Insane RPM @ 120% on a 20" Pie.. 48v battery.

10 kW
I have a 48v 20ah NMC battery hooked up to an Ecrazy 12 fet controller, running a 20" cast pie, and at 120% speed setting at 3/4 throttle the wheel RPM just goes insane and hits the roof.. So I set it up to 100% and the issue vanishes and the wheel runs perfectly normal.

I ran a switch out from the X1 pad from the controller, and programmed it to switch to default 2 @100% and X1 120%, and rode this thing, and the speed is translated into torque, high current allowed just makes this bike hoon along the dirt.

Anyone else has this exciting pretty awesome controller issue?

[youtube]2pvO4i2XeRY[/youtube]

Check it out the frequency is 7 tones higher so the RPM must over 25% faster in 120% mode.

The issue exists in that it open up to WOT when I apply about 3/4 applied throttle in 120% mode. It is nice to have it as a boost switch, but you get a bit of a sore neck running it like this as a default setting, the bike takes off like a rocket in 120% speed mode. Im almost getting 150% increases with the wind a bit in in my favor. I will get a bike speedometer soonish I will give us a top speed on this hub, a couple of days.

317537 said:
I have a 48v 20ah NMC battery hooked up to an Ecrazy 12 fet controller, running a 20" cast pie, and at 120% speed setting at 3/4 throttle the wheel RPM just goes insane and hits the roof.. So I set it up to 100% and the issue vanishes and the wheel runs perfectly normal.

I ran a switch out from the X1 pad from the controller, and programmed it to switch to default 2 @100% and X1 120%, and rode this thing, and the speed is translated into torque, high current allowed just makes this bike hoon along the dirt.

Anyone else has this exciting pretty awesome controller issue?
Yes, i have..

On a minimoto with Big Block motor at 72v and a chinese 2000w controller - at normal speed setting its all well and 40kph top speed but att max setting (3-way switch) everything goes CRAZY! Throttle is On or off above 40kph and the power is 3 times higher. Extremely awkward!

I bought a Kelly mini 80a instead so now its drivable. :)

https://youtu.be/c3GmfBY6Kyo

Back