The official Do-All ebike calculator!

What's it for?
Here's some of its features:
Calculate watts needed to reach a speed,
Calculate watts needed to reach a speed up a grade,
Calculate the torque and acceleration of your ebike,
Calculate the waste heat your motor will generate at loads,
Calculate your acceleration with different ratios

There's a thousand and one uses for it, but it's most useful for spec'ing out parts for a future build; just plug in the speeds you want to reach and it can help you find the volts and amps you need to give your motor. It can also be used to calculate how many amps an existing bike needs to climb a hill at a set speed, calculate the maximum speed you can reach with the gear ratio and volts that you have, give you an idea of how your speed and acceleration change with different ratios and much more. It's compatible with all wheel sizes, all geared hub motor ratios (and chain drive ratios) and all vehicle weights (It could even be used for electric cars)

Want to upgrade the performance of your bike? This calculator can tell you whether you'd be better off losing some weight or adding some amps, or telling you whether you should increase your volts or decrease your frontal area to increase speed. It can help you find out how best to increase your acceleration and tell you if your motor will be generating excessive amounts of heat when climbing hills (Use an efficiency chart)

Let me know what you guys think; I made this program so it's easy for me to add or change features.
You'll need java to run this program, but... who doesn't have java :?
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4QUnp5dyMUMRGNJMndZQzloYk0
If G-drive won't work: download: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/536240/MBCalc2.jar
Simply open the jar file as an executable (Like you would minecraft)
If you don't have java, here's a quick link:
https://www.java.com/en/download/

Good luck :wink:

Run it like you would minecraft; you'll need java. Don't extract the .jar, run it using java. You can get it here if you don't have it:
http://www.java.com/en/download/windows-64bit.jsp

Pretty big download-but I'm surprised you wouldn't have it.

See if you can find a more ghetto file host :lol:

Sean9002 said:
See if you can find a more ghetto file host
Hahahah, I'll put the google drive link up, but it's been randomly blocking people because it's a jar file xD 'security issues', If I could make a 20kb trojan i'd be working for DARPA

Hillhater said:
What does this offer that any of the other EV calculators don't already have ?
I've yet to find any EV Calculators. I found some other calculators but those are geared towards finding gear ratios. None of them help you find acceleration, watt draw @ speed or take hills into account AFAIK. Plus even if a couple seperate calculators can, in aggregate, do all that, they don't seem to have them in one place and sharing variables.

Besides, the G-drive link is a two click download. If that's difficult to access god knows ES forums themselves are impossible to navigate :lol:

4sken said:
I've yet to find any EV Calculators.
Seriously?

Grin Tech Motor Simulator
Turn off all the plots but the Load Line - it is the multi-value graphic version of your one value result.

Grin Tech Trip Simulator
More detailed analytical results with consideration of headwind and human power contribution. Utilizes new heat models from wind tunnel tests for accurate determination of motor core and shell temperatures conditions of configurable inclines (the 'trip').

4sken said:
I've yet to find any EV Calculators.
Did you look around at the ones in the ES wiki and the various forum threads about simulators and calculators?

Interesting thing. But why not include maximum range and highest possible speed (I have made a Topic about it)?

DasDouble said:
Interesting thing. But why not include maximum range and highest possible speed (I have made a Topic about it)?
It's in there- Top theoretical speed is your max speed dependant on voltage and Kv; Type that speed into the input side and you'll see how many watts you'll need. I thought of adding it in, but it's a lot of extra code and turning a lot of math backwards on itself only to do something the user can do in 10 seconds flat :shrug:

Back