Bafang BBS02 jerky under load

Red540

1 µW
Hello all,
Thanks for looking over this, i appreciate any input. I am very new to the Ebike world and have just recently installed a Bafang BBS02 on a Giant Cypress (hybrid).
Everything ran awesome for the first 100 km (I'm from Aus) when the crank came loose, thinking nothing of it i tightened it a lot more. Now when I"m on a hill in a harder gear at slow speeds the bike motor is jerky (pulsates or stutters) when using PAS, I'm sure it didn't do this at the beginning. A similar problem happened to my brothers but this was fixed by tightening the mounting plate, however i can not tighten mine any more without breaking something. The bike is still very ridable however it is just not very forgiving to whatever gear i am in. Additionally it happened yesterday when i was coming up a hill in the easiest gear using PAS but this time it also shuttered it rapid succession (shiver or fibrillation).

So to be concise under load at slow speeds only with PAS the bike motor is jerky (pulsates or stutters).

Has anyone experienced this or can give any advice?

Cheers

Animalector said:
Was this ever resolved? Mine is doing something similar changed some settings in the controller and it is better but still evident
I'm wondering if the controller is hitting it's low voltage setting due to a weak battery under load. The BBS02 doesn't shut down when the LVC is hit, it tends to stutter rapidly.

You could try lowering the LVC setting in the programming menu.

now that is interesting.. it 'could' be.. but these are Sanyo 18650 GA, 4P for 14Ah. so it shouldn't be current limited. the other thing is that if I am cruising up a hill full power pedalling faster, it does not stutter / jerk. and under those conditions it would use max power.... this jerkyness is only PAS related, not with the throttle.

Thanks
Andy

Back