Hi ..... thinking about it

AndrewTO

1 mW
Hi all!

Newest registered member reporting for ..... duty?

I've been toying with the idea of building an e-bike. Very intriguing to use it to get to work and back instead of a car. Well, okay, on the not-raining days anways!

Still trying to evaluate some of the pros and cons before I start spending money. So many questions, so much searching to do! I only knew of 3 or 4 hub kits and reading here ..... whoa, lots of learning to do. More than I thought.

A quick 'about me' - cycling enthusiast, car guy, tinkerer of things many, I am mechanically inclined ..... working more on the electrically inclined part (although I can install a car stereo juuuust fine, thank you very much :lol: ). This year is a big one for me as i'm getting myself "in deep" into making things. So far this year i've started playing with carbon fiber manufacturing and in about 4 weeks I start a welding course at a local college night school. THAT should be interesting.

I'm hoping all this might one day have me riding my own 50mph-capable e-trike. :p I'll stick with a bike first, though. Easier and I have plenty of parts to build up a bike to start with.

I DO have one question, though - something that's been bugging the crap outta me! I'll start another thread about it - too much introductory blabbing here. :?

So, yeah ..... HI!

p.s. - don't know if you're here or not, Dom, but THANKS for letting me know about this place man! :D

AndrewTO said:
This year is a big one for me as i'm getting myself "in deep" into making things. So far this year i've started playing with carbon fiber manufacturing.....

Making your own Carbon fibers? That is getting "in deep"... :)

Welcome

You are in the right place my friend! the demise of V is for Voltage was really very short as this board has attracted most of the good guys and a few rotten ones :lol: as well! he he me bad :twisted:

But seriously there are so many helpful people on here, I have a 40mph electric bmx a 50mph 3 wheeler and 2 x 40mph electric bikes! just need an electric submarine and a speedboat and I am just about done :lol:

Enjoy, this group is full of some amazing people with great ideas and even greater rides, just go check some of the threads, I hope you feel inspired!

EV is the future!!! be a pioneer! like all of us! :p

Knoxie ...hiccup!! ah haa ha Zinfandel California... I thank You!! :wink:

knoxie said:
Welcome

You are in the right place my friend! the demise of V is for Voltage was really very short as this board has attracted most of the good guys and a few rotten ones :lol: as well! he he me bad :twisted:

But seriously there are so many helpful people on here, I have a 40mph electric bmx a 50mph 3 wheeler and 2 x 40mph electric bikes! just need an electric submarine and a speedboat and I am just about done :lol:

Enjoy, this group is full of some amazing people with great ideas and even greater rides, just go check some of the threads, I hope you feel inspired!

EV is the future!!! be a pioneer! like all of us! :p

Knoxie ...hiccup!! ah haa ha Zinfandel California... I thank You!! :wink:

Don't worry, knoxie, I know all about you. Oh, I mean all of you. :lol:

Yup, been reading a lot and realizing there's more to it then I thought (at least with what I want).

I'm at the point now where I need to start a thread about what i'm finding/after, so ..... off I go.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! :wink:

You know all bout me :shock:

Ha ha

Of course he he, I am bollywood right now! he he no seriously! if we can help we will for sure you need some advice!!

There are so many decent folks on here, for real technical look to fechter for real world advice Reid and Xyster have been there, also knightmb and Devin d man are real rodeo stars.

There are so many more on here its hard to list, bookmark it though and hang around!

Knoxie

Yes, welcome aboard.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, because we haven't really organized the newbie resources so you can find it yourself. Stuff changes so fast it's hard to keep current anyway.

Post pics of whatever you do, even if it's real simple or klugy. Ratbikes and sleepers rule.

Back