New Ducati ebike

No but Bianchi does which is a quality Italian bike company in which Ducati has licensed them to build em , better then Pedego Ford E-bikes I bet { & I have a Pedego & like it } :)

The Ducati looks like just another Bosch drive bike, but the Ford makes for a nice bike....after you cut off the rear fender/battery mount that breaks off, drop the bars all the way down, and put on some 24"x 3" wheels and tires. Then it pedals around just fine :)

Before and after...

IMG_20151116_140615.jpg
IMG_20151117_092459.jpg

Voltron said:
The Ducati looks like just another Bosch drive bike, but the Ford makes for a nice bike....after you cut off the rear fender/battery mount that breaks off, drop the bars all the way down, and put on some 24"x 3" wheels and tires. Then it pedals around just fine :)

Before and after...

View attachment 1

My God! That's beautiful....... Is it really a Ford Motor Company bicycle?

Edit: answered my own question via The Google. The stocker isnt much to look at, but yours cleaned up nicely. Do you think there is room at the BB for a BBSHD? And how did it handle at speed?

I think there is room, and room to flip it up to above the bottom bracket.... The stock one had terrible handling, they stretched tires onto the wide rims to make it look like a low profile car tire and it was awful in turns. Now it's great... it's a high speed s turn machine :)

It's lighter than it looks, and those tires have a surprisingly good roll to them.... so I had the extremely satisfying experience of seeing a guy I know with a Stromer ST2 around town..And after 8 or 10 blocks of chatting and pulling out from lights he says " that thing is pretty fast, is it some kind of mid drive?" His face when it told him I was just pedaling and that there was no motor anymore was priceless.

Voltron said:
I think there is room, and room to flip it up to above the bottom bracket.... The stock one had terrible handling, they stretched tires onto the wide rims to make it look like a low profile car tire and it was awful in turns. Now it's great... it's a high speed s turn machine :)

It's lighter than it looks, and those tires have a surprisingly good roll to them.... so I had the extremely satisfying experience of seeing a guy I know with a Stromer ST2 around town..And after 8 or 10 blocks of chatting and pulling out from lights he says " that thing is pretty fast, is it some kind of mid drive?" His face when it told him I was just pedaling and that there was no motor anymore was priceless.

How wide are the rear dropouts? If 135mm it's a good candidate for an IGH........

Yes, they're 135mm. But I'm an old school chain and gears kinda guy.. unless you have specialty commuter needs, all the IGHs are all a little heavier, and a little harder to pedal, and make little clicky rachety sounds when you're not in the middle gear it seems. But it would deff fit one in there of that's what you're headed towards.

Another decent bosch drive ... until it got the Ducati name and now I am sure the price will be double or more of the average bosch :wink:

And it doesn't even have the newer peppier CX motor...it's already semi obsolete.

And holy crap Ll-ghtcycle, that's quite a build. I'm going thru mid drive confusion right now too...I'll need to check it your build thread more..
IMG_20160706_092514.jpg

I built a lot of Broncos at a cruiser shop I worked at, so I knew what you mean about aligning those forks...lol. I always thought that would be a good platform for a build before I even knew how awesome a long wheelbase 20s high power build could feel :)
IMG_20160808_183812.jpg

Voltron said:
And it doesn't even have the newer peppier CX motor...it's already semi obsolete.

And holy crap Ll-ghtcycle, that's quite a build. I'm going thru mid drive confusion right now too...I'll need to check it your build thread more..
View attachment 1

I built a lot of Broncos at a cruiser shop I worked at, so I knew what you mean about aligning those forks...lol. I always thought that would be a good platform for a build before I even knew how awesome a long wheelbase 20s high power build could feel :)

Hehe ya thx Voltron!

I took about a year break in the middle of the build, but it's now got about 140 miles on it with no issues!

What motor you have on yours? Looks similar to my first build with my Vision R40 'bent. I still have a couple of those motors. :)

BWAHAHA, that is the ugliest and most pathetic thing to ever wear the Ducati moniker and I am saying that as a biased Aprilia owner!
It just looks like a typical chinese bike with a bosch kit. Where are the exotic materials like carbon, titanium, and magnesium? No beautiful contours and interest to the designs at all. What a joke.

So far, among the motorcycle and car manufacturers, very few had built some decent ebikes. Audi is far ahead, KTM and Bultaco did good... Considering that they are not making them for mass production and they are supposed to reflect the innovation of the brand, most of them are plain sh*t.

Tats said:
http://www.ducati-bicycles.it/en/catalogue/e-bike/e-400-346

No, I will not be buying one.

I read that Ducati is owned by VW .. yup, the cheating diesel company.

Why trust those crooks?

As the owner of two 'real' Ducatis, this brings tears to my eyes.

They should be embarrassed.

Doug

Gregory said:
I bet Ducati don't make ANY part of that bike.
Well that at least is good news then! As an owner of a Ducati motorbike, I wouldn't have anything to do with it if it was. The motorbike electrics are pathetic. Great fun to ride though!

4LivesPerGallon said:
Tats said:
http://www.ducati-bicycles.it/en/catalogue/e-bike/e-400-346

No, I will not be buying one.

I read that Ducati is owned by VW .. yup, the cheating diesel company.

Why trust those crooks?

Because they are being forced to do penance by building EV charging stations, electric cars and other electric mobility solutions, such as ebikes. As for trust, corporations are like Santa Claus: the only people who should trust ANY corporation at anytime are children and the very naive.

Back