iZip Mountain Trailz Enlightened Hub?

Huh. I'm surprised there isn't more info out there about these bikes. I can't find a single reference here or anywhere on the internet about what brand of motor it is. I would try to crack it open and have a look inside but to my surprise it has a cassette instead of a freewheel so I'll need to get my hands on the correct tool first.

Oh well. I'm going to try it with a 36v 350 watt controller. If it burns up so be it. I got it super cheap. There seem to be some of these popping up on the 'net for sale lately. Someone must have gotten their hands on a surplus supply. Killer deal if they hold up. Alex DM18 wheel and disc rotor included for around $50. Might be a $50 paperweight soon, we'll see. :lol:

Damn! It looks like this hub is designed for 150mm frame spacing. $50 paperweight before I even got it hooked up! lol Oh well, ya win some and lose some I guess. It's odd the Currie would go with weird spacing like that. What's the point of that with this small of a hub motor?

EVTodd said:
Damn! It looks like this hub is designed for 150mm frame spacing. $50 paperweight before I even got it hooked up! lol Oh well, ya win some and lose some I guess. It's odd the Currie would go with weird spacing like that. What's the point of that with this small of a hub motor?

Currie isn't worried about cross-compatibility. Their products are for the plug and play crowd.

Make a powered bob trailer with it?

gogo said:
EVTodd said:

Currie isn't worried about cross-compatibility. Their products are for the plug and play crowd.

Make a powered bob trailer with it?

I hear ya! I was hoping it was something fairly standard though since Currie made hub motor kits for a while. I assumed it would be the same motor. Apparently not.

I like the powered trailer idea. I also thought about a Nadar style mid drive.

Back