AliExpress huge sale tomorrow: Advice on new build and hub

Cisco

1 µW
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading for a few months as I prep for my enduro build venture.

I'll make it simple, and yes I have searched and would continue researching were there not an urgency.

Tomorrow is AliExpress' anual sale and I wanted to get some of the expensive parts purchased. All I have now is the frame.

I fundamentally want to build an electric dirt-bike.

Any advice / experience on the motors at AliExpress?

I believe I am looking for a 19" rear 5kw (or bigger?) hub with light MC tires. I was hoping I could find a conversion kit that would include the correct sized front but haven't found one. I am not even sure I know what to look for as far as rim and tire for the front.

I bought my frame from Chris at CAB Motorworks, who also recommended this forum to me. It has a 135mm to 156mm dropout range.

I'll keep researching in the meantime and hope to have some solid answers such that I can make some purchases tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Cisco

Sorry, people were talking on the other Aliexpress thread. Hopefully you have found your best deals!

I decided to not take a blind plunge and later have regrets. I have an electric longboard build in the works too so I'll keep researching.

Thanks for the reply.

Cisco

Cisco said:
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking and reading for a few months as I prep for my enduro build venture.

I'll make it simple, and yes I have searched and would continue researching were there not an urgency.

Tomorrow is AliExpress' anual sale and I wanted to get some of the expensive parts purchased. All I have now is the frame.

I fundamentally want to build an electric dirt-bike.

Any advice / experience on the motors at AliExpress?

I believe I am looking for a 19" rear 5kw (or bigger?) hub with light MC tires. I was hoping I could find a conversion kit that would include the correct sized front but haven't found one. I am not even sure I know what to look for as far as rim and tire for the front.

I bought my frame from Chris at CAB Motorworks, who also recommended this forum to me. It has a 135mm to 156mm dropout range.

I'll keep researching in the meantime and hope to have some solid answers such that I can make some purchases tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Cisco

I bought more than 10 items on the 11-11 sale.

Many items listed were priced abnormally high, then "discounted".

Always good to compare with DHgate and non-sale items.

I found the 11-11 sale screen overlay really annoying.

Won't be buying at the next 11-11 sale.

Everything that I had in my AE cart didn't drop dramatically in price. I think it was pretty much a marketing scam to make you think things were extraordinarily cheap when they weren't.

Im in Australia and its always seems about 10% cheaper on ebay then Aliexpress or at least a few bucks cheaper!
Screw them I order componenrty all the time, ic's and sensors etc and about 30% of the time after waiting 5weeks I get the wrong things, 1/2" thread when I order 1/4" thread on an RTD, I ordered 2 meters (mtr each of blue and red tube) and i got clear the list goes on.
Alipay and the dispute system is a pita and it pails in comparison to PayPal.

I ordered a BBSHD in the sale with the free delivery to the UK and a colour LCD and it came to £434.14..
Not bad compared to the £675 eBay listings.

Back