Questions about the S-LCD3 Display ?

I got the S-LCD3 24v/36v/48v display from BMS Battery https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/670-s-lcd3-lcd-meter-for-s-series-controlers-ebike-kit.html

But it came with no instructions !

Can it be adjusted to lower amperage draw from a controller , by using the buttons / a menu on the display , like the Cycle Analyst Can ?
( I want to test a new/lower watt and lower amp motor using my existing Infineon 12 fet controller , throttle, )

on a side question,
Has anyone used the little Q100 hub motor with a Infineon 12 Fet Controller and a Cycle Analyst 2.3 ? , I know I will have to lower the amp draw from the controller down to 14-17 amps .

Where is there a good youtube video on how to set up the S-LCD3 display , with good ( slow / through ) instructions ?

I found a PDF on the Display, ( under a slightly different name .. KC-LCD3 , instead of S-LCD 3 that BMS D describes it as )

http://wiki.memslist.com/pdfs/K-LCD3.pdf

On page 26 and top of page 27 there is some writing on ○ C5 Controller Maximum Current Adjustment Mode

However

It does not make any sense to me as how to program it to limit amps on a big controller like the Infineon 12 Fet ( IRFB3077 controller ) .
I think I got it , as it reads that on setting 03 it limits the current by half , :- 2.00.
If so the S-LCD 3 display would only limit a certain controller by up to half ?
Not enough in the case of the Little Q100 motor and a 40 amp controller.

On the Cycle Analyst 2.3 made by Grin Technologies you can limit the current ( amps ) in increments of 1 amp, so much better/more accurate settings .

Has anyone done such an adjustment on such a big amperage rated controller like the Infineon 12 Fet and the Cycle Analyst with a small motor ?

The S-LCD3 display is an input/output device for Kunteng controllers. It won'the work with an Infineon one.

Hmm, it also looks to be harder to adjust / limit the amp draw, than the Cycle Analyst .
and certainly does not have an accurate and amount of adjust-ability of the Cycle Analyst.
So ...
What would be your thoughts of running the little Q100 motor , with a bigger controller like the Infineon 12 fet, ( as long as I use the Cycle Analyst to limit the amp draw to between 14 amps up to a max of 17 amps ) ?

d8veh said:
The S-LCD3 display is an input/output device for Kunteng controllers. It won'the work with an Infineon one.

ScooterMan101 said:
I got the S-LCD3 24v/36v/48v display from BMS Battery https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/670-s-lcd3-lcd-meter-for-s-series-controlers-ebike-kit.html

But it came with no instructions !

The manual and userguide are linked at the bottom of the page you linked.

As I said. The S-LCD is for Kunteng controllers. You can get them to provide a very wide range of maximum currents. They have the option of current control, so you don't need to limit the current. Each PAS level is a maximum current limit, so you just select the PAS level you want. You have 5 currents to choose from. On top of that, the global maximum current is adjustable. The Kunteng controllers are perfect for the Q100 motors.

I think it's silly to go with a S12S, which is massive.You can get tiny 18 amp Kunteng controllers, which will provide all the power you need for a Q100.

d8veh,

The reason I am asking about using the Infineon 12 Fet 3077 controller, and using the Cycle Analyst to adjust the amps down to workable amps for the little Q 100 motor , is ...

I want to use my existing e-bike as a test platform for the little Q100 motor, I already have the Cycle Analyst and the Controller, mounted and hooked up,
it would be allot easier to use them with the little Q 100 than to take them off and use the little 14 amp 48 volt controller I got for the Q100 and the Display,
only
to take them off and put back on the Cycle Analyst and Infineon controller , once I fix my Mac motor .

Using the Cycle Analyst and Infineon is only for testing purposes .

Then I will decided on weather to use a different bike for the Q100 or keep it on the MTB and shelve the Mac for a latter bike.

All that depends on how much performance ( speed ) I can get on the Q100 on 650 b x 42mm tires. ( by keeping the infineon and Cycle Analyst on, I can easily adjust the amps from 14-15-16-17 or even more if the Q100 can handle it.
the S-LCD 3 display is confusing to me at this time, I can easily adjust the amp draw on the Cycle Analyst.

d8veh said:
As I said. The S-LCD is for Kunteng controllers. You can get them to provide a very wide range of maximum currents. They have the option of current control, so you don't need to limit the current. Each PAS level is a maximum current limit, so you just select the PAS level you want. You have 5 currents to choose from. On top of that, the global maximum current is adjustable. The Kunteng controllers are perfect for the Q100 motors.

I think it's silly to go with a S12S, which is massive.You can get tiny 18 amp Kunteng controllers, which will provide all the power you need for a Q100.

It sure would be good, for someone to make a Video, step by step, to show how to set up the S-LCD 3 display that BMS Sells.

With only Throttle Operation,
and
With PAS Sensor Operation,
and
With Both Throttle, and PAS .

A Step by Step Video , Slow Enough to Understand.

the instruction PDF is not as clear to me, a Video is so much better.

Anyone ?

There isn't anything to setup. You just connect the throttle and PAS to the controller and both will work. Use the throttle when you want. It works as a speed controller using power up to the maximum current. The PAS works independently as a current controller. You select the level you want out of 5 using the up and down buttons. As I said before, it's an input/output device for Kunteng controllers. You can't expect it to work with an Infineon one.

My intent is/was to use the Infineon 12 fet controller, Only, with the Cycle Analyst, and even then , only , to test how the Q100 did on 14 amps, then 15 amps , then 16, 17 , all at 48 volts ? ,
any testing on 48 volts and 19 or more amps is a big question since I have not yet run a Q100 motor.

and only
The S-LCD3 together ,with the little 14 amp / 48 volt controller. ( once the testing on how many amps the Q100 at 48 volts , with the Infineon and Cycle Analyst.

the Infineon and Cycle Analyst is already on the bike. so to same time and effort, it would be faster to use that first.
Also since I am not sure that bike is the one that I want to have the little Q100 motor on. Will depend on what it takes to get the Mac motor repaired.

Would I get more speed out of the Q100 , when I do pair it with the S-LCD3 Display and the little 14 amp controller,
IF
I only use a throttle ? and leave the PAS off the bike, / or disconnected ?

The goal is to get as much speed out of the little Q100 hub motor as possible since I live in a area with very fast roadies .

d8veh said:
There isn't anything to setup. You just connect the throttle and PAS to the controller and both will work. Use the throttle when you want. It works as a speed controller using power up to the maximum current. The PAS works independently as a current controller. You select the level you want out of 5 using the up and down buttons. As I said before, it's an input/output device for Kunteng controllers. You can't expect it to work with an Infineon one.

Don't be surprised if the Q100 doesn't work with an Infineon controller. They're very fussy about who they want to work with.

Ok that is one of the things I wanted to find out before I tried it,
Also
If I do just take off the previous controller/display/wires,
and put on the S-LCD3 Display and little 14 amp controller,

Will the bike ride/go faster if I only connect a throttle ?
Or
Will it make the same speed if I connect both a Throttle and PAS on the BB ?

I am only finding two youtube videos on the display, and they don't show much.

d8veh said:
Don't be surprised if the Q100 doesn't work with an Infineon controller. They're very fussy about who they want to work with.

Back