Cycle Analyst Showing 300 watts at Idle

upward

1 W
Wondering if anyone has seen this occurrence. On my commute to work this morning, everything was working fine. Then halfway through the commute, I noticed that my cycle analyst 2.3 was showing around 300 watts when I was coasting. i stopped my bike and it was still showing around 300 watts. When I started moving again and added throttle, it showed a watt value that correlated with my throttle changes, but was adding 300 watts to the value. At this point, I was unsure whether my battery was draining at idle. The controller and motor didn't seem unusually warm. When I continued on my trip, I went up a big hill where I usually get a good amount of voltage sag. This didn't occur, so I was thinking the extra 300 watts was not really discharging from my battery. I arrived at work and charged my bike. It took much less time to charge to full then expected based on my cycle analyst amps used total. So I am thinking that the 300 watts reading at idle is a "calibration" type issue with my cycle analyst. Funny thing is that 20 feet from my commute destination, the watt reading went back to 13 watts (typical because I have a headlight). Brought my bike into work and turned it on again and the Cycle analyst again read around 300 watts.

Next steps: I'll look at the connections from the CA to the controller and controller to motor. Also throttle connection. Inspect, unplug, replug.

I have a MXUS Direct Drive Motor with Infineon 6 Fet Controller and Ping 48v 15 amp battery. Been running this setup for two years and this is the first time I've seen this.
Wondering if you've seen this and how you resolved.

Regards,
upward

Quick update - I unplugged all of the controller connections then replugged. CA now shows zero at idle. i will find out soon during my commute home whether it will revert back.

It should be as easy as it looks. 300W watts power with no mechanical movement is 300W of heat. Case 1: You will locate this easily, touch motor, controller, battery and wires, there must be anything too hot at contact. Case 2: You won't locate any heat focus, there are not 300W wasted anywhere, CA should be in any way calculating wrong V or A values.

Thanks for the advice Nobuo. I commuted home yesterday and back to work this morning with no further recurrence of the issue. So i believe it was case 2, where my CA was showing the wrong value. I suspect it may be a glitch between the CA and the controller related to the cruise control from the controller, but this is only a guess. Hopefully just a one time event but definitely better than case 1.

Back