Talks Started on ISO World Standard for E-Bikes

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
http://www.bike-eu.com/laws-regulat...ed-on-iso-world-standard-for-e-bikes-10126353
Replacing EN 15194
On May 10 in Shanghai talks started on the new ISO standard for e-bikes which is to replace the current EN 15194 standard. Some 60 delegates of industry stakeholders, test houses and experts took part in the 4-day conference. What has been discussed in Shanghai is to come to a ISO standard that is to include everything that’s not covered by the European type approval regulation. It means that the focus is on 25 km/h and 250 Watt e-bikes only.

Off topic. Anybuddy know the record for holding ones breath?

We have 1kw and no type approval required. Sometimes i love this country. Our goverment just went: type approval? naw...why? Does not serve the purpose putting people on e-bikes.

Eskimo said:
We have 1kw and no type approval required. Sometimes i love this country. Our goverment just went: type approval? naw...why? Does not serve the purpose putting people on e-bikes.
The design freedom for ebikes is in stark contrast to other vehicle classes in terms of both function and aesthetics. We are evolving through the age of information, and into an age of individualism where centralized human constructs are minimized for the direct sake of the individual.

Eskimo said:
Sometimes I feel so ashamed to live in the Europe so influenced by tax hunger, lobbies & company benefits. :oops:
And so many around me still feel that Europe is the grandmother looking after the little puppies :shock: :shock: :shock:

WATTT??? "tax hunger, lobbies & company benefits"??? Maybe Europe and North America can have a contest. See which is more... disabled. :wink:

LockH said:
Off topic. Anybuddy know the record for holding ones breath?
I believe it is 24 minutes for a man, funny that it is about the same for a dolphin. :wink:

LockH said:
WATTT??? "tax hunger, lobbies & company benefits"??? Maybe Europe and North America can have a contest. See which is more... disabled. :wink:

Well, I don't know about Canada, but the U.S. doesn't have the 75% and up tax tables that Europe has, so they win. Some places they need some sort of government authorization to lay anyone off. So the governments are defaulting on debt, etc. Of course Bernie supporters would KILL (And probably already have) to beat the Europeans at their own game.

Back