Holiday Sales? Luna? Em3Ev?

China's equivalent to Black Friday is the 11-11 sale also called the singles sale and was on the 11th November.
I bought a BBSHD with a DCP14 display for £413.14 including free delivery to the UK.
The local price is £675.
Hoping Hobbyking ha a Black Friday sale as I need a couple more 4s,16Ah Multistars.

I saw a BBS01 for $295 and a 36V, 10a/h battery for $188 (US delivered from a seller that was reported to be honest on ES), but self-restraint prevailed.

KINNINVIEKID said:
China's equivalent to Black Friday is the 11-11 sale also called the singles sale and was on the 11th November.
I bought a BBSHD with a DCP14 display for £413.14 including free delivery to the UK.
The local price is £675.
Hoping Hobbyking ha a Black Friday sale as I need a couple more 4s,16Ah Multistars.

Bummed I missed the sales...

I dunno what you're looking for but $450 for BBS02 ain't a bad price and they might substitute DPC-14 color display if requested?

Uhh, where I work, the best way to get a discount is call, email, or chat, and ask for it.

What good does asking ES do? Ask them.

dogman dan said:
Uhh, where I work, the best way to get a discount is call, email, or chat, and ask for it.

What good does asking ES do? Ask them.
Hello Dogman,

Last time i emailed Luna for a question it took a while to get a reply so I was afraid it would take too long. I figured the long time ES users here would know the trend and say "yah they have a sale every year" and I would look out for it. Same way I found others have sales on 11/11 as people mentioned.

The BBS02 on sale for $450 is great but by the time I add battery and tax (I live in los angeles) its pushing 1K and thought a sale was worth waiting for. I am close enough to pick it up instead of shipping so thats a plus.

Marc

KINNINVIEKID said:
The local price is £675.

It came today along with a bill for the import tax!

Luckily the nice lad in China had put the value at $100 so the tax came to £25.52 with £11 handling fee .
Thats a total of £449.66 and hopefully I can get £250 or so for my BBS02 so £200 to upgrade.

Well, E bikekit doesn't sell the BBs02, so I can't hook him up with that.

You call Luna and nobody answers the phone, or calls back? I doubt that. Even if it does take a day or two to communicate, it sure could make it worth the wait if you get a discount, when nobody else gets, who did not ask.

Chances are, everybody is at least running a discount cyber Monday. If you don't, you won't sell a thing this week. But before the holiday started, you could likely have gotten the same discount a day or two early by asking.

Hi Mods,

A newly created EM3ev Support account has been banned from the forum. The post mentioned a sale on this thread that was specifically asking about whether EM3ev was going to have a Holiday Sale. I believe that the post was in keeping with the spirit of the thread and was certainly on-topic.

Please kindly reinstate our account, EM3ev Support and rescind the I.P. ban.

Thanks
Joseph, EM3ev.

Just an aside, from a former spamcop:

I saw the post before it was gone, and it was an ad, a sales post in a discussion forum. According to the rules here on ES, those are only allowed in the marketplace section.

Additionally, EM3EV (cell_man) already has his account here, so he should be using that one for his company stuff, as there is only one account allowed per member (companies count as members because if they create an account for every person that works for them it just gets confusing, they don't follow the rules, and they spam the forum with ads. We went thru that many times with different companies over the years).

If it wasnt' cell_man that made the account, but some other member already here, like you, then they also were breaking the rules and making mulitple accounts, and risked having their regular account removed, too.

amberwolf said:
Just an aside, from a former spamcop:

I saw the post before it was gone, and it was an ad, a sales post in a discussion forum. According to the rules here on ES, those are only allowed in the marketplace section.

Additionally, EM3EV (cell_man) already has his account here, so he should be using that one for his company stuff, as there is only one account allowed per member (companies count as members because if they create an account for every person that works for them it just gets confusing, they don't follow the rules, and they spam the forum with ads. We went thru that many times with different companies over the years).

If it wasnt' cell_man that made the account, but some other member already here, like you, then they also were breaking the rules and making mulitple accounts, and risked having their regular account removed, too.

Understood. Thanks for taking the time to reply, Amberwolf.

cell_man no longer posts on Endless Sphere.

Thanks
Joseph

Wow. I haven't been around this place so much lately but happened to read that removed post from 'em3 support'.

While I do agree that 'support' VS 'advertisement' postings must have a distinction, and that the post was advertisement and should go in the proper area to prevent abuse of the forum, the unwritten (afaik) rules about 'multiple' accounts is a misnomer and mistake. I think it needs attention and refinement. Half the 'rules' were written by some dude long ago before they attempted to sell out the forum, and are either not followed or not applicable, and/or are now not that coherent or reasonable, imo.

______
I do not see how a household of father/son, mother/father etc should be restrained to one 'member name', nor do I see how a 'company' cannot have a chairman's or owner's account, and also a separate dedicated support and/or separate employee accounts ?!?!?

So judge and enforce on actions. The way we treat others here. Refine rigid 'victimless crime' rules that only really suit the most powerful's predatorial actions here. . .
______

I don't propose I somehow have more wisdom or commonsense than much more senior members, admin, etc (or more junior members as well), BUT I personally have a problem with 'anonymous a55holes' that can be found here and fully recognize the ease of using proxies should those with REAL uncivil/unkind/unfair intent toward members decide multiple accounts fit their agenda. Afaict the current 'rules' only protect/proliferate that stuff. . .
And yeah, I've personally witnessed what I consider broken forum 'rules' by anonomous with moderation tools at their disposal. This forum has room for improvement towards (at least what I consider) a naturally civil, kind, fair, and free community.. . . ..

Cheers to those here that don't use inherent internet anonymity to abuse people and their power. Cheers to the forum and to constant personal and group improvement :D

KINNINVIEKID said:
The local price is £675.

Have you been watching the MultiStars @ HK? I think maybe not.
I have been watching the batteries in general ever since they revamped the site several weeks ago and things are very different.
For a couple of weeks after the site restucturing, the battery prices dropped across the board by about 20%, but last week they have risen again to the prices they were before, maybe a little higher.
In this time, I have seen no batteries "on sale", nor are pop-up discounts longer offered.
worst of all(I.M.O.), they made changes to the way Batteries are listed, using a remarkably obtuse and hard to use "interactive" search "form".
On the subject of a HK Cyber Sale, there is, but only on select items, no batteries.
I posted all this here while back, but nobody seems to care and I received no responses.
i'm gald I stocked up during the price lull because I think the days of really inexpensive batteries from HK are gone.

P.S. The RC guys really hate the new Hobby King;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2767400

nutspecial said:
I do not see how a household of father/son, mother/father etc should be restrained to one 'member name',
Well, AFAIK that was never an issue, and I'm unaware of any rule about it. I can remember there have been a few groups/families/etc whose members have each had their own accounts, and I don't remember any that caused problems because of it.

nor do I see how a 'company' cannot have a chairman's or owner's account, and also a separate dedicated support and/or separate employee accounts ?!?!?
There's no technical reason; just that whenever it has come up, and a second (or other) account has been made, one or more of them has been used to spam, often in the very first post (as in the case this OT discussion started with). So they were generally removed whenever it came up.

Not my "job" anymore, but I'm still a member here and I still think it's a good idea to just enforce one account for companies, even if several different employees use that same account. So if there's ever a vote, that's how mine goes. :)

For example, one big Chinese motor company that posts here started out creating new accounts and spamming discussion forums and making a new thread for every little thing, because each new employee that signed up here just did whatever they felt like, rather than checking with the others already here, or reading the rules, (and didnt' care, either), so they had to be constantly moderated for spamming, and were quickly told to just use one account, and school each person that was to use it in the forum rules and not to spam their stuff outside their sales threads in the marketplace. As soon as that was done, they've been well-behaved and AFAIK there's been no spam from them, and theyv'e been helpful and useful to a lot of ES members, for a fair bit of time now. But before that...it was a nightmare.

So the experiences I myself had as a moderator and member here are that most (though not all) companies with multiple employee accounts are problematic, and when reduced to just one most (though not all) are not a problem anymore, and are actually helpful/useful.

I find it helpful to remember that ES is not here for companies to sell things on, nor is it a support forum for company products. We happen to have a marketplace for selling new or used items, but we don't have support forums for companies, because those same companies have their own websites and support channels. It *is* helpful when a company can come provide help when no one else can, of course. But that's not really why most of them are here---they're here to sell things, and advertise their business so people will remember them later and buy stuff. That's why companies and businesses exist--to make money; if they don't make money, they don't exist very long. ;)

ES is really a DIY sort of place, where people just help other people because we all can.

Buying, selling, advertising...it's not why we exist.

My two cents, anyway. :)

Thanks for the reply AW! I'm not sure if I wasn't clear on some mentioned points you didn't reply to, but I understand the logic and sentiment you shared.

Well, AFAIK that was never an issue, and I'm unaware of any rule about it. I can remember there have been a few groups/families/etc whose members have each had their own accounts, and I don't remember any that caused problems because of it.
That's definitely good to know.

. . . nor do I see how a 'company' cannot have a chairman's or owner's account, and also a separate dedicated support and/or separate employee accounts ?!?!?

There's no technical reason; just that whenever it has come up, and a second (or other) account has been made, one or more of them has been used to spam, often in the very first post (as in the case this OT discussion started with). So they were generally removed whenever it came up.
And I guess that's where I see an issue. Iirc. the post was simply 'em3 is having a seasonal sale'. Anyone could have said it and I see no crime. The OP even specifically asks for such info.
I also have no problem with more than one account being loosely associated with any business, should they act properly towards the other members and not prove themselves a nuisance.
Imo either a warning via PM or modded post to offer direction/ dialog can be the most constructive most reasonable step in some circumstances, perhaps such as this. Should something beyond a warning be deemed necessary, the best active public moderation I've witnessed is done with an accompanying message/reason that the moderator is willing to 'get behind'.

Not my "job" anymore, but I'm still a member here and I still think it's a good idea to just enforce one account for companies, even if several different employees use that same account. So if there's ever a vote, that's how mine goes. :)
Fair enough!

For example, one big Chinese motor company that posts here started out creating new accounts and spamming discussion forums and making a new thread for every little thing, because each new employee that signed up here just did whatever they felt like, rather than checking with the others already here, or reading the rules, (and didnt' care, either), so they had to be constantly moderated for spamming, and were quickly told to just use one account, and school each person that was to use it in the forum rules and not to spam their stuff outside their sales threads in the marketplace. As soon as that was done, they've been well-behaved and AFAIK there's been no spam from them, and theyv'e been helpful and useful to a lot of ES members, for a fair bit of time now. But before that...it was a nightmare.
I personally didn't witness this but can imagine. That sounds a very reasonable course of action.

So the experiences I myself had as a moderator and member here are that most (though not all) companies with multiple employee accounts are problematic, and when reduced to just one most (though not all) are not a problem anymore, and are actually helpful/useful.
I also agree with this, though personally have never seen Em3 falling in that 'most' category?

I find it helpful to remember that ES is not here for companies to sell things on, nor is it a support forum for company products.
Everybody here buys and uses 'products' to at least some degree, and often require/request at least some member input pertaining to that. I'm not sure how every member wouldn't agree.

We happen to have a marketplace for selling new or used items, but we don't have support forums for companies, because those same companies have their own websites and support channels.
We do have threads, and we do have members seeking assistance. There's no way the forum should be used as a substitute for a company's tech support area imo, but if a user asks assistance (such as wondering who is running sales in the next few days) it seems logical to allow a reply by those 'in the know'.

It *is* helpful when a company can come provide help when no one else can, of course. But that's not really why most of them are here---they're here to sell things, and advertise their business so people will remember them later and buy stuff. That's why companies and businesses exist--to make money; if they don't make money, they don't exist very long. ;)

ES is really a DIY sort of place, where people just help other people because we all can.

Buying, selling, advertising...it's not why we exist.

My two cents, anyway. :)

Right, and there is just no way the forum can be completely sanitized of 'business's influence' even if every single member has no direct association in any way with any business . . . . because it's still a forum of members buying and using products diy!!!! The best of businesses will rise to the top regardless, in a semi-free/open atmosphere. I def appreciate your '2 cents' and the ability to offer the same here.

There is nothing on the EM3EV web site about a "Black Friday" sale.
Has this issue caused us to lose the only method we had to find out about any discount or sale at EM3EV?

motomech said:
KINNINVIEKID said:
The local price is £675.

Have you been watching the MultiStars @ HK? I think maybe not.
I have been watching the batteries in general ever since they revamped the site several weeks ago and things are very different.
For a couple of weeks after the site restucturing, the battery prices dropped across the board by about 20%, but last week they have risen again to the prices they were before, maybe a little higher.
In this time, I have seen no batteries "on sale", nor are pop-up discounts longer offered.
worst of all(I.M.O.), they made changes to the way Batteries are listed, using a remarkably obtuse and hard to use "interactive" search "form".
On the subject of a HK Cyber Sale, there is, but only on select items, no batteries.
I posted all this here while back, but nobody seems to care and I received no responses.
i'm gald I stocked up during the price lull because I think the days of really inexpensive batteries from HK are gone.

P.S. The RC guys really hate the new Hobby King;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2767400
I have been watching for quite a while and the problem is that,although they are currently just over £40 they are only available from the International warehouse and the postage is around £30 so I have to wait for the UK warehouse being restocked.
The new website is terrible with a hopeless search feature and half them stock priced in $ and the rest in £.

Hello,

I would buy the BBSHD deal you have with battery but I need the standard 68mm to 73mm version and not the fat bike version. If buying the version I need is possible please PM me.

Marc

EM3ev,, Luna,, E bikekit,, etc,, anybody can post an ad,, in the for sale section, where they belong. Nobody lost a way to find out about an ad. You just always lose spam posts. That's the deal.

I work for E bikekit on the chat. So there is two accounts for EBK, in a way. But I'm careful not to spam in the discussion sections. Hard not to, but I try. Sometimes somebody asks something specific enough I reply discussing an EBK product, but no links to the website. I don't even say go to EBK and chat with me. ( oops, I just did) :roll:

You wanna find an ad,, look there in for sale new, where they are.

addicted2climbing said:
Hello,

I would buy the BBSHD deal you have with battery but I need the standard 68mm to 73mm version and not the fat bike version. If buying the version I need is possible please PM me.

Marc

A2C - posting here is probably not a very reliable method to get a response to your question.

I suggest either a "sales question" email or call - http://lunacycle.com/support/

Unfortunately, looking at the HD black Friday sales page it specifically states 73-100mm units only. Never hurts to ask but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Damn, I just checked and the BBS02 went up $50 since mid-week...

Back