Evg Ebike battery

Mckinleyville

100 µW
Hi I'm new to this forum and toe bikes i buy a evg Ebike 36v sx and I want to change the old battery for Lipo ,my question is do you guys know what kind of battery should I need to run that motor how many continuous amps or max amps the battery should be I want to keep the battery in the down tube compartment do you guys know any good place to buy it thanks in advance

Hi I'm new to this forum and to bikes i buy a evg Ebike 36v sx and I want to change the old battery for Lipo ,my question is do you guys know what kind of battery should I need to run that motor how many continuous amps or max amps the battery should be I want to keep the battery in the down tube compartment do you guys know any good place to buy it thanks in advance

That one looks like a great choice! Including fitting into the battery box.

You will need to remove the old on board charger, but then you could wire the charge plug of the new pack to the same plug the old charger used on the battery box.

Then, put the right plug on your charger. The charger will be off board now, but could still use the same plug on the battery box.

Or, just rig something so your new charge plug is accessible, and just plug in there.

I ripped apart (4) 36V Bosch FatPack tool batteries as they had some nice and durable LiMn2O4 batteries (Sony VT). I use the built-in charger on the EVG 36V battery box and set the max charging limit on the pot to 41.8V and the SLA programmed charger has kept my pack healthy. I still check them yearly (since 2009, and 10K+ miles) and all of the cells on the outside of each pack were within 0.06V of each other. My Heinzmann hub motor is now stuttering due to worn out brushes, but everything else seems to be good.

I recenly purchased a GM MagicPie 5 and took apart (4) 4S 20Ah Multistar batteries to create a 14S 20Ah LiPo pack with a 30A 14S BMS from AliExpress. The battery pack is around 15lbs, and gets me about 35 MPH on flat roads and is dead silent. It's amazing to see EVG bikes still running after 15+ years. They are tanks!

** I recommend a new pack be built out of the newer 18650 cells from Samsung/LG/Panasonic with a good BMS and charger). LiPo surgery is definitely NOT recommended--I did it for fun and experimentation purposes. The LiMn2O4 cells are incredibly robust and proved that they like to stay/remain balanced without any intervention. **

I've no idea what the source of that battery was. But it did not look like the latest, greatest, high c rate cells inside. Or the max continuous spec would have been higher.

But it will be adequate to run his bike. At a glance, it looks a lot like most of the dolphin style packs that mount to the frame have about the right size and shape to still fit in the battery tray area of his EVG, if not the actual battery box compartment.

Yeah Dogman Dan this is a dolphin style battery if you look at the specs it reads the discharge continuous amps can be customized,my question is should I ask for more continuous amps or leave like that,my idea is to keep one of my bikes all original since I own 3 and install a Magic pie 5 in a 24v and put for sale all the extra parts from the bike if somebody here is interested let me know for now I have the body panels ,controller, 500 hub motor 36v,and battery box from a 36 v bike I don't know how much is a fair price

More c rate, (better cells) always best when it's in your budget. I believe your controller is less than 20 amps, 17 or something like that, so a 25 amps continuous spec will work.

But a higher continuous rate cell will run cooler, and cool batteries last longest.

Just make sure the higher rate really is a better cell, not just a bms that allows a rate that's higher. Nothing to gain from that.

Back