List of available e-bike frame kits/DIY frame kits

macribs

10 MW
Would you like a custom e-bike frame? A frame that shields the battery pack and controller from the weather and wondering eyes?
Make your very own e-bike and jump start the build process by getting a ready made e-bike frame kit. So what is a frame kit for e-bikes? Well that is your platform to anchor the rest of your part to. Bolt on you needed parts and you got yourself an e-bike.

To help people looking for a frame kit as a platform for their e-bike build I have made this listing. As times goes by I will try to add any and all new frame kit that becomes available in order to keep the listing of e-bikes updated.

On a practical note these frame kits consist of frame with a battery/controller box to shield the parts from weather, criminals, and reducing the chance of puncturing one or more cells in the case of e-bike incident. The frame kits also include swing arm and torque arms. The frame kit is your starting point. All you need to do is bolt on the rest of the parts.

The conclusive list of e-bike frames for DIY e-bike builds.

Click on the spoiler tag for each frame to see pics.

file.php
pdyv5Mw.jpg
0S1Upt4.jpg
Qulbix-Q76R.png
VnUfAYt.jpg
49853187385532_small2.jpg

25003195222881.jpg
file.php
20140620_161639_zpscee1ae5f.jpg
Cro8.jpg
file.php
Assault_amp_Battery_zps84e3632c.jpg
JTPT8yKl.jpg
GQpV9aOl.jpg
file.php
greenframe_zpse89490f2.png
7WEB.jpg
2WEB.jpg
2cgjuhs.jpg
2iid8cg.jpg
file.php
20150330_231059.jpg
Left%20View.png
There are also custom made frames. Samd does custom frame work. He can turn a regular DH into a custom e-bike. He even does cruisers.

file.php

29205a061fe311e387a522000aeb4589_7_large.jpg
10540238_424508507687657_1134449753_n_large.jpg
file.php

macribs said:
The Russian's are coming strong with a new frame this spring this http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67201
The frame comes in three sizes. Heavy, medium and light.
:D

Thanks for the list. Good to have them all together.

Sure NP. It starts to be a whole lot to read up on regarding all different frames these days so I thought it would be good to have them all listed in one place. If there are other frame kits I have forgotten or if the vendors would like other info/pics/specs/whatever in the thread just pm me and I will update first post.

Indeed! Great way to jumpstart research into this class of frame. Momentum is clearly growing in the world of ebikes, both DIY and global manufacturers.

One point is the grey-p is not offered as a kit according to their site. The greyborg frame kit is (was?) the DIY frame. For that matter, it seems these are two separate business entities. Maybe Zombiees or AlanB can offer more insight to the evolution.

Yeah I figured it might be some kind of fork because of the weird URL. So they are doing Greyborg ready-made-e-bikes completely build?
I will contact the site owner and ask for more information, and I when I get that I can change the Greyborg to either croatia or zombiess site.

How about suspension trikes.

http://www.veloverde.net/recumbent-cycles/recumbent-trikes/steintrikes/steintrike-classic-frame-kits.html

otherDoc

dustyearlobe said:
shame about your choice off pictures ,,you seem to favor the vector,,

No you are wrong. I just picked the images I know of. As I have vector I knew of many Vector and E-kross images. If you or anyone have ideas for better pics for any of the frame kits just pm me the link I will change pics. I think I also mentioned that in the very first post. That I would change, add or delete pics upon requests.
Are there any pics in particular you want me to add? A link in pm is all it takes.

Btw I think both NYX, Raptor, 4 motus have great pics too. There was also a rather good collection of Greyp, as I thought that was greyborg evolution MK 2. When I realized Greyp is not the same as Greyborg I made changes and deleted greyp as they are not a frame kit.

To know of all frame kits or the best pics of them is a tall order for one man, so with your help we can make the list more complete with even nicer looking pics. But that requires that people pitch in.

macribs said:
dustyearlobe said:
shame about your choice off pictures ,,you seem to favor the vector,,

No you are wrong. I just picked the images I know of. As I have vector ,
,,,thought so
I think I also mentioned that in the very first post.,,,,,
,,read it didnt see any such thing,,
,,,,, That I would change, add or delete pics upon requests.

Btw I think both NYX, Raptor, 4 motus have great pics too. There was also a rather good collection of Greyp, as I thought that was greyborg evolution MK 2. When I realized Greyp is not the same as Greyborg I made changes and deleted greyp as they are not a frame kit.

To know of all frame kits or the best pics of them is a tall order for one man, so with your help we can make the list more complete with even nicer looking pics. But that requires that people pitch in.
All in All a good idea, just the links would of done it ,personal preference always takes president and thats what you would be posting,finding bad images and requesting them posted ,how would you know when you havnt taken the time ,,,,what would of been more usefull, was a page people could tell about what they thought was wrong with a frame,rather than a( look at this) page ,as somtimes things are not what they look like ,and the inexperienced will normally buy what looks good to them, not what is good :| ..

If you or anyone else would like to discuss the various frame, pros and cons I think that would be proper to do in the thread. We all have different needs, beauty is in the eye etc so what one person finds sufficient might for others be just wrong. And people should feel free to ask for other peoples opinion regarding how to choose a frame kit as a base for build.

So knock yourself out and debate, ask Q's or simply tell the world what you chose and why. People looking into the thread can decide for them self how deep they are going to drill this thread if thread grows large. At least they are guided to the various frame kits easily from post number 1.

dustyearlobe said:
All in All a good idea, just the links would of done it ,personal preference always takes president and thats what you would be posting,finding bad images and requesting them posted ,how would you know when you havnt taken the time ,,,,what would of been more usefull, was a page people could tell about what they thought was wrong with a frame,rather than a( look at this) page ,as somtimes things are not what they look like ,and the inexperienced will normally buy what looks good to them, not what is good :| ..

I am not sure if you are saying I did intentionally choose bad pics for some frame kits or if you are calling me a lazy bum? In which case I must say, really?

Why keep whining about it, start your own damn thread and put exactly what you like in there. Or rather then sounding like my ex wife you could contribute yourself with additional links, info whatever you feel is needed in this thread. Two posts and you have contributed zero. Just pls stop sounding like you go trough menopause.

If this sounds harsh it is because that was my intention as I read and interpreters your post as you gunning for me personally and I can not see that I have put myself in that position so that such behavior is called for.

If I got lost in translation and misread your post I pardon for that.

I think it would be quite helpful to include the direct link to the supplier's website. Having that in addition to the ES thread would make it very easy for someone doing research to get up to speed quickly as to what the ES community and mfg. has to say.

You might create two groups. This may be a bit controversial but it seems like those kits one can actually buy now would be in one tier and others that are in various states from announcing a kit to being short of actually delivering kits would be the second.

For example, Silver Bullet hardly warrants a mention in this list unless there is an official website describing the product, pricing, and availability.

I've recently seen a few gasser bike folks now advertising epowered kits. Not surprisingly, there is not posting on this growing option. I'll pass a few along as I come across them again.

sorry as you have started being insulting (whinning ect)why i do not know ,simply directing your attentions ,hadn't realized there was a nerve to hit :p carry on i will not be apart of your self involved thread

subscribed. good thread!

cwah said:
best value frames are the vector frames?

Best value is not one specific frame kit, all depends on what you are looking for what is the . If you are looking for mid drive then no. Or if you are looking for monocoque frame also no. If you are in the market for a frame kit for hub motor with reasonable big battery box and are on a budget I think vector/e-kross <re good choices as they are lower priced then the others.

But people must decide for them self what they are looking for and that is why I made this thread so it would be easier to get a feel for what is out there and what the different options costs.

Btw I will redo post #1 during this weekend to meet requests from other ES members. If there is anything any of you like to add, remove, or display differently let me know I will see if that can be arranged.

I'm curious to see the small frame from andreym. the existing large and medium versions are designed very well with very good materials^^

I own two vectors and i very like the large battery space, handling and the look. BUT its heavy compared to the strength, needs modifiactions to keep out rain and water from the battery case, and on one of my frames i had a problem with swingarm and damper alignment which was caused by poor welding job of the pivot tube.

The Greyborg probably is one of the lightest frames, but when i had one in hand i was not happy with the quality. the sidecovers are fragile, its impossible to make it waterproof, poor laser cut dropouts (the surfaces which clamp the axle).

thanks for this list!

Forgot all about this thread, if anyone spot any frame kits I have forgot to mention pls let me know and I will update the thread accordingly.

Back