My new battery mount

Erikjan

100 W
I use a cube mtb for a few years now.
The battery a 25Ah triangle pack from em3ev.com is in a battery bag in the frame.

I was not happy with it, the battery was jumping in the bag when i ride a singel track.
and I dont like the big velcro to mount the bag.

Today i weld a frame for the battery witch i can attatch to the water bottle bolts.

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

Now i can use the bag without the velcro strips looks nicer

upload_-1

Maybe it just never got a pic taken of it, and you did this already. I think you need to add some additional chafe protection to the pack, between the frame and the pack. I'd put something even if nothing more will fit than some additional tape on the corners. Shrink is tough looking, but it will chafe pretty fast when it rubs even a tiny bit on hard metal. Maybe I'm wrong, and there is some stiff chafe resistant material under the wrap, and no balance wires in danger. But It would be a real shame to chafe it, short it, and burn it down.

Other than that nit pick, this is a great idea, and beautifully done. Sweet!

@ Dogman

I dont understand the first line. My english is not so good.

But i will add protective material I have some space to add a layer of thick plastic bord or something.

Under the black wrap there is an other layer of stuf it is like a print circuit board. I think epoxy plate.
So the wires are well protected but i dont like if the wrap chafes. Thanks for the tip

@ Lester

Yes dual MAC 10t @ 50V and 2x 25A total 2500W. ~50km/h its illegal here but so much fun.

upload_-1

Back