Schwinn Electric Bicycle - Which Model?

markz

100 TW
This is a Schwinn Electric Bicycle, the seller is not listing the model name, does anyone have any guesses?
This is the only picture he posted with the ad, nothing typed in the ad itself states anything.
I actually found the name through a google search, but I will let the post stand. I like this because of the battery location, I already have this bike (2nd picture below) which places the feet wider apart.

Whats this bike model?
Clipboard02.jpg

Strong.jpg

Whatever it is,, it's a currie motor bike, likely 24v. The frame could be nice,, it's slightly longtail, which makes a more comfy ride. In any case,, any more than $50 I'd tell the guy forget it.

Oh the memories. That was my first ebike.
It's a Schwinn IZip circa 2008. 24v,450watt brushed Currie motor, SLA's.
Sold at Canadian Tire for about $450, 8 years ago.

I miss mine, as shitty as it was.

Edit.
Nice Strong by the way. I converted a couple of those to brushless/lithium.

Yeah I use my MXUS 3000W V2 on the Strong with my Lyen 18fet.
I did my first ever picture search and found an add on craiglist naming the bike name as an IZIP as you mentioned Brentis. I like the battery placement making the wheelbase slighly longer. But the one I am looking at is $300. I would say its worth $100cdn or $65usd as mentioned. Otherwise a traingle bag is good enough on a cruiser bike.

Are there any model names related to IZIP? Like IZIP "Mountain Express" (Made up name)

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Schwinn-iZip---Electric-Bike---Excellent-Condition---OBO_23961439

Schwinn tries to recapture Baby Boomers with electric bike line:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/busines...cle_7c1f461c-01ea-569f-81b2-893284f859f0.html

59958d95cf6a5.image.jpg

Includes:
Madison-based Pacific Cycle, which purchased Schwinn out of bankruptcy in 2001, is set to launch three models of battery-powered, pedal assist bicycles. The move is designed to energize the Schwinn brand, keep aging boomers with a love of nostalgia on a bike and to grab a share of the growing eBike market that in 2016 may have grown by as much as 70 percent, according to some industry estimates.

... and:
"It's helping you but it's not doing all of the work for you," said Chuck McFarland, Pacific Cycle's e-movement product manager. "There is no throttle. You can't just coast. The sensors and the system read how much power you're putting into the bike."

Hehe... Stay tuned for "ES Mods". :wink:

i had a izip also overvoted on day one lithium tool batts was next upgrade i also strangely miss mine and met and rode with justin on his cross canada tour ultimetly 9c on that frame and 40mph
really like the second full susp ebike pictured
wasp

Back