More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Re: More E-bikes found in NON-ebike media

Post by LockH » Feb 28 2018 9:10am

^^ Groovy... `Cept my first electric two-wheeler had 12" pneumatic tires for negotiating "modern" urban landscapes aka crumbling city roads/surfaces... :lol:

Meanwhile... HEY! Looks like a "CAR"!... :cry:

Electric-assisted, pedal-powered vehicle sharing comes to UBC:
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... mes-to-ubc

Sigh...
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Feb 28 2018 9:29am

(They say:) Le plus grand journal anglophone du Québec!

Electric bicycles to ply downtown Laval:
http://www.thesuburban.com/news/electri ... a6755.html

Includes:
Power to the pedal

STL (la Société de transport de Laval), which has already announced that it will operate its first all-electric bus route, intends to implement a new innovation soon: Electric bicycles.

“We will initiate a pilot project which will entail electric bikes,” De Cotis declared in an interview, which permits cyclists to pick up a bicycle at one location and deposit it at bike stand in another location.
Hehe... "a new innovation"... :mrgreen:

BTW... (Wiki:)
Laval is a Canadian city in southwestern Quebec, north of Montreal. It forms its own administrative region of Quebec. It is the largest suburb of Montreal, the third largest municipality in the province of Quebec, and the thirteenth largest city in Canada with a population of 422,993 in 2016.
"north of Montreal"... like Toronto is "north of Ottawa, Capital-wise (see "Montreal")...

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 28 2018 4:13pm

(They say:)
A weekly newspaper covering Del Mar. Delivered to homes and racks on Thursdays.
(Wiki:)
Del Mar is a beach city in San Diego County, California. Del Mar is Spanish for "of the sea" or "by the sea," which reflects its location on the coast of the Pacific Ocean. The Del Mar Horse Races are hosted on the Del Mar racetrack every summer. In 1885, Colonel Jacob Taylor purchased 338 acres (1.37 km2) from Enoch Talbert, with visions of building a seaside resort for the rich and famous. The United States Navy operated a Naval Auxiliary Air Facility for blimps at Del Mar during World War II. The population was estimated at 4,311 in 2014, up from 4,161 at the 2010 census.
Electra Bicycle Company celebrates 25 years:
http://www.delmartimes.net/encinitas-ad ... story.html

Starts w/a pic:
(Captioned:) The Townie Go pedal-assist bike is one of the most popular models from Electra Bicycle Company, which is based in Encinitas and celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. (Courtesy)

8)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 28 2018 4:28pm

How Does It Feel Casually Putting 140 Miles In Two Weeks On An Electric Bicycle?:
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/28/fe ... c-bicycle/

Eeerrrm... like normal?... anyway...

Starts:
When a company with the name “Rad Power Bike” comes to you with an electric bicycle (e-bike), you can’t help but smile and hold back from saying: “Rad? Really? Hope you have something to show for it.” And the company did in a way we’d never expect with its Rad Rover e-bike.
... and the sub-title The SUV Of E-Bikes

Hehe... Author Nicolas Zart REALLY gotta get himself an electric (if he hasn't already...) :lol:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Feb 28 2018 10:17pm

As seen in ES Newz late last month/January...
Accell North America Launches 2018 Consumer-Centric Omnichannel Strategy
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p1352990

... and UPDATE... This month has hired a guy! Accell NA new "chief marketing and digital officer (CMO, CDO)" is great at marketing himself...:
http://stuartjohnson.co/

... and has worked for other "biggie" companies like Pepsi... Coros biking helmets (ESB "Search found 0 matches: Coros")... Newton Running (shoe company...)... Starbucks coffee... six years at Reebok... hehe... lots of life spent running and skiing... maybe bikes... not so much... yet. :wink:

Anyhoo... Accell North America Appoints Omnichannel Brand And Digital Leader:
https://sgbonline.com/accell-north-amer ... al-leader/

:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 12:13am

Hehe... Am trying to reserve Mondays for summing the flood of Ebike PR/Market Research reports ("Buy Me!")... but this one "caught my eye"?

Global Electric Bicycle Market Size 2018- (Moustache, M55, Gocycle, Wayscral, Rotwild (DE), Beistegui Hermanos and Haibike):
http://importantevents24.com/2018/03/01 ... moustache/

"Beistegui Hermanos" WHO? (ESB "Search found 0 matches: Beistegui Hermanos")...

Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beistegui_Hermanos

In part:
Beistegui Hermanos S.A. (BH) is a Spanish bicycle manufacturer founded in 1909 to make guns. In 1919, after World War I, BH began making bicycles. Prior to the Spanish Civil War, Beistegui Hermanos also produced firearms, specifically copies of the Ruby pistol (as the 1914 Model) and Mauser C96 (as the MM31 and MM34).

BH is in Vitoria-Gasteiz, capital of the Basque Country, Spain. During the 1960s, the main BH factory in Vitoria manufactured not just frames but everything from saddle to spokes and handlebar. Today, BH has two manufacturing and assembly facilities in Vitoria and another one in Águeda, Portugal. The facilities include CNC laser machining which also produces fitness equipment and parts for BMW and Mercedes Benz.

In the early 1990s, BH purchased Peugeot and founded Cycleurope. Cycleurope owns Bianchi, Peugeot and Gitane. In 1996, BH sold Cycleurope to concentrate on home markets of Spain and in Portugal. In 2001, it re-focused on the pan-European market .

BH manufactures 200,000 bicycles a year, 50% of which are exported to European countries other than Spain.
So. Gun manufacturer gets religion/"sees the light"... converts to electric bicycle manufacturing. :lol: Several dozen styles:
https://www.bhbikes.com/en_GB/bikes/ebikes

8) 8)
Last edited by LockH on Mar 01 2018 12:20am, edited 1 time in total.

BVH   100 W

100 W

Post by BVH » Mar 01 2018 12:15am

LockH wrote:
Feb 16 2018 11:00am
KDVR, virtual channel 31 (UHF digital channel 32), is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Denver, Colorado, United States.
FattE-Bikes:
http://kdvr.com/2018/02/16/fatte-bikes/

Starts:
FattE-Bikes is the first “locally born” electric bike company in Denver.
E-bikes are truly electric vehicles that can take the place of a car. Still legally a bicycle ebikes are the best of both worlds as they’re all the fun of biking but also effortlessly get you further faster since the bike does most the work. No more sweating, knee pains and no more hills! Electric bikes are the most widely sold electric vehicles in the world. FattE-Bikes are where recreation meets transportation.

Might pop up on YT one day... :
https://www.youtube.com/user/KDVRDenver/videos

:wink:

https://www.fattebikes.com/
I just ordered one of the SGT. Mingo Fatte-bikes. It's a 2018 model and due at the end of May. I really like the looks of this bike and have a few powertrain mods in-mind for it. It's coming with 1467 Watt Hours of capacity so about 1100 Watt Hours usable. I plan to use it primarily off-road on fire roads. Thanks for the post I quoted. That's the only way I would know of this brand. I had a lot of discussions and emails with one of the co-founders and was very pleased with the level of customer service He provided me.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 12:27am

Hehe... ". Thanks for the post"... Yer welcome. I might be in Canada, but it's still fun to see the rise of the ebike EVerywhere. :) Please let all know on ES re quality of product? EG percentage "Grin Factor" ya get? :lol: :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 12:41am

Hehe... Maybe file under "Get `Em Addicted at an Early Age" (to Bettery-Electric Traction)...

An Independent Newspaper
Published Every Thursday
Jamestown, RI 02835
Jamestown is a town in Newport County, Rhode Island in the United States. The population was 5,405 at the 2010 census. Jamestown is situated almost entirely on Conanicut Island, the second largest island in Narragansett Bay. It also includes the uninhabited Dutch Island and Gould Island. Jamestown is ranked as the 444th wealthiest place to live in the United States as of 2016, with a median home sale price of $1,229,039.
ALL REVVED UP WITH SOME PLACE TO GO
("Aidan Bailey gets set for motorcross contest in Atlanta"):
http://www.jamestownpress.com/news/2018 ... TO_GO.html

Starts:
Although he’s just three years removed from kindergarten, Aidan Bailey is gearing up for his national television debut.

The 8-year-old East Shore Road resident will compete against 14 riders Saturday during the KTM Junior Supercross Challenge at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, an event broadcast live at 10 p.m. on Fox Sports 1.
W/a pic:

:mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 2:24am

Owned and operated by Australian Associated Press (AAP), Medianet holds a unique position central to all media.

Backed by AAP for over 30 years, Medianet has been the leading supplier of communication solutions to public relations firms, government departments, corporate communications and not-for-profit organisations. With everything you need to research, target, share, track and connect with the media, we make your communications efforts as successful as possible.
5% duty free concession on E-bikes revoked: Win for Australian Manufacturing and Innovation:
http://www.medianet.com.au/releases/154885/

Starts:
In a coup for Australian manufacturers, the Federal Department of Home Affairs has approved Stealth Electric Bikes objection to the duty free import of Electric Power Assisted Bicycles into Australia. The concession has been in place since 2010 and allowed foreign made Electric Bicycles to be brought into Australia duty free, providing an instant 5% discount to all importers.
Wonder where the party is going on in Springvale... :D (FYI, `burb of Melbourne in Oz... aka Stealth home base...) :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 2:46am

Hehe... It may occur to some watt electric bikes are showing up more and more on these "Car-Centic" web sites. :wink:

AutoJosh is the No.1 car blog in Nigeria.

We provide real-time automobile news, articles and driving tips for existing and potential car users in Nigeria. We also have a forum which is always ready to answer all your car related questions.

Furthermore, our import duty portal gives you access to Nigeria Custom import duty of over 5,000 cars. This is a first of its kind in Nigeria.
peugeot-electric-bicycle-4:
https://autojosh.com/peugeot-unveils-n2 ... bicycle-4/

(According to my web browser - just the pics so far...) :lol:

Peueot eC01? ... not sure. (Maybe not trust sites from Nigeria.) :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 2:59am

Hehe...

Hi,
I’m interested in your titanium electric bike, I would like one demo. After successful testing and evaluation I will have a purchase order for 1,000 units. Also, if you can provide any available marketing documentation it would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike Sullivan
eBikeMike.weebly@gmail.com
386-843-9265 cell

Industry: Mountain Bike
Buying Frequency: Quarterly
Keywords: bike
https://www.eworldtrade.com/importers/e ... ke/142372/

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 3:26am

ACK!
Spotted In China: The Qifeng K7 Is Not An Electric Mercedes-Benz G-Class:
https://carnewschina.com/2018/03/01/spo ... z-g-class/

Includes:
They are a brilliant solution if you just need to move around in the city. Enough range to go shopping, they can park everywhere, and use the bicycle lane to get bye the traffic jams.
ACK!ACK!

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 7:03am

E-Bike Importers Asks EU Commission To Reject EBMA Registration Request:
Starts:
GENT, Belgium – The Collective of European Importers of Electric Bicycles has asked the European Commission to decline EBMA’s (European Bicycle Manufacturers Association) request for registration of imports. In a 13-page document, the Collective argues in great detail that there is no justification and necessity for such registration.
‘Unverifiable statistics’... Unsubstantiated allegations... Highly misleading... No evidence... Hehe... EMBA "concerns" might remind some of the horse-drawn carriage manufacturers putting up a fight about 100 years ago... :lol:
Last edited by LockH on Mar 01 2018 7:45am, edited 1 time in total.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 7:43am

ACK! Watt???....

The Times of Israel is an Israeli-based online newspaper launched in 2012. In February 2014, two years after its launch, The Times of Israel claimed a readership of two million. In 2017, readership increased to 3.5 million unique monthly users.
China’s bike-sharing titans roll into Startup Nation
("Mobike launches services as ofo plans to deploy some 1,000 bikes in Tel Aviv in the first half of 2018"):
https://www.timesofisrael.com/chinas-bi ... up-nation/

Starts:
The most disruptive technology in transportation this past year wasn’t an electric-powered vehicle or a self-driving car, but a human-powered, pedal-driven, single-track, two-wheeled bicycle.

In less than 18 months, two Chinese dock-less bike-sharing companies, Mobike and ofo, have become the fastest startups to produce valuations of $3 billion each, according to CB Insights.
Includes:
Tel Aviv’s existing docked bike-sharing platform, which consists of 2,000-plus aluminum bikes and 211 docking stations, has seen a steady decline in the number of users from 9,000 riders per day to 4,000, according to data from FSM Ground Services Ltd. (FSM), the company that services the system.

FSM said in a statement that the decline has been primarily due to the introduction of the electric bike, along with other issues.
:shock: :? :roll: Watt... So folks jumping aboard their own electric bikes is killing off bike share? :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 7:56am

ACK!... Watt?

UK bicycle import gloom fails to materialise as 2017 unit numbers and values rise :
https://cyclingindustry.news/uk-bicycle ... lues-rise/

Starts:
New data made available to members of the Bicycle Association has painted a brighter picture than anticipated in terms of both volume and value of imports landing in the UK.

A significant rally in Q4 saw the fully year tally total 2.85 million units, a 3% increase on 2016 numbers. Earlier projections had placed the likely import tally closer to 2.5 million units, which had set alarm bells ringing in the trade as that figure would represent around 1 million less bikes over the 2010 to 2015 averages. That period coincided with what was widely regarded as the ‘road boom’.

E-Bikes represented similar numbers to those registered in 2017, making up just 2% of all landed bikes at 63,000 units, but with 10% of the market value.
Includes:
The Bicycle Association is now in the process of commissioning a retail data audit in order to improve future market data at the point of sale. This, it is hoped, will help the bike business better understand sales trends in the market. A tender is currently out to four potential partners, one of which will be chosen by April. It is hoped that the audit will be up and running by the second half of 2018.
:roll:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 8:07am

Hehe... News from Oz getting passed around...

Some Australian e-bike sales get a sharp surprise with a new 5% tariff:
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/internat ... pf6HyVG21h

Starts:
CANBERRA, Australia (BRAIN) — The notification that specific e-bike imports into Australia must pay a 5 percent surcharge took the nation’s bicycle industry by surprise. And no wonder. The official notification, issued Feb. 14, was buried at the bottom of the last page of a 14-page government document — underneath new tariff considerations for tools used in the slaughter of goats.

Most of the nation’s bicycle industry only learned about the additional tariff Monday in an article posted by Australia’s cyclingtips.com.

The tariff will mean a price increase on e-bikes made in Taiwan, Europe and India. Countries with existing free-trade agreements with Australia — China, Cambodia, Indonesia and the U.S. — would be exempt from the additional tax.
(Party still going on at Stealth...)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 8:28am

Hehe... News re the Vintage bike getting BIGGER... expanding outside the surfing crowd... :)

Vintage special edition e-bike could replace the VW bus for chasing waves:
https://newatlas.com/vintage-electric-j ... ike/53624/

Starts:
Vintage Electric offers a few emission-free ways to get around California, and for its latest retro-inspired ride it has enlisted one the Golden State's most iconic figures.
Hehe... One old sailor wants a a Hobie Alter-branded recumbent electric trike. :twisted:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 9:05am

Mein Gott!

All over the news... eg:
German Court Hands Down A Death Sentence For Diseasel:
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/28/ge ... ce-diesel/

So... Anybuddy in Germany wanna buy any electric cargo trikes? :mrgreen:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 01 2018 2:28pm

News about those University of British Columbia trikes getting BIGGER...

Electric-assist trike pilot program rolls out across UBC campus:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/electric-assi ... 05066.html

:)

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 02 2018 1:53am

ESB "Search found 596 matches: Reid Welch"...

Bicyclist hit by car in Coconut Grove has message for motorists:
https://wsvn.com/news/local/bicyclist-h ... motorists/

Starts: COCONUT GROVE, FLA. (WSVN) - - A bicyclist who was hit by a car during a ride in Coconut Grove is warning motorists about sharing the road.

Reid Welch collided with a car while riding his electric bicycle in Coconut Grove Tuesday afternoon, and a camera on the bike managed to catch the crash.

:cry: :evil:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 02 2018 2:09am

"Electric Terry" interview part 2: The Ironbutt, Charger the dog and how EVs can support the power grid
https://newatlas.com/electric-terry-her ... ger/53626/

Starts:
I'd been on the road for a week or two, so I was itching to tug on a throttle cable when I got back to Santa Cruz. Luckily, thanks to the worldwide brotherhood of motorcycle people, a KTM Superduke fell in my lap thanks to Liza Miller of the Motorcycles & Misfits podcast community and I was able to get out on the road with some local riders.
Includes:
I did the Ironbutt, a thousand miles (1m609 km) in 24 hours, in 2014. I did about 150 miles (241 km) per charge, and I'd charge in a little under an hour using four J-plugs at a time. I had to find locations that had four next to each other, and I'd use them all.
... and:
I made 1,047 miles (1,685 km) in a little under 23 hours. I was the first guy to get an Ironbutt on an electric motorcycle. The President of the Ironbutt association sent me a note saying "we knew this was coming eventually, but we thought it was still a couple years out. Congratulations!"

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 02 2018 9:06am

(They say)
Mynewsdesk was founded in 2003 and offers all types of organizations a modern digital PR solution to engage with opinion leaders, customers, bloggers and other relevant audiences. Businesses create and share information on their terms to get increased exposure. Communicators handle and manage efficiently all their external communications in a newsroom where, for example, press releases, high-resolution images, and videos spread through the right channel, at the right time, to the right audience.
Stark Drive Electric Bike - A New Milestone in eBike Affordability Starting at $299, Ships Worldwide
http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/stark-driv ... de-2431597

:shock: Stark now muscling in on small wheel folder biz. :wink:

10 Best folding bikes for 2018:
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/group-test ... s-2-324714

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 02 2018 9:41am

The Canberra Times is a daily newspaper, published by Fairfax Media in Canberra.
... and:
Canberra is the capital city of Australia. With a population of 403,468, it is Australia's largest inland city and the eighth-largest city overall. The city is located at the northern end of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), 280 km (170 mi) south-west of Sydney, and 660 km (410 mi) north-east of Melbourne. A resident of Canberra is known as a "Canberran". Although Canberra is the capital and seat of government, many federal government ministries have secondary seats in state capital cities, as do the Governor-General and the Prime Minister.
(So... sorta like Ottawa is the "capital" of Canada... (see also Montreal... see also Toronto... see also Vancouver.) :wink:

Enlighten Festival: Ride around the lake and into Civic on e-bikes:
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 0wtxn.html

Starts:
This might just be the best way to take in the spectacle that is the Enlighten Festival: riding an electric bike dressed up with LED lights to add to the show.

Canberra Urban Adventures is running nightly e-bike tours around the central basin of Lake Burley Griffin and into Civic to see the Enlighten in all its glory.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Mar 02 2018 10:15am

SNJ Today began in 2013 as the brainchild of New Jersey businessman Ken Pustizzi. An innovative businessman, Ken saw an opportunity not only to expand a traditional broadcast media company into something greater, but to create a constructive, positive source of local news, information and entertainment.

The original broadcast company included an AM radio station and a limited local cable channel. With progressive planning and a great team, our company’s affiliates have come to include snjtoday.com, a website with on-demand videos and information that we also deliver through multiple social media channels.
South Jersey comprises the southern portions of the U.S. state of New Jersey between the lower Delaware River and the Atlantic Ocean. The designation of southern New Jersey with a distinct toponym is a colloquial one rather than an administrative one, reflecting not only geographical but also perceived cultural differences from the northern part of the state, with no official definition. Though definitions of South Jersey may vary, most (if not all) of South Jersey is generally considered to be part of the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area.
... and SNJ ain't so proud not to publish PR materials... :mrgreen:

Enjoy the New Semester with Airwheel Smart Electric Bikes:
http://www.snjtoday.com/story/37631137/ ... tric-bikes

Starts:
Now, it’s the middle of summer vacation. Sep. is a special month for all students, especially the graduates because it is the beginning of a new school year. Whether you’re going to study in high school or universities, a handy transport will make your school life efficient and interesting, say the Airwheel electric assist bikes.
:lol: