My 14kw controller has landed :)

Jestronix

10 kW
I ordered myself a 120v 90 amp controller, but end up with the 120v 150 amp unit. Which I won't touch the sides of ! Yep this is 18kw needed from my batteries. Which I'll never need. Comes with blue tooth which will be handy. I have a 60v 60a version of this that I have run for last few months. It's performed well even overvolted to 76v

I doubt this puppy will ever get warm. But gives me plenty of options power and voltage wise.

But I'll be running this at 100v by 75 Amps for a while, 7500kw still this will be crazy enough coming up from 4kw

1608416956f1e8841ecc6aa24add6019_zpshno71mnk.jpg

Phase wires are well sized, will run theses up to 10awg.

df6f4c092544cd436c7eb5eb9457d330_zpsa8dvhkvy.jpg

what controller is that, and what is the throttle response like?

controller is hooked up. I beefed up the phase to 10awg to the cover. New controller pulls much harder at same volts and amps, which I guess the beefier fets and phase cables ? New batteries too so makes sense.

As its dark out I pushed it to 70 amps at 76v , a nice amount of pull, I'm running phase at same percentage as batts, old controller I used to just have phase to 100.

Turns out the sticker was swrong its 120v 100amp unit inside, which is more what I'm after. 12kw ain't bad.

Throttle response is nice, I run 10 fast start, other wise the delay is too much.

Yes yuyangking unit,

Give u an idea of the length and size on the bike.

7cb6fe5064456b9d29e6d2c87e2ba684_zpsvfd6mrnm.jpg

eee291 said:
Are you using hobbyking lipos or some sort of lifepo4 technology?

Hobbyking lipo:) 1.5 kWh for $500 aud not bad. I think their sale is still on. I'll never use lipo without a hard case. I use aluminium extrusions works well.

Well I sure don't have the money for that I was just wondering but cool ebike anyways.

Just one question is it easy to navigate the app? because I had it a year ago and it was designed badly and that's why I didn't buy it.

eee291 said:
Well I sure don't have the money for that I was just wondering but cool ebike anyways.

Just one question is it easy to navigate the app? because I had it a year ago and it was designed badly and that's why I didn't buy it.

The app is simple to use. Has all the settings i need, though i wish it would log or atleast measure peaks. But lets you set most things from your phone, which is pretty nice.

I had trouble with the app too. The android version worked, but I was never able to make the iPhone version work.
I also had a hard time pairing to a different controller once the app was paired to the first one.

If the Bluetooth doesn't work, I think you can use a TTL-232 adapter and laptop program to change the settings.

fechter said:
If the Bluetooth doesn't work, I think you can use a TTL-232 adapter and laptop program to change the settings.

Yeah well that pretty much defeats the advantage of the Bluetooth option but yeah putting apps on an iPhone is not as easy as it is on android :x

I do admit I usually have to kill the app and let it discover rather than pressing connect.

6kw run today was nice, lots of poke, like to break traction a fair bit, ripped a couple of knobies off the tyre :)

Keeping the front wheel down is an issue at this power on a normal mountain bike, long swing arm would be nice.

80amps delivers a nice amount of heat, CA arrives next week so I'll be able to monitor heat and protect the hub.

Statoraid may be my best bet.

Loving this controller, power is almost instant with very little lag.

Jestronix Nice controller what model is it. and what was the total with shipping.
If you can get a accurate reading when connecting to the shunt for the cycle analyst that would be a win.

Running 90 Amps and loving it, about 6kw is pretty dam nice, however the stock mxus was getting hot pretty dam quick. So ATF to the rescue and it works a treat. I was hitting 100c after some climbing, now about 80max, this is with just 90ml of ATF. Didn't have to throttle back or worry.

Next plan is 10kw, 120v x 85amps.

Emoto said:
Jestronix Nice controller what model is it. and what was the total with shipping.
If you can get a accurate reading when connecting to the shunt for the cycle analyst that would be a win.
I imported a bunch of these at 36v 30a, 48v 40a, 60v 60a and 80v 80a with a view to reselling them as the development was frankly a PITA, Jestronix picked one up with his mxus from me. I have been sitting on them til they are out of beta testing. Its been 18 months.
They are problematic at times, and there still seems to be issues with regen. I am working with the supplier to resolve but the chinglish is slow going. The size is huge too. But stripped out of the case and heatsinked to the case they go ok.
The other shortcoming is no heat measurement of the hub. I was hoping to do away with the CAV3 altogether.

I'm still trying to convince them to do a sine version but apparently that motherboard can never do.
Still beats a greentime.

Can anyone give me a link to the app for the Yuyangking controller?
Any getting started tips for power-on (does power switch wire need to be used?) would be greatly appreciated too, I don't have any info and haven't had any luck searching.
I've got a MXUS motor and this controller from Sam also. The Yuyangking website is down, the QR code on the Bluetooth controller starts off with a Wuxing URL then redirects to an online chat domain, not striking luck on any leads :roll:

App is on the IOS app store, yuyangking - in Chinese though. Sam used to have link for it. your right site is down.

Thanks for the reply, with Android it is Play Store, but no hits for Yuyangking. Apps can be alone off play store to download on Android, if you have the link... ;)

Did you just apply power and the Bluetooth is on by default as long as there is power? Just wondering how the single Power Switch wire on the controller works.

For the power switch, i just joined this back to the positive and popped a switch in between. Without the connection the unit doesnt power up and you dont see bluetooth.

Unleashed 10.5 kW today, almost instant power delivery, very happy with it, mind u 10kw really heats up the mxus.

With 150v fets in this unit I should be able to get 14kw. Tell u the truth I don't think I'll need the extra 4kw :) 10kw is plenty for a quick squirt. I have trouble keeping the wheel down and don't really want to flip the thing at 60kmh.

The bike feels best on about 6-7kw without overheating the mxus too quickly. The controller is just barely warm at 10kw, I'm going to shorten the controller by 4-5 cm.

have now settled on 146v @ 60 amps for about 8kw, plugs on my battery pack are XT60, so pulling more than this will only happen with my second battery pack attached

hoping for a 14kw run next week, probably 3 big squirts and the motor will be overheated, but should be interesting.

Santa will be finished early twiddling thumbs with that kind of power :D

What are you using to wrap/cushion your packs with inside the aluminium housings?

I've got an OEM legal ebike battery that has a nice rubbery/gel feeling that looks longer lasting than common foam that crumbles with age, I guess it depends on what you have in hand. Doing a big clean out over the holidays so will be in the back of my mind. May have to raid my parents place for computer mouse pads from the 90's.

They still make those pads :). I bought one recently as my desk is pure white.

I use silicone to seal the,packs , they are in pretty tight and don't move. I've changed the design on my last pack, I cut right down the side of the aluminium, I put plastic in so the batteries are compressed, I use cable ties then tape, then remove the ties, the tape them right up, this way they are well packed. Then silicone the ends so they stay put.

14kw will be interesting :lol:

Sorry deepfraught - do you need the app again? I can email it through if you pm me your address...

Back