Rungu Trikes ..anyone had experience with them ?

zurk

1 mW
Thinking of going for the Electric Kilimanjaro trike from http://riderungu.com
Anyone got any experience - good or bad - with their trikes ?
How does it handle cornering, braking etc.
Any comments on the build quality ?
Thanks.

Lacks pedals? So no chance for warmth. No chance for exercise. In "ebike terms", no chance to shave off peak battery outputs on startups and up hills. = lousy battery life = higher cost per mile. In Canada at least, not legal on any roadway ("asphalt"). "2,000 W hub motor"? Continuous, or peak output. (Oh. Elsewhere "Up to 2,100 Watts of power". Peak?) Just curious. (Went trike, so three wheels but a recumbent with nice back rest.)
Tks

Sorry I couldn't help.
Not really a trike, per-se, just a bike with two front wheels.

Why do you need a trike, vs a bike? Depending on the reason, this two-front-wheel bike may not do what you want it to.

There is some discussion about it if you use the search function

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=*rungu*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

one post comes up that has some pics/etc.

MOre info comes up searching on it's other name:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Juggernaut

Wouldn't care to be riding in conditions that really do require two fat front tires. A regular fat bike can handle some deep ass sand.

But I never demo'ed one of those, so I's just my bias speaking.

LockH said:
Lacks pedals? So no chance for warmth. No chance for exercise. In "ebike terms", no chance to shave off peak battery outputs on startups and up hills. = lousy battery life = higher cost per mile. In Canada at least, not legal on any roadway ("asphalt"). "2,000 W hub motor"? Continuous, or peak output. (Oh. Elsewhere "Up to 2,100 Watts of power". Peak?) Just curious. (Went trike, so three wheels but a recumbent with nice back rest.)
Tks

thats not correct. it has pedals. it is also legal - 2100W peak, 460W continuous and limited to 20mph.

dogman dan said:
Wouldn't care to be riding in conditions that really do require two fat front tires. A regular fat bike can handle some deep ass sand.

But I never demo'ed one of those, so I's just my bias speaking.

it has regular tires. its not the juggernaut.
The specs for the Kilimanjaro are :
rankset and bottom bracket FSA – Alpha Drive with sealed bottom bracket bearings
Forks Rock Shox Recon with 100mm travel
Frame 6061-T6 Aluminum – Fat tire off-set geometry with clearance for 4.8″ tires, M6 fastener points on rear triangle, M8 under carriage mount points, front through-hole mounts for overhead carrier
Front Hubs Alloy with quick release and sealed bearings
Rear derailleur and shifter Shimano Deore with trigger shifting – 8 speeds
Saddle and seatpost Velo Plush with alloy seat post – quick release seat post binder (Optional comfort package with suspension seatpost)
Steering Proprietary linkage and stem design, sealed bearing headsets, Ergon ergonomic grips
Tires 26″x 4.8″ for sand and snow
Rear Wheel 26″ x 100 mm Alloy – drilled for weight reduction, stainless steel spokes for corrosion resistance
Front Wheels 29″ 32-spoke alloy rims, stainless steel spokes for corrosion resistance
Bottom bracket height 12″ (306 mm)
Handle bar width (effective) 33″ (830 mm)
Rider height supported 5′ (152mm) to 6′ 2″ (188 mm)
Weight 54 lbs. (24 kg)
Wheel base length 4’6″ (1373 mm)

zurk said:
LockH said:
Tks

thats not correct. it has pedals. it is also legal - 2100W peak, 460W continuous and limited to 20mph.

Sorry! You're correct of course.

1gearjunkie.jpg

Picked up August 16:
https://gearjunkie.com/rungu-electric-juggernaut-review

"the world’s weirdest, wildest fat bike."

"less than 20 made to date"

"Godlewski was right, the trike didn’t tip. But it also didn’t turn until I threw my weight into the turn I wanted it to make. Then, as I got more daring, a confident jolt from the throttle pulled me through the turns."
rungu-electric-juggernaut-adam.jpg

The sensation was awesome, if highly unorthodox. Two wheels in front make the trike very stable, but one wheel in back allows the rear to fishtail, a horrible feeling if it was simply a bike.

But this trike is for work and play. This is a rig that needs to be used for hauling. Godlewski envisions towing a 12-foot SUP, or a sled loaded down with skis, a snowboard, winter camping gear, and loads of packs.

“It actually handles better when you load it down,” he told me. “It’s really designed to hold lots of weight.”

Just remember, it’s not a bike.

:mrgreen:

bike-rumor.jpg

Watt do you call a 2000-watt Bullfrog? The Rungu Juggernaut:
https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/02/19/what-do-you-call-a-2000-watt-bullfrog-the-rungu-juggernaut/

rungu-juggernaut-3-600x472.jpg

The Juggernaut from Rungu is not described as being a bike (or trike as the case may be) but instead gets labeled as an ATV. With twin front wheels, a 2000 watt hub motor in the rear wheel, and all of them shod in 5″ tires, it really does crawl out of the bicycle category. Designed to be the ultimate go-anywhere piece of machinery, the Juggernaut is marketed towards hunters, beachgoers, and snowbound explorers looking to decrease their carbon footprint. We covered its human-powered counterpart – the Bullfrog – a while back, which was only just barely still a bike (OK, trike), and they’ve somehow managed to make that thing even wilder. Join us past the break for the rundown on this mental machine…

A Rungu three wheeler review
[Youtube]d-clY0EZ4A8[/youtube]

Back