2 Speed Xiongda hubmotor

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Ozzzz
100 W
100 W

Re: 2 Speed Xiongda hubmotor

Post by Ozzzz » Apr 14, 2018 9:36 pm

I did see an email contact somewhere, but try again? She is usually pretty good (weekdays at least), iv'e used that channel many times now.

Ecyclist
100 W
100 W

Post by Ecyclist » Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Here you go:
Bonnie Xiong <bonnie@xiongdamotor.com.cn>

Ecyclist
100 W
100 W

Post by Ecyclist » Apr 17, 2018 7:32 pm

craiggor wrote:
Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am
When mine broke I noticed on pulling it apart there was only one spring in the clutch the pencil is pointing to it. In the line drawing there is 3. I asked Bonnie about this and she said that one was normal. I'm not an engineer but surely this is something to do with the clutch locking and breaking the sun gear.If I'm wrong then can someone tell me what is breaking the sun gear on roll back.
Nice catch. I read this thread from the beginning to the end two times and haven't seen anyone pointing it out.
How did your sungear break? Broken teeth or something else? Can you post photos of your damaged sungear taken from both sides?
I suspect that these gears are not all the same.

craiggor
100 W
100 W

Post by craiggor » Apr 19, 2018 3:47 am

Ecyclist wrote:
Apr 17, 2018 7:32 pm
craiggor wrote:
Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am
When mine broke I noticed on pulling it apart there was only one spring in the clutch the pencil is pointing to it. In the line drawing there is 3. I asked Bonnie about this and she said that one was normal. I'm not an engineer but surely this is something to do with the clutch locking and breaking the sun gear.If I'm wrong then can someone tell me what is breaking the sun gear on roll back.
Nice catch. I read this thread from the beginning to the end two times and haven't seen anyone pointing it out.
How did your sungear break? Broken teeth or something else? Can you post photos of your damaged sungear taken from both sides?
I suspect that these gears are not all the same.
See pages 42/49 of this thread for my pictures of the first time I striped both the sun gear and planetary gears.That day my clutch was rattling the most it ever had.I set off on the flat and it striped then I changed gear and it striped again. I stretched the spring which seems to have stopped the rattle. See pages55/56/58 for the second time I broke only the sun gear. This time it looked like the sun gear had deformened and picked up the rubber and metal bearing seal throwing that in to the gears and breaking the sun gear. Xiongda sent out a new improved sun gear that time.Great customer service the second time was 2 years after I bought the motor.

craiggor
100 W
100 W

Post by craiggor » Apr 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Bruce Teakle has a new video on you tube "Xiongda 2- speed hub motor with slipping motor magnets" link on the video to his blog on how he fixed it. He was lubricating and cooling the motor with ATF but does not know if the ATF caused the magnets to loosen because he has run another Xiongda with ATF for more miles.
Attachments
IMG_1221.jpg

parabellum
10 MW
10 MW

Post by parabellum » Apr 20, 2018 11:39 am

craiggor wrote:
Apr 19, 2018 4:58 pm
Bruce Teakle has a new video on you tube "Xiongda 2- speed hub motor with slipping motor magnets" link on the video to his blog on how he fixed it. He was lubricating and cooling the motor with ATF but does not know if the ATF caused the magnets to loosen because he has run another Xiongda with ATF for more miles.
It is probably ATF and magnet adhesive combination. In my early intent of ATF cooling I spined magnets of 3x early Mxus 500W motors in ~ 1 month to 1 year of ATF and newer had issue on 1x 1000W GM and 1x Crystalite HS35. Recent Mxus motors use other adhesive.
I just glued magnets back on with slow automotive 2 component "JB" weld. Be sure to clean everything before that.