KT-3 LCD Not showing Watt draw

4sken

100 mW
I have a KT-3 LCD (https://www.google.ca/search?q=kt3+lcd&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivneW7tPbKAhUHmh4KHc_ZBDoQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=XPK_XrCZLNF-5M%3A) That worked fine, until at one point the hall sensors in my motor went. I fixed it after a while and moved everything over to my winter bike, got a new controller and continued riding-However, it never fully displayed watts drawn. The controller I have is one of the no-name no-brand chinese style (https://www.google.ca/search?q=kt3+lcd&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivneW7tPbKAhUHmh4KHc_ZBDoQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=48v+1000w+ebike+controller&imgrc=MiHP1_-xTndNMM%3A) but is a different one then the stock controller I got with the LCD and motor. Does anyone know if having a different controller might be causing this (And if so, how to fix it) or if something inside has been damaged? The Hall broke after shorting out to phase... Judging by the wire colours going to the LCD at least two hall wires lead up into it, probably to calculate speed, so my guess is it's probably the LCD. Chances are something like this has happened to someone else...

If nothing else, by changing controllers your display could be way out of calibration for the shunt in the controller. Or, it's just connected to a plug (on the new controller) but that plug lacks the wire that is connected to the shunt inside the controller.

That's the thing; same brand controller. Same manufacturer. Are you saying the display might be calibrated for each controller? Hmm, that's pretty interesting. Would you know how to calibrate it?
IMO if it were miscalibrated it would just show an incorrect value instead of nothing.

There are two different protocols supported with the KT-LCD3 display. Some KT controllers do not support the protocol which show Watts (nor temperature, I believe). Your new controller just might be the wrong type.

Avitt said:
There are two different protocols supported with the KT-LCD3 display. Some KT controllers do not support the protocol which show Watts (nor temperature, I believe). Your new controller just might be the wrong type.

That's probably it :(

Well, looks like I'm getting a sine regen controller then... woe is me ;)

Back