Throttle is playing up

jbalat

10 kW
I have one of these on my ebike
http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=91

lately it has been getting stuck at certain positions and requires some force to get it working, it has also been jerky and yesterday I cut the throttle and the bike wanted to keep going, luckily it was only rolling.

I sprayed some of that electrical cleaner in there which seemed to help this morning but...

was just going to order another one but wondering if there is something that is a bit more linear with the same controls that fits to infinion controller

open her up and clean it out then spray some silicone grease inside. They get sticky from dirt/grit/grime falling inside the cracks (if you are a commuter and ride in the rain).

In my experience, the em3ev throttle spring is one of the better ones as it's spring is soft enough to hold the throttle down for ages. The ebay ones I bought have a harder spring and dont "lever" as smooth. But yeah, it's just dirt in your throttle. You only need to clean it out once every year or 2.

Raged - is bob on, a load of silicone grease would dust/waterproof it after a good clean.

On a side note, has anyone had any success opening up..and closing some of the electric throttles that are out there? Pics?

you are all spot on I didnt even need to open it up, just hit it with the electrical cleaner and keep moving it until it was smooth again and its all fixed.

Back