Hawaii State Legislatures still don't get "Ebike"

EbikeMaui

1 kW
After 6 months of telling the State Legislatures that our Govonor pulled the plug on LEGAL electric bikes that HAD a gret law this is what they understand NOW. LOL Yet A underground ebike dealer of Optibike is not lobbying with OptiBike for Hawaiis first Ebike market to be legal??

Attachments

• let1.jpg
    let1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,298
At least now you have a state official on record saying the law needs to be changed.

Are you looking for a repeal of the Guv's action or a revision of the definition of bike?

8)

TylerDurden said:
At least now you have a state official on record saying the law needs to be changed.

Are you looking for a repeal of the Guv's action or a revision of the definition of bike?

8)
Just putting the Electric Bicycle Law that was in place for at least 10 years would be just fine if anyone would just look in to it.
Hi Joe, Thank you for writing the DOT with this response.It seems that they fail to realize that when Segway lobbyed there product there WAS a perfectly good electric bike law on the books that was REMOVED after DOT made this study and Segways were put on and electric bicycles were removed from any new definition.Since there was a perfectly written discription of THE ELECTRIC BICYCLE LAW in Hawaii for many years before Segway came along I'm sure it can be found in the Vehicle Code books prior to 2002.It was online until the law was changed for NO REASON!
Aloha, Randy Draper

"Motorized bicycle" means a device with two tandem wheels
11 that is propelled both by human power and by an internal
12 combustion engine or a battery powered motor. If battery
13 powered, it has a maximum of 1500 watts (2 horsepower); if
14 powered by an engine it has no more than 2 horsepower (50 cc),
15 an automatic transmission, and a maximum design speed of not
16 more than 25 mph on a flat surface unassisted by human power.
http://tinyurl.com/pz6qr

In that case Randy do you think its a wise decision to repost some of your videos on Google showing you riding your electric bike at 45mph passing a lycra cyclist? If riding an electric bike is illegal then it is only a matter of time before somebody points a finger?

Keep on riding I say I just wouldn't post a video of you breaking the law, what a stupid law that is as well, how retarded keep on riding Randy I am sure the cops have got better things to do.

Knoxie

knoxie said:
In that case Randy do you think its a wise decision to repost some of your videos on Google showing you riding your electric bike at 45mph passing a lycra cyclist? If riding an electric bike is illegal then it is only a matter of time before somebody points a finger?

Keep on riding I say I just wouldn't post a video of you breaking the law, what a stupid law that is as well, how retarded keep on riding Randy I am sure the cops have got better things to do.

Knoxie
I have no problem riding my ebike here, but IF there was any ebike company that had a 2 hp product that worked well on the Valley Isle hills you would think they would be lobbying for the largest ebuke market in the US.Its bicycle tour companies that are making MILLIONS each year going down hill.The owners of these companies crap there shorts when they see me going up hill faster then they are comming down the mountains. :)

Randy

Glad your sticking 2 fingers up at them on this as well, I know we dont see eye to eye at times but that law is a pile of shit, what are they thinking of? to outlaw electric bikes, its so stupid.

I dont blame you for riding it, I think you get your power off solar and wind as well? how can they outlaw that? how can they make nature illegal? They will be taxing wind surfers next!!

Get some drop bars, gear it up and do 60mph!! that will show them!! keep on cruising, they may change the law if somebody can convince them how retarded they are.

Knoxie

I have Time left to see My Plans take shape. The Governor sees the $ trail from regulated bicycle tours and her families Ford dealerships here that she got all the Countys and State Vehicles contracts with.You can bet the power companies also stuff her campain to eliminate a concern of people having alternatives in transportation without getting a piece of the action.Im thinking that private tours on a Blade or Electricorss would be the way to go.When and if ebikes become legal I will be ready to start the NEW! market here!.If I found a ready made product that handels hills I would be glad to use them! If you have a use that makes $ A higher Price for Qiality Works! I need TOTAL DEPENDABLITY! A Eco tour copmany chain would depend on it. "Solar Power Ebike Jungle Tours" Beach and coastline tours? Legal Etrike fishing tours night or day? Vehicles are legal to drive on any Hawaii beach if your going fishing.. the list goes on..LOL
These are un touched Hawaii markets that could make history and give residents a option.Putting a pedal dyno on and speed and power limited 2 hp electricross ebke could be considerd a ebike if a new bill is passed.A lipo version IS AVAIABLE! without the pedal dyno of corse.

http://www.electricross.com/

TylerDurden said:

8)
It was this same DOT Agency that recomended Ebikes on on this Bill ! but for some reason when Segways goy IN ebikes were LEFT OUT! The law prior to 2003 was bacicaly the same as what the task force recomended here.
http://tinyurl.com/pz6qr

Back