D-Man

100 kW

To my knowledge, they're all mixable so long as:

the mixing is in series,

each chemistry by itself can provide sufficient current,

some sort of monitoring is done such that no chemistry is drained completely while the other(s) still have charge,

and proper chargers are used to charge each chemistry separately.

Any voltage source will suffice if it meets these requirements. Heck, you could wire a fuel cell in series with your SLAs so long as it could provide the amps and not become a current-restricting bottleneck.

D-Man said:
Ok, just got back from a couple runs. With only 1 nicad pack hooked up, Voltage was around 55 volts. No load speed was 30.9 mph. The bike ripped a 24.8 mph pass at 40 psi. Did it again, same speed. Man was it fun! What a difference in acceleration! Think I'll have to rig a switch or something. :twisted:

Booster packs are addictive aren't they? Pretty soon you'll simply want a higher voltage main pack :lol:

Lowell said:
D-Man said:
Ok, just got back from a couple runs. With only 1 nicad pack hooked up, Voltage was around 55 volts. No load speed was 30.9 mph. The bike ripped a 24.8 mph pass at 40 psi. Did it again, same speed. Man was it fun! What a difference in acceleration! Think I'll have to rig a switch or something. :twisted:

Booster packs are addictive aren't they? Pretty soon you'll simply want a higher voltage main pack :lol:

I think we hooked another one :twisted:

YES!
tip:
use a HI/OFF/LOW toggle
when the controller blows
u will appreciate OFF

Ok, just got back from a couple runs. With only 1 nicad pack hooked up, Voltage was around 55 volts. No load speed was 30.9 mph. The bike ripped a 24.8 mph pass at 40 psi. Did it again, same speed. Man was it fun! What a difference in acceleration! Think I'll have to rig a switch or something.

That's great! You also might want to attach a voltmeter to your handlebars to watch the voltage on your boost pack. One downside to a small boost pack is the ease at which the cells can be reversed (shorted...killed...) as the boost pack drains fast compared to the main pack. Another possibility is to make a low voltage cutoff by using the boost pack to power a high-amp relay. If you get the disengage voltage right, when the boost pack is drained, the relay will open, cutting any more power from the boost pack by routing the main pack power around it.

$4 switch and a $3 DVM is real easy.

Lowell said:
D-Man said:

zatz vye

eye zay.....

TOORBOUGH ULL-ZEVEIGH!!!

Don't think I've seen to many small digital volt meters.

Not super small, but only $10 or so:
http://tinyurl.com/ld8nb

(http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/385/Meters_(Panel).html)

Yeah that guage is small enough. It says 3.5 digit but how high does it really go in volts or what is the range? Ok, I see it. 200 volts

Did some bench testing and cycling of my small nicad packs using a spotlight drawing around 5 amps. Looks like the one I was using is a little weak and has loss some of its top end voltage. But the other one seems to be pretty healthy. I plugged that one in and ripped a 26.2 mph pass.(private road) I rounded the corner and it was holding at 25 down the next stretch. Rounded the next corner into a little head wind and it dropped to 24 mph. Seemed to get around 2 miles out of this one with hard throttle. :)

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
zatz vye

eye zay.....

TOORBOUGH ULL-ZEVEIGH!!!

AH HA! NOW I get it! 8)

Oh, I mean - nowv eye getzing it. :p (good, no good, better luck next time?!?!)

I can't believe i'm reading about the equivalent of a nitrous oxide kit on here! :shock: You guys are too much! :lol:

Sorry, shutting up now. :D

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh wrote:
zatz vye

eye zay.....

TOORBOUGH ULL-ZEVEIGH!!!

AH HA! NOW I get it!

Call me dense, but I don't get it yet.

Turbo That's-The-Way?
Turbo Rides-All-Day?
Turbo Outta-My-Way?
Turbo Pulls-One-Way?
Turbo Goes-His-Own-Way?
Turbo Knows-The-Way?
To Go Up, Up, & Away?
Turbo Rules-The-Lane?
Turbo Rules-The-Day?
Turbo Uses The Right-of-Way?
Turbo's A Fool Today?
Turbo's Cool That Way?
Turbo Swims-The-Bay?
Turbo Schools-The-Way?
Turbo Shoo's Flies Away?
Turbo Pulls-His-Weight?
Turbo Shovels Hay?
Turbo Needs-A-Lay?
Turbo Goes-Both-Ways?
Turbo Could-Be-Gay?
Turbo Pulls-Wheelies?
Turbo Rolls EV's?

C'mon,
Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh, help me please!

Don't get it either, I figure: "Turbo all's EV." implied: for great justice.

Reid Welch said:
Finally I can give up respecting the presumed exotic ethnicity...

or is that ethotic exnicity?

Well that alone has made it all worthwhile. :D
I'm sure you would have gotten it sooner had I gone with my second choice, the more refined french 'Turbeau'. Has quite the ring to it.

But I thought I'd best stick with what I know. The thing to remember with exotic ethnicity, just like germans themselves is that they're best in small doses. :)

To make up for it let me help you out with the pronunciation of 'xyster' with a little help from german inflection. If I've followed his posts on the subject correctly, then a suitable rhyming pnemonic would be 'xyster-meister'. Hope I got it right! :oops:

To make up for it let me help you out with the pronunciation of 'xyster' with a little help from german inflection. If I've followed his posts on the subject correctly, then a suitable rhyming pnemonic would be 'xyster-meister'. Hope I got it right!

Correct you are. Now, so far as your confounding nom de plume, how about taking pity on poor, frustrated, dumb-as-plaster Xyster Meister and just tell me the answer!

Or is this one of those deviously aggravating inside practical jokes where the joke is there is no joke; for hour-after-brain-racking hour I'm being played by you and Reid both?
It wouldn't surprise me a tag-team twosome of terrible teutons would take advantage of a lone, genetically inferior hungarian....:? :wink:

xyster said:
Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh wrote:
zatz vye

eye zay.....

TOORBOUGH ULL-ZEVEIGH!!!

AH HA! NOW I get it!

Call me dense, but I don't get it yet.

Turbo That's-The-Way?
Turbo Rides-All-Day?
Turbo Outta-My-Way?
Turbo Pulls-One-Way?
Turbo Goes-His-Own-Way?
Turbo Knows-The-Way?
To Go Up, Up, & Away?
Turbo Rules-The-Lane?
Turbo Rules-The-Day?
Turbo Uses The Right-of-Way?
Turbo's A Fool Today?
Turbo's Cool That Way?
Turbo Swims-The-Bay?
Turbo Schools-The-Way?
Turbo Shoo's Flies Away?
Turbo Pulls-His-Weight?
Turbo Shovels Hay?
Turbo Needs-A-Lay?
Turbo Goes-Both-Ways?
Turbo Could-Be-Gay?
Turbo Pulls-Wheelies?
Turbo Rolls EV's?

C'mon,
Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh, help me please!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but seriously.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanx for that list, it's the funniest thing I've read all year! :lol:
And thank you very much for the much needed good old fashioned ROTFLMAO.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

From everything I've seen, you're far from being dense. You just have to see it from the proper perspective is all. Like those pictures you look at cross-eyed for hours just to see it's a horsie. You've nearly got it figured, so telling you at this point would also prove to be equally anti-climactic. Besides I wouldn't want to deprive you of that same satisfying 'AH-HA' :!: moment that 'andrewTO' experienced.

Perhaps you missed my post in the 'pulse & glide' thread where I basically explained it all. It was enuf for Tyler Durden clue in from that, but then he always struck me as a sophistimacated big city college boy. :)

To repeat it here, the name is a take-off on the title of a Christmas movie. Actually, I want to thank you for clueing me in on the back story re: your location information as I've never seen the bumper sticker in question & took your description literally. My nom-de-guerre is of the same kind of derivation, but with an accent.

If you need something more, then I'll confirm that your number one is oh-so-close. Put pieces of one & two together & you're done.

:lol:

I never saw that movie. Didn't even remember it until I googled it. Perhaps that's why I'm not getting it? hmmm.... an enigma atop a riddle askew six degrees north by northwest of a mystery....

Ever watch Conan O'Brien & his animated lips segment where he interviews guvner Arnie? :lol:

You're overthinking this.
You give me too much credit, I'm not that clever. :oops:

Just clear your mind of all distractions & let the gutteral Austrian baritone reverberate thru your head as you chant the mantra...

toor-bough-ull-ze-veigh...

:lol:

You're overthinking this.

I get that a lot. Though I try and try to understand why, I can't seem to see what others see in me.
Just clear your mind of all distractions & let the gutteral Austrian baritone reverberate thru your head as you chant the mantra...

OK.

To go all the way?

Tour boat hull at bay?

To vote for a say?

Tore through all the way?

This....

could go on all day...

Back