Opportunity for ebike salesman and/or mechanic in NW DC

GCinDC

100 MW
City Bikes in DC has just opened an electric bike shop in Tenleytown: http://www.electricitybikes.com/

I visited and talked to a guy there, who happened to be the CEO of City Bikes. In subsequent conversations, he asked me if I knew anyone who'd like to work there as an ebike salesman or mechanic, or both. So I'm putting the word out for him. A great way to get into the industry!

Send him an email if you're interested at: team@electricitybikes.com

Let me know if you don't get a reply and I can follow up. He's been crazy busy.

City Bikes has three shops in DC and they're very well known and liked. I'm really psyched they're in my neighborhood and would love them to succeed with the electrics.

Edit: There's already a great ebike tech there and the owner suggested I add a few words about him:

Chad Keele - Head Tech - UBI and Bionx certified.

Chad has come to head the team at ElectriCityBikes from Portland Oregon. He had the opportunity there to sell and work on almost every e-bike and aftermarket kit there is - E-bikes have been incredibly popular on the West Coast generally and Portland specifically for some years now He developed his expertise diagnosing then expertly repairing electric assist bicycles at the Ebike Store in Portland for the last 5 years, and has recently moved to Washington DC to be closer to his three daughters. Lucky for us, he is the closest thing DC has to a Genius Bar for e-bikes.

Chad says "I always had a passion to understand how engines and electronics are made and how they function, and as a kid I loved taking broken stuff apart and putting (successfully most of the time) back together again in working order. Prior to the bicycle industry I fabricated industrial control panels for the Bonneville Dam, where I honed my electrical and wiring skills to a professional level. Transportation mechanics always interested me, and when I discovered the e-Bike as an environmentally sustainable transportation alternative to cars, I got hooked and aspired to be part of the solution towards a cleaner, future world. E-bikes have arrived on the West Coast and Europe in a big way, and I am proud to team up with the well established City Bikes team to present ElectriCityBikes. We are going to change the way DC looks at E-bikes, helping riders who never thought they could ride their bike everyday getting the support they need."

And some pics of the shop:
cJIrlIPMEW2Qc86tNwU0ICaMpJf9ZI7TzlW9Q7A7yhFoq_rA3wOIMfTGP8HwU_XlYDJmFOGbpZIvVlk5zXgsJL8H88eaH05A2kuhp19x7eT1xzP8tEVgzn4YAzGpBJ5UR5sQAK__SVwUYakt3T6xhKS24X8CCuZjU4P63yYECiX2tcromDwVQAJJ77WFln4sSeUWd9o_yXnngbh5W25bsZv7h2OSWqW4RPJATr6qPSSNm5N-2QHBwaxFmoThSnteAsL7JBa2wBrIYlo_8w1YwqsU3xVzwcI9sfW8ZpivMbQuR0oVA7iOs482JJo2sgE17cuzjiDurjByf7NN_pBlpmDFFzWxEhSwJjnpFeXqcAcXCoG0I8X3vstvRORT9YKCMKjAjEDgiDuGBdxE94zUKEKqwN42Vft3LAe5Hjbv0ho6Feh5uwKHqMdw8wakG3jwFy6q3wPwXTJF2JX_a2f1RFyGOCaxGPzXSBSCfOLrOhuCpDPWSqwPCugWEq0nBLAbFmnnX8CXogQb1liwipB2i_xbimVRt4QUBcRKF65VHR8r_nnV61prIdK7Lx7dhWX7oHvs6kZ9zPav3NkWqbeOJbEJMyze5PtP=w998-h749-no

GfMHZNVZ6nE9IIMZshO5CB2K8x9_xk7Fa5Wr8Q6NYLP-hteJAAyYrdapMgVsbcXIcjNMABI0COyQaj1avPNdke57zPAuKswMYDWWoPxJTGnysQ0P_mP_irD83f96JbyX6GgHl8fkRPrDCDgrtKpiqNY2RZySUo80l3rMPe_lrxHzv5yguXBQ-6qeZRxsH_tKyDIXgwq6aKGF3ENDFK9x_DZh8X0sKl9Nw6s_m8lgR5FvTPRdXLhc2u34LT3fTPtLv0HpGSkmarwgh9kpAFqkHC47BsPMv0HLwe02pXKsx3ZF8fo5dAYqypX1WknS3avOea6DGfA7FINvl4fntYZ_ID-6Ui0QLnXouUelq9BhdbZ_xhVtMoGaI4SQv-juzq6eyhiLWCyc7U2KtUo3pFm-GxUDTKYf9abxQZ1KHQTDVFziGlg2SQKfLOgUgqTgBOAOnETFr39cEfc7-LxyinPH4wx6jZjfpHnXXTFrt8rViIo00lDxFBr6-loiCfYKDx0-gMmdiCODMSkDBll9AV2cx_0W6U7PLalqXMHILwXnQhPCs3NOAAsaz7Ld9QDmIQyBUUxvs399vKFsHklkI2B0Gw-UBdUDvOux=w998-h749-no

Back