NewB, Bagang 750 best option for me?

ajeagle6921

100 µW
Thank you in advance for those that are willing to give advice. I have been looking over this forum for few days and think I have set up pick out but want to confirm with the experts here.

I have a Trek 29" hardtail that I use to mountain bike and I weigh 200 lbs. I live about a 10 mile round trip from some great trails in East Tennessee that is pretty hilly to get to. Want something to make trip easier. Originally looked at friction drives like add-e then I discovered hub and now mid drives.

I am thinking a good set up for me would be the 750 watt Bagang. Curious to hear peoples thoughts. Thanks again.

I have read a decent amount and would like opinion from some experts on here since there is so much knowledge on this forum. Thanks.

Just note that people say it does not like to shift under power. There are three mods to fix that.

1. Modify the left brake with a HWBS to cut power.

2. Keppler's circuit.

3. A $99 device that senses shifts and cuts power.

Also note that it is flawed by not have a way to sense torque so is a crummy substitute for a Bosch mid-drive. I would feel bad if they soon came out with a BBS03 to address these two issues.

Need to know the grade and length of some of the tougher hills.

Need to know if you specifically want to pedal or are ok with just riding like an electric moped.

Need to know if you are ok with 20 MPH speed.

The hils vary from steep grades and mid length to long and mid steepness.

I do want to be able to use throttle for times I need it on steep hills but would like to be able to peddle and have it give me assistance as well.

Would like to be able to go 25mph on road

I think the BBS02 will be a great option. Try to get a battery that fits in the triangle! Also the Lekkie 42t chainring is a must for increasing climbing ability and improving the chainline.

Two things to check on your bike: what is the BB width? 73mm ok, if its older it may have 68mm which is even better, over 73mm is a problem.

Also, will a 42t chainring fit or will it hit the chainstay?

Back