Hello Seattle?

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Anybuddy?

I've been accused on that site of "causing trouble"... of writing "diatribes"... Could use some help! My latest post there:
"diatribe"? One definition: "a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something"??? Hadn't thought what I'd written WAS "long" or "forceful" or "bitter" or an "attack" "against" anything... Huh. "New products and ideas have to start *somewhere*, then spread."? Maybe check in on what Baltimore is up to? (This report from last month:) http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/08/24/baltimores-first-bike-share-program-rolling-out-soon/

(From news reports the city's Board of Estimates awarded a $2.3 million contract to Bewegen Technologies for a 500-bike system. About 200 of those bikes will have electric motors.) "A national trend"? "credited with reducing traffic, helping the environment and keeping commuters active"? "Veterans will be among the 80 local employees of the program, which is
operated by Bewegen Technologies Inc. and Corps Logistics, LLC."? That news report from Baltimore sounded more "upbeat"... on dealings with the same north american company. At least the US gets to play with one whole "horse" (at 750 watts power per US Federal law). Canadian laws at "only" 500 watts of power are more "pony" style. :)

Hehe... Sorry DAND214. (Parents can be so cruel, eh?)

I'm actually from a long line of fighters. Most in later generations "military". (Sad fact of human existence.) Recently (2+ years ago) I woke up in a strange bed. (Took months to escape (various) hospitals.) So most of the (mostly the males written about) guys have fought to make the "future a better place". So, near death, my choice of weapon is the bettery-electric bicycle. As a maybe solution to a 21st-century w/roads clogged with expensive (large, heavy, waaay to fast-capable) fire-breathing dragons (see "car"/"SUV"/"minivan"/etc).

It was actually years spent living in a small "car free" community that made me ask "Watt the heck...?"

So this is just something to do before I die. (Fun reading books written by one of my ancestors scanned and put online by the local library. His "new thing" was from Germany. They called it a "kindergarten". So. Ain't "ebikes" a "new thing"? (For many/most in North America, and elsewhere.)

cropped-Logo.png

"Is Bikeshare In Seattle Losing Its Constituency?"
https://www.theurbanist.org/2016/10/24/sdot-bike-share-constituency/

Back