Laneri Falcon, fully faired ebike

And a designer with an eye for style, which their present one doesn't seem to have. ;)

I'd have to venture that's one of the ugliest "production" bikes I've ever seen. :/

(and given what *I* do for "styling", that might be saying something)

Any idea if this is powered by a Bafang BBSXX motor?

Interesting design, but I must say, it is quite hideous.

Also, if they were going to go full aero, why not install wheel fairings for the top half of the wheels, too, and eliminate all that drag from the forward-moving spokes?

My guess is that riding with a Boncho (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boncho/boncho-the-bike-poncho) would offer superior aerodynamics versus a faired frame, as the rider often creates more drag than the bike frame itself.

I've seen some stuff from China where the style is odd by western standards. This one also strikes me as odd to my culture, but...I appreciate that they are trying. I also think there are possibilities to the idea of this type of fairing, but maybe with a different style. I'm not sure what would work

I love the red derailleur and brake calipers. For their sake, I hope you can buy the bike in different colours, like black.

overvolted said:
Interesting design, but I must say, it is quite hideous.
That is because it didn't have the paint job done yet, for the gay pride parade :mrgreen:

"*fully* faired"? Doesn't that mean rider aero drag, and creature comforts re rains and snow, etc. are accommodated? How many drink holders? Watt... NO Wifi???

f you are going to all the trouble of making a fairing, the rider is what you want to streamline. The bike's contribution is tiny by comparison

I agree, but...I'd like to see more examples of both. This particular....(*ahem...)..."style"...is not to my personal taste, but I like the execution. Meaning that, I think they did a good job, but I would have made the shape completely different (and possibly several different shapes).

Back