bicycles, said pedal assist bikes gives those riders who normally don’t go long distance the chance to do so. Maxon said right now there are some misconceptions about this type of electronic bike that people often mistake with increasing one’s speed and damaging trails.

“With the pedal assist bike, you have to pedal it in order to propel it by any electric power,” said Maxon. “It doesn’t make sense to worry about an electric bike going way faster because its speed is limited.”
:roll: So EVerybuddy be sure and faux pedal. :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 12:45pm

Hehe... Not EXACTLY "NON-ebike media"... but newz re Europe getting bigger...

What does “electrive” mean?

Electrive is a made up name and is derived from the words electric and drive.

For whom do you write “electrive.com today”?

The information service is aimed at decision makers and interested parties working in the electric mobility sector – such as manufacturers (cars, bikes, busses, or trucks), suppliers, utilities, battery makers, mobility and/or service providers, agencies, media or vendors.
EC wants mandatory e-bike insurance:
https://www.electrive.com/2018/06/11/ec ... insurance/

Starts:
The European Commission has decided that electric bicycles must have a third party liability insurance. While the draft still needs to go through the Council and Parliament, it effectively undermines current legislation that had equaled pedelecs with bicycles.

The decision of the European Commission to require e-bike users to be insured comes in the wake of a review of their Motor Vehicle Insurance Directive. The new draft was to take new developments such as automated driving into account initially. Pedelecs are only a footnote strictly speaking but the ruling – if it goes through – could have wide ranging consequences for the industry. Still, it does not come entirely unexpected.
:roll:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 1:01pm

Cape Gazette is an independently owned and operated twice-weekly, community newspaper published in Lewes, Delaware.
... and:
Lewes is an incorporated city on the Delaware Bay in eastern Sussex County, Delaware. According to the 2010 census, the population is 2,747. Along with neighboring Rehoboth Beach, Lewes is one of the principal cities of Delaware's rapidly growing Cape Region. The city lies within the Salisbury, Maryland–Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area. Lewes proudly claims to be "The First Town in The First State."
... AND:
The Salisbury Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau in 2010, is a metropolitan area centered on the city of Salisbury, Maryland and including portions of the U.S. states of Delaware and Maryland on the Delmarva Peninsula. The metropolitan area consists of four counties: Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester in Maryland and Sussex in Delaware. The MSA had a total population of 373,802 as of the 2010 census and an estimated population of 405,803 for 2017.
The science of healthy cycling
("Experienced Bodacious Bicycles owner provides custom fittings"):
http://www.capegazette.com/article/scie ... ing/158334

Starts:
Gary Hughes can design a custom bicycle, repair a bike or provide a custom fit, but what he's really about is improving quality of life.

Hughes, owner of Bodacious Bicycles at 306 Atlantic Ave., Milton, opened his business about a year ago.
Includes:
Although he doesn't have the equipment anymore at his shop to build a custom bike, he can design one and get it built. He's also starting to design more adaptive bikes, including battery-assisted electric bicycles.
(No relation AFAIK. Just another whacky Hughes guy. Nice to think can get electric built to adapt to fit many north Americans (of "ample" size... and weight. I guess...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 1:11pm

The Los Angeles Times is a daily newspaper which has been published in Los Angeles, California since 1881. It has the fourth-largest circulation among United States newspapers.
Scooters aren't an urban scourge. They're a solution:
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editoria ... story.html

By The Times Editorial Board :mrgreen:

Starts:
Motorized scooters are not an urban scourge, and shared bikes are not a blight on society.

They’re convenient, affordable ways to travel short distances without getting in a car and driving. If cities are serious about creating alternative modes of transportation that don’t involve polluting cars or bumper-to-bumper traffic, then they ought to develop rules that allow the expansion of shared scooters and “dockless” bikes.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 2:29pm

The Daily Telegraph, commonly referred to simply as The Telegraph, is a national British daily broadsheet newspaper published in London by Telegraph Media Group and distributed across the United Kingdom and internationally. The Telegraph is widely regarded as a national "newspaper of record" and it maintains an international reputation for quality, having been described by the BBC as being "one of the world's great titles".
Watt՚s it really like to ride an electric bike?:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/e-b ... tric-bike/

Starts:
Addictive.

Hehe... OK, I lied. Good one writer doesn't get paid per word. (I love buying stuff to eat...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 2:44pm

Mena Report (Middle East and North Africa Business Report) is a business news source established in 2001 and run by Al Bawaba (Amman, Jordan, and Dubai). It covers business and economics across the Arabic world.
... and spits out Press Releases from Canada... :lol:

Hamilton Welcomes Canada's Fastest Growing Brand of Electric Bikes:
http://menafn.com/1096994524/Hamilton-W ... tric-Bikes

Starts:
(MENAFN Editorial) The Golden Horseshoe welcomes Canada's fastest growing brand of electric bikes with this month's grand opening of the Pedego Hamilton store, which sells Pedego electric bikes. Find out more: pedegohamilton.ca Hamilton, Ontario - The Niagara Escarpment is going to get a lot less steep for people who shop at Hamilton's newest store. Pedego Hamilton has opened its doors and is selling the number one electric bicycle brand in North America: Pedego Electric Bikes .

Conveniently located at 1808RymalRoad East near the Eramosa Karst Conservation Area,Chippewaand Red Hill trails, the Pedego Hamilton store sells 18 models of electric bikes, from colourful cruisers and cargo bikes to dual suspension mountain bikes and fat tire bikes, perfect for riding on sand or in snow.
Pedego stores have probably opened less than one million locations... so far.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Jun 11 2018 3:05pm

Hehe... Three daze ago, caught the Newz
World's first 3D printed composite bicycle
:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94636

... and noted: "(No word yet re printed motors and batteries...)"... Sitting down?

THE publication and website for all things #engineering #materials related, covering and comparing the use of #composites, #plastics, #metals and #coatings
... from Kent, UK
New bonding applications require better, more robust materials:
http://www.materialsforengineering.co.u ... ls/174888/

Starts:
The increasing incidence of sophisticated additive manufacturing applications means that better and more sophisticated material and bonding technologies are having to be developed in order to keep up.

One recent example can be seen in Arevo of Silicon Valley, California, which has made a carbon-fibre framed bicycle. As the frame is made with a robot, there are low labour costs and the firm’s technology could enable the mass manufacture of composite frames.
Includes:
Meanwhile, another first has been achieved at the Chemnitz University of Technology, where researchers from the Professorship of Electrical Energy Conversion Systems and Drives have created the first fully 3D printed electric motor. Last year, two members of the Professorship, Johannes Rudolph and Fabian Lorenz, 3D printed a coil capable of withstanding temperatures over 300°C. In the time since then, they have 3D printed all of the components of an electric machine. That includes copper electrical conductors, which create magnetic fields in combination with iron or iron alloys and ceramic electrical insulation to insulate the conductors from each other and from the iron components. This is referred to as the magnetic circuit.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: