Has anyone tried one of these Chinese enduro bikes?

rsilvers

1 kW
It has a CA on it - they don't seem to be cutting any corners.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3kw-7-Speed-50-MPH-enduro_60305490177.html?spm=a2700.7724838.38.8.IrGnkf

Looking for holes in this build... but I can't find any. Shipping on these for a single bike could be quite expensive and bring the price up to that of what we would normally expect for such a build... but still cheaper than similar builds by about a grand. No mention of regen braking on the listing, but easy enough to modify for.

I paid $1200 surface shipping for a 600 lb machine that came in a crate that would hold at least four of these bikes.

FWIW, I think I have seen some of those pics on their site in one of the threads here on ES. Possibly someone's build thread. If so, it would not be the first time a site like that has taken pics (and even ad copy) from somewhere else, and used them for their own product (assuming they actually even have a product at all).

FWIW, since this isn't a review or a test (unless you've purchased one and are going to post the results here) this doesn't belong in this forum, and I'll move it to ebike general if there is not going to be a review/test in it.

i contacted them and they say they will not deliver the bike within china. they could not say why there is this policy. also waiting time would be two months because they dont have the controller for it.

Just a matter of time before a E bike like that will be much more common and the price will drop to the point were the Stealth bombers HPC and other high end builders will be pushed out as E bikes become more common and main stream , as for that ad for now beware .

rider95 said:
Just a matter of time before a E bike like that will be much more common and the price will drop to the point were the Stealth bombers HPC and other high end builders will be pushed out...
They will be pushed UP, hopefully :wink:

joe81 said:
i contacted them and they say they will not deliver the bike within china. they could not say why there is this policy. also waiting time would be two months because they dont have the controller for it.

As was mentioned in another thread, there are commonly speed limits on e-bikes in many cities in China. The limits are applied to the device. These may be too fact to be sold in China.

Something is definitely wrong. Smells of a bit of a scam, or at least a bit of poetic licence used in the ad. You won't get a bike from China with a Cycle Analyst attached! The photo clearly shows one.

but what if i only want to use it for sports on a track. selling in china should be ok..?!

looks like the same bike advertised as stealth bomber 50 KPH NOT MPH: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Stealth-bomber-50km-h-9-speed_60326835791.html

OBVIOUSLY SMALLER MOTOR

I bought the raw frame. I'm pretty impressed with the quality and construction, and I'm excited to put it together. Full build below:

Front Suspension: DNM USD-8 dual crown - new black version (Amazon).
Rear Suspension: DNM Burner RCP-2 (the top bracket on the frame is adaptable for different lengths, but 110mm is probably optimal) (Amazon).

Battery: Custom construction. 32 x 10AH prismatic LiFePO4 in 16S 2P arrangement for a total of 48v (nominal), 20 AH. (Disassembled a battery I had from Gary Salo - Golden Motor Canada, upgrading the housing, busbars, and BMS).

BMS: High-Rate V5 BMS from PingBattery.

Motor: MXUS XF40 45H, 3T winding (Kinaye)
Wheels: 19" by 1.6" motocross rims (Kinaye)
Tires: Shinko 244 Dual Sport (Canadasmotorcycle.ca)
Controller: 18 fet Infineon (Kinaye)

Notes on the frame:

It comes with a square taper bottom bracket installed (seems this is a bit old-school, according to my local bike shop. They only had one crankset in stock that fit).
The plastic panels are attached with red anodized aluminum bolts which I think are kind of cheesy. I'm replacing them with black steel bolts and rubber washers.
The front and rear suspension fit perfectly, very easy installation.

Any more info Teaux? I'm considering ordering two of these and wondered what the wait was like for delivery / shipping cost / ease of ordering etc?
Anything you can share would be most appreciated. :D

I don't know how I missed this particular thread, as it's EXACTLY the project I was also building (In my Bedroom lol) during, these months this post was active.
OK so I also bought just the EEB frame set (direct tho not thru em3ev) Dealing with the company was actually very easy, just as it's China there is an obv time difference and a small not terrible, peculiar language used but otherwise it was a easy to communicate what I wanted.
Controller * 18fet 65a lyen edition 4110
Shocks Zoom 680DH front and DNM air shock 200 * 55 rear
Leafmotor 1500w with 7sp derailleur
CAv3 Dash
Zoom hydraulic brake 203mm rotor
Custom 76v nom lifepo4 30ah 3c-8c with 60a-120a bms
and lots mor guess I should show my build pics in a thread.

Frame is awesome tho so far in testing, really feels solid at higher than usual speeds.

rsilvers said:
It has a CA on it - they don't seem to be cutting any corners.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3kw-7-Speed-50-MPH-enduro_60305490177.html?spm=a2700.7724838.38.8.IrGnkf
korpin said:
looks like the same bike advertised as stealth bomber 50 KPH NOT MPH: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Stealth-bomber-50km-h-9-speed_60326835791.html

OBVIOUSLY SMALLER MOTOR
I'm about to get my first electric bike and found your two posts by coincidence, so thanks for these links.
I have a couple of questions about these bikes though, and hope someone can answer.

How easy is it to charge these bikes while you are in a location far away from home?
Example usage: I want to travel some 53 Kilometers (32 miles), once there I would like to be able to park the bike take out the battery, get the battery and charger inside the local railway station and charge the battery there. And then continue driving some extra 40 kilometers or so.

This would require the bikes to give easy access to removing the battery, and hopefully the charger which accompany these bikes won't weigh 3 Kg and break my back in the process.
Are these bikes good for this purpose, or will I need some other type of electric bikes?

And I noticed one of these bikes have "72v 20ah lifepo4 lithium battery", while the other bike probably has a standard lithium battery pack. Will there be any complications in charging this "lifepo4" battry in my example usage? I heard something about it being extra annoying to charge a lifepo4 battery, but I don't know if there is truth to that.

MadRhino said:
rider95 said:
Just a matter of time before a E bike like that will be much more common and the price will drop to the point were the Stealth bombers HPC and other high end builders will be pushed out...
They will be pushed UP, hopefully :wink:

Yes, as they have become more popular the prices have risen for the average bike buy about a third in recent years. Figures taken from the dutch market.

Back