More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

Post by LockH » Feb 16 2018 5:13pm

Hehe... Among the flood of "Ebike-Positive" Market Research reports for sale these days... `guess this one was too tasty for EVen Mark to pass over. :mrgreen:

Global electric bike market projected to grow 60+% by 2025:
https://cyclingindustry.news/global-ele ... 0-by-2025/

:mrgreen:
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Feb 16 2018 5:24pm

Limebike’s electric-assist bikes are out and rideable right now
("Go ahead and climb up that hill"): :mrgreen:
https://seattle.curbed.com/2018/2/12/17 ... e-limebike

Includes:
In the meantime, Limebike has been in communication with other municipalities in the Seattle metro. The company quietly launched their wares in Bothell, at the top of the Burke-Gilman Trail, officially earlier this month, but Contee and Scheer told us the line of communication is open with other areas, as well—regardless of whether there’s an official framework in place. That note is especially important as people travel further with electric assist.
8)

Ends: View all 16 stories

:lol:

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 16 2018 5:48pm

(Wiki:)
The Register-Guard is a daily newspaper in the western United States, published in Eugene, Oregon. It was formed in a 1930 merger of two Eugene papers, the Eugene Daily Guard and the Morning Register. The paper serves the Eugene-Springfield area, as well as the Oregon Coast, Umpqua River valley, and surrounding areas. As of 2016, it has a circulation of around 43,000 Monday through Friday, around 47,000 on Saturday, and a little under 50,000 on Sunday.
Lane County finds electric bicycle; now wants to return it to owner:
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/ ... r.html.csp

:evil:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 16 2018 6:00pm

ABC Online is the brand name in Australia for the online services of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, managed by ABC Innovation. It covers a large network of websites including those for ABC News, television, radio, and video-on-demand through ABC iView.

ABC Online is one of Australia's largest and most-visited web sites, according to Alexa the eleventh-most popular in the country. It currently contains over 5 million pages.
One person's trash is another's DIY 3D printer at this volunteer-run innovation hub:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-17/u ... ne/9449604

Starts:
Think twice before throwing that old computer into landfill — it may be missing out on a second life as an electric bicycle or 3D printer.

An innovation hub south of Brisbane is turning trash into hi-tech treasures.

From electric bicycles to solar-run bluetooth portable speakers, volunteers at Logan's Substation33 have worked on projects that have bought in $1 million in the last year.
... includes a pic:
Photo: A solar-powered electric bike built by volunteers at Substation33. (ABC News)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 16 2018 8:38pm

he Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata (ANSA) is the leading wire service in Italy, and one of the leaders among world news agencies.
... and:
Since 2003, the Ansa through AnsaMed provides a news service covering the countries of the Mediterranean basin.
Entire green district of Rabat has Italian heart
("Eco-buses and tech neighborhoods unveiled at forum"):
http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news ... 2df0f.html

Starts:
RABAT - An entire green district in Rabat, with electrical buses, cars and bicycles has an Italian heart in the Moroccan holding that is investing in alternative energy. The group has presented itself in Marrakech at the Photovoltaica event, the first African forum of renewable energy that wrapped up yesterday.
Includes:
Electrical cars in Rabat are a first experiment in Morocco, along with the electric bicycle rental to be launched over the next few months in Marrakech.
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 17 2018 7:29am

(They say:)
TED (Tenders Electronic Daily) is the online version of the 'Supplement to the Official Journal' of the EU, dedicated to European public procurement.

TED publishes 520 thousand procurement notices a year, including 210 thousand calls for tenders which are worth approximately €420 billion.
Norway-Stavanger: Bicycles:
http://ted.europa.eu/TED/notice/udl?uri ... T.rss_ev=a
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Bysykkelen AS
CO Forusparken 22, 1 etg.
Stavanger
Norway
Section II: Object
II.1)Scope of the procurement
II.1.1)Title:

Electric town bicycles

Reference number: El.bysykkel 2018
II.1.4)Short description:

Bysykkelen AS shall enter into a framework agreement for the delivery of electric town bicycles. The procurement is for the production of a specific electric bicycle, suitable and adapted for the existing town bicycle scheme, with the existing infrastructure and charging stations. Bysykkelen AS currently knows that 500 bicycles shall be ordered, with an option for 400 bicycles. A further 25 bicycles could also be procured, but this depends on the answer to a 'Klimasats' application.

The contract period will be 2 years, with a subsequent right for the contracting authority to extend the contract for 1+1 year. In addition to Bysykkelen AS, municipalities in Rogaland County can be users of the contract. An application has been submitted for climate resources to finance electric bicycles in these municipalities.
Stavanger is a city and municipality in Norway. It is the third largest city and metropolitan area in Norway (through conurbation with neighbouring Sandnes) and the administrative centre of Rogaland county. The municipality is the fourth most populous in Norway. Metro pop. 319,822
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 17 2018 12:55pm

The Midland Daily News is a daily newspaper which serves Midland County, Michigan. The offices for the paper are located at 124 South McDonald Street in downtown Midland. Although the main offices are located in Midland, the paper is widely circulated around Midland County.
... and:
Midland County is a county located in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, the population was 83,629.
Local E-bike ban not a fair decision:
https://www.ourmidland.com/opinion/lett ... 620090.php

Letter to Ed starts:
I was disappointed to read in the Midland Daily News a Feb. 8 article reporting that: “Midland Parks and Recreation staff are working to amend city park rules and regulations to prohibit E-Bikes on the rail-trail.”

I am a 60-plus year old resident of Midland. I enjoy walking on the rail-trail with other people or with my dogs on leashes. I strive to be courteous in sharing the trail with others, including bicyclists that sometimes appear to be in training for road races.

I have a class one E-bike. I always pedal but use the electric motor to augment my efforts. I would like to be able to ride my E-bike on the rail-trail in a safe manner for exercise.
Ends:
If potential danger of fast bicycle traffic sharing the rail-trail with other users is the concern, should a speed limit be considered on all bikes rather than a ban on E-bikes?
8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 17 2018 1:11pm

ESB "Search found 14 matches: Veemo". Again:

Automoblob.net is an automotive industry, culture, and lifestyle publication, covering news, trends, and technology.
Meet The Veemo VeloMobile: Safe, Sustainable & Simple:
http://www.automoblog.net/2018/02/17/me ... le-simple/

Includes:
Testing & Expansion

VeloMetro’s pilot program is underway at the University of British Columbia where five vehicles are in service. The university’s large campus is ideal for collecting use case scenarios and evaluating future strategies. So far, over 250 students have signed up.
:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 17 2018 1:48pm

Huh. ESB "Search found 0 matches: Movak".

Torrot launches electric trail bike Movak:
https://www.electrive.com/2018/02/14/to ... ike-movak/

Described as an “electric urban trail bike”...

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 17 2018 7:36pm

The Bay of Plenty Times is the regional daily paper for the Bay of Plenty area, including Tauranga, on the North Island of New Zealand.
... and:
Tauranga is the most populous city in the Bay of Plenty Region of the North Island of New Zealand. It was settled by Māori late in the 13th century and by Europeans in the early 19th century and was constituted as a city in 1963. Tauranga City is the centre of the fifth largest urban area in New Zealand, with an urban population of 137,900 (June 2017).
More than 50 council staff proud owners of electric bikes:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty ... d=11994415

Starts:
More than 50 Tauranga City Council staff are proud owners of electric bikes after the council facilitated a deal with a national e-bike distributor to encourage fewer single-occupant cars into the city centre.

The council negotiated the purchase deal on behalf of 52 staff as part of a bulk order, along with seven e-bikes that will be added to the organisation's vehicle fleet.
8)

Includes:
Founder the of supplier of the bikes electrify.nz, Michael Tritt said every e-bike took someone out of a car for some part of their life - for commuting, leisure or general transport.
... and:
"At the beginning we thought 10 to 15 staff might take up the offer, and we got 52, most of those relatively new to biking," Parkes said.
electrify.nz :
http://electrify.nz/

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 17 2018 9:31pm

(Hehe... In this thread: ESB "Search found 2 matches: Petrol"... again:

Difference Between Petrol Bike And Electric Bike(தமிழில்)

:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 1:51am

Hehe... (In this thread, so far...) ESB "Search found 2 matches: santa monica bird". Again (this newz getting BIGGER...):

Beachgoers flock to the new trend: Bird scooters:
http://sdnews.com/view/full_story/27545 ... t_popular1

Starts:
Heard of car share and bike share?

Now there’s scooter share in Pacific Beach.

Black-hued “Bird” Segway Kickscooter ES1 Electric Scooters, retailing for $399, are seemingly everywhere these days along the beachfront.

The 30- to 40-pound dockless electric scooters, capable of speeds up to 15 mph, are available through a scooter-share service via a smartphone app.

The scooter-share startup, Bird, was begun by Travis VanderZanden, who was previously an executive with Uber and Lyft ride sharing.

Launched in September 2017, tens of thousands of people have already ridden Birds from the company that started in Los Angeles, and has since spread to Venice and south to San Diego. Bird plans to branch out to dozens of other markets this year.

:roll: :lol:

Hehe... A "Segway" kick scooter...

Watt... MY trip out to our Canadian Wet Coast nearly twenty years ago much different?

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 4:01am

Hehe... (Wiki:)
Makadi Bay is a resort town in Egypt. It is located about 30 kilometers south of Hurghada on the Red Sea.
... and one Canadian traveler asks:
Is it possible to hire traditional bicycles rather than electric bicycles in Makadi Bay? Will be staying at Fort Arabesque.
:lol:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g2 ... Sinai.html

("My husband prefers it hot and sweaty".) :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 10:28am

Dailymotion is a video-sharing technology platform. It is owned by Vivendi. North American launch partners include BBC News, VICE, Bloomberg Media, Cheddar, Hearst Digital Media, and more. Dailymotion is available worldwide, in 18 languages and 35 localised versions featuring local home pages and local content. It has more than 300 million unique monthly users.
Seen elsewhere described as "YouTube Rival"...

The Jolt ebike_ The Jolt ebike_ an electric bicycle for fans for $ 500:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6exy5m

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh   10 MW

10 MW

Post by Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh » Feb 18 2018 12:07pm

bottle battery
Kick down the barricades Listen what the kids say.
From time to time people change their minds But the Frock is here to stay.
I've seen it all from the bottom to the top Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.
Around the world or around the block Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 12:30pm

^^ Hehe... :)

News getting BIGGER... ESB "Search found 1 match: Denville" (In this thread, last October...)

In October 2016, Business Insider started Markets Insider, a globally-focused markets data and news service. Data is provided by Germany-based finance portal Finanzen.net, another Axel Springer holding.
... and:
Business Insider is an American financial and business news website that also operates international editions in the UK, Australia, China, Germany, France, India, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Nordics, Poland and Singapore. Several International editions are published in local languages: Chinese, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Polish and Japanese.
Light Electric Vehicle Franchise Opens its Doors in Denville, New Jersey:
http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... 1016021026

Starts:
DENVILLE, N.J., Feb. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Voltaire Cycles Inc. announces the opening of its first e-mobility franchise located at 21 Broadway in Denville, New Jersey. The new 2700 sq. ft. showroom features electric bikes, electric scooters, and electric skateboards.
8)

Includes:
Although the market for e-bikes continues to accelerate at a red-hot pace (U.S. e-bike sales in 2017 doubled previous years' totals), a shortage of dedicated retailers are preventing more customers for experiencing the technology.

... and:
The franchise company's goal is to launch 25 units in the next 18 months.
Hehe... Chasing the Pedego/franchises dream. :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 5:42pm

Hehe... Voice of America site "laying it on thick" re their article... in print, video... now on their "Learning English" pages... :)

Learning English is VOA’s multimedia source of news and information for millions of English learners worldwide. Our audio programs and captioned videos are written using vocabulary at the intermediate and upper-beginner level. Our programs are read one-third slower than normal English speed. Online texts, MP3s and podcasts let people read, listen and learn American English and much more.
Electric Bike Ban in New York Hurts Food Delivery Workers :
https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/e ... 56388.html

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 9:58pm

Hehe... ESB "Search found 5 matches: RODER"... but not THIS Roder... :)

https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.co ... 2144_a.jpg

Custom Electric bike E-DYNAMIC from RODER custom bikes:
https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e ... tom-bikes/
The Custom Cycles scene is big in countries like Germany, Netherlands, Ukraine, Mexico. RODER custom cycles are Germany based shop and DIY frame building company. Not all of their bikes are electric. They all are styled as Choppers, Bobbers, and Caffe racers. But none of them are cheesy and all of them are made in Vintage spirit and colors with a lot of detailing on body. In our opinion they are totally dominating German Ebike scene.

8)

Deutsch sprechen?:
https://www.roeder-bikes.de/

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 18 2018 10:49pm

The Fraser Coast Chronicle is a daily newspaper serving the Fraser Coast area in Queensland, Australia.
... and:
The Fraser Coast Region is a local government area in the Wide Bay–Burnett region of Queensland, Australia, about 250 kilometres (160 mi) north of Brisbane, the state capital. Population 101,504 (2016 census)
Bikes beat rising cost of living prices:
https://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au ... s/3339251/

Starts:
WITH petrol prices on the verge of hitting a three-year high, Bicycle Queensland is urging Queenslanders to switch from driving to riding in a bid to beat cost of living pressures.

Petrol prices are forecast to spike at about 150c per litre in coming days - obliterating the average 130c per litre by 20 cents and threatening to rob $10-15 from the average household's weekly budget.
Includes:
A nationwide commuter survey recently found cycling was the fastest way to get from the outer suburbs to most Australian cities.

"The evidence is clear - congestion on our roads is changing the way we commute," Ms Savage (Ed: Bicycle Queensland CEO Anne Savage) said.

"We'd urge all Queenslanders to protest petrol price rises by taking up cycling.

"For anyone who is fed up with paying high prices for petrol and car parking, but has a little further to travel, electric bikes are on the rise, and help new riders easily overcome distance and hill climbs.

"Over 70 per cent of Australians say they are willing to change their mode of travel to help minimise and avoid congestion, and a whopping 56 per cent are willing to leave the car at home.
8)

Raisedeyebrows   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Raisedeyebrows » Feb 19 2018 12:16am

That company renting the Bird Scooters must have some real good insurance, seems like a liability nightmare to me, actually took my scooter for a fast ride around the neighborhood late this afternoon and since you had one too I'm sure you know you have to watch where you're going on those things, hitting a curb would not be a good thing.
Yuba Mundo w/BBSHD
Specialized Hard Rock w/9c clone, statoraid, hubsink
Trek Fuel 90 w/BBSHD
Above all run on 14s4p 52v li-ion
Ecobike folder 36v
Currie Flyer scooter 24v on 24ah of SLA

Every trip made with electric bike is one less car trip, saves money, no toxic fumes, less noise, less impact on roads.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 19 2018 6:03am

^^ Hehe... Yup. Urban infrastructure designed and maintained by the Auto-Addicted. :) At least, the scoot I had used 12" pneumatic tires (w/thicker inner-tubes...) plus helped to be using "regular" routes much of the time. Smaller diameter wheels at least were lighter weight (lower Whs/km) and spun up fast for quick accelerations. :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 19 2018 6:13am

WSAW-TV is a CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Wausau, Wisconsin, United States and serving north-central Wisconsin...
New biking trend, E-Biking, continues to grow: :mrgreen:
http://www.wsaw.com/content/news/New-bi ... 70273.html

Includes:
John Nowaczyk, the Manager at Trek Bike Store in Wausau said that popularity of the e-bikes is growing so much, that they might be all we see in the next few years.
:D

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 19 2018 6:37am

The Capilano Courier is Capilano University’s number one campus newspaper. In fact, we’re the only one, so we’re taking the cake by default. Established in 1968, the Courier is published weekly by the Capilano Courier Publishing Society, an independent non-profit society. The Courier is led by both students and alumni, and is funded by student fees and the occasional advertising.
Capilano University is a teaching-focused university based in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with programming serving the Sunshine Coast and the Sea-to-Sky corridor. Capilano University is enabled by the University Act, enrolling its first students in 1968. The school was established by local school boards and residents of the North Shore and Howe Sound on the need for a public institution serving the local communities. Initial enrollment was 784 students in 1968, and as of 2016, has grown to enroll approximately 11,000 students per year. In 2008, under the direction of its president, Greg Lee, Capilano University was re-designated from a community college to a university.
Bike culture grows at Capilano University
("Facilities working with architectural firm to improve bike storage security on campus"):
http://www.capilanocourier.com/2018/02/ ... niversity/

Starts:
Members of the Capilano University community who cycle to and from campus can soon tuck their bicycles away in secure and covered storage spaces. Carscadden Stokes McDonald Architects Inc. won a tender process to reserve the right to design and construct a bicycle storage building for CapU. According to Bill Demopoulos, Sustainability and Facilities manager, a design is expected to be ready by the end of the fiscal year on Mar. 31, with construction dependent on budget availability and priority levels of other projects.
Includes:
Another possibility on the horizon is the integration of more electric bike-friendly amenities. Demopoulos knows that the relatively steep hill that leads to CapU can be a deterrent for most cyclists, and providing features to alleviate this issue could help encourage more cycling to CapU. “I think if we can sort out some of the charging issues, whether it be through this or facilities or some other mechanism we might see more people riding just because they can use an electric bike to get up,” he said.

Sustainability has already tried to tackle the integration of more electric bikes on campus. Three electric bike providers came to campus for Sustainability Week in October 2016 to show off their products and give students a chance to test them out. However, the event was rained out and there weren’t as many trials as Demopoulos would’ve liked.
Watt... It rained on Canadas Wet Coast?? Surprise! :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 19 2018 7:03am

Multi-media news for Devon 24/7. We've been at the heart of Devon since 1824 - starting out in print with Express&Echo, Herald Express, Mid Devon Gazette, WMN and North Devon Journal...
Devon, also known as Devonshire, which was formerly its common and official name, is a county of England, reaching from the Bristol Channel in the north to the English Channel in the south. It is part of South West England, bounded by Cornwall to the west, Somerset to the northeast, and Dorset to the east. The City of Exeter is the county town; seven other districts of East Devon, Mid Devon, North Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge, Torridge, and West Devon are under the jurisdiction of Devon County Council; Plymouth and Torbay are each a part of Devon but administered as unitary authorities. Combined as a ceremonial county, Devon's area is 6,707 km2 (2,590 square miles) and its population is about 1.1 million.
Ikea Exeter will be 'so busy' they want a second car park just for 197 staff
("Ikea have submitted plans for a second car park for staff - despite the store being right next to a train station and bus stop"):
https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... ed-1232451

Starts:
Swedish furniture giant Ikea say they need a second car park at their store in Exeter – and this one will be just for their staff.

The spännande (Swedish for 'exciting') store on Newcourt Way, which will open on May 1, 2018, will feature inspirational room sets, a crèche, restaurant, bistro, a Changing Places toilet facility and car park with over 1,000 spaces.
:roll:

Includes:
IKEA will also create new cycle lanes around the store and will also provide six electric bike charging points.
(In addition to the hundreds and thousands of "standard" electrical outlets plastered all over the store...) :roll: :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 19 2018 7:26am

Wireless charging for electric bikes on the horizon? :
https://cyclingindustry.news/wireless-c ... e-horizon/

Starts:
CI.N has been introduced to what is believed to be the first wireless charging system for electric bikes, currently in development by mechanical engineer Prith David, a Zurich-based entrepreneur behind the company Sciyent.
Includes:
The system, which is retrofittable to any electric or cargo bike, will begin a charge as soon as a bike’s fork leg is parked, ideally within around 2cm to 4cm of a charge panel.
Sciyent, a start-up based in Zurich, Switzerland. We develop wireless charging devices for light electric vehicles (LEVs) such as pedelecs, e-bikes. e-mopeds, e-wheelchairs etc.
:
http://www.sciyent.com/

8)